Jccs 2008!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as of yesterday nothing found from JCCS in My mail. Maybe today.

Also, I just looked at this: http://www.japaneseclassiccarshow.com/categories.htm

Look closely, see any mention of trucks????? Once again, another trophy snafu is shaping up. Hopefully I am wrong, but I still don't understand Their thinking.

Well, as of yesterday nothing found from JCCS in My mail. Maybe today.

Also, I just looked at this: http://www.japaneseclassiccarshow.com/categories.htm

Look closely, see any mention of trucks????? Once again, another trophy snafu is shaping up. Hopefully I am wrong, but I still don't understand Their thinking.

Mike,

I can hear it now, "BEST DATSUN OTHER" CHOPTANNA :lol:

Hi guys. I totally do NOT ever expect a trophy at this run. I would think that the cleanest STOCK truck would have the best chance. Yes, We are growing in numbers BUT, this is still a CAR SHOW. Look at the t-shirts. NO TRUCKS. It might take another 5 years to get a truck on a t-shirt or poster.

OK, the mail just came and I'm # 13 in section B1. See You in 9 days (Mark and Guy in 7!), JCCS mania!!!

I just got home from the meeting for volunteers for JCCS, Section B1 is great parking. easy in & out. I guess they feel not enough trucks enter compared to cars, so that might be why. But who knows what's going thru the judges mind. Hell I won 3Rd place best 510 last year :eek: And there was a lot of really nice dimes there.

Hey Datrod,

Not sure exactly which decision I will make on this but, is there/will there be an area for trailer downloading? Maybe a mall or shopping center nearby like I used last year? I am still working out bugs on Choptana. I feel comfortable with 10 to 15 miles tops for the day on driving it to/from the run. I don't see just yet taking it all over Southern California in traffic and on freeways. From Guys to JCCS then to Mo's and then back to Guy's would be more than I have put total on Choptana. Also, it is lower than any truck I have ever built. I in NO WAY want to jebrodize anyone else's day with a breakdown. I am thinking more about just meeting up with the pack close to JCCS and rolling in with all the trucks. After the run uploading Choptana to go to the Bar-B-Que. Any suggestions?

Mike..were gonna end up meeting across the street from the event before we roll in. Ill post the Google maps link later tonight. Basically it looks like a huge parking lot which will probably be empty at that hour. Im thinking we should be at that lot no later than 5.30 - 5.45 ??? On the trophy thing..me personally i dont go just for that but i do think they should at least have a best truck original 1 - 3rd & best truck modified 1 - 3rd. I know they already have the awards & it's too late to add any more but thats just my 2 cents :)

At the same time Mark...we have been to each of these events.(Steroid & I) and have yet to see anything truck related...remember we had MANY trucks there last year...heck there were at least 5-6 620 trucks there alone..not counting the 320s and the 521s...ya know the first year they gave only ONE trophy for the "Other" Datsun category...even though they did in fact have 3 trophies on hand...I am sure that Mike can fill ya in on that deal.....(Old wound huh Mike?) shoot BRE 510s truck should have won that year as well...........................................ok my rant is over...I Know that it isn't about the awards, it is about the fun we have together, but, at the same time to have so many of us there and to be basically ignored is hard to swallow....(REMEMBER, this rant is coming from the very person who had the JCCS girls hangin all over his truck after the show last year....) BTW Mark, I will meet all of ya'll wherever you set up to meet next Sunday....

Hey Datrod,

Not sure exactly which decision I will make on this but, is there/will there be an area for trailer downloading? Maybe a mall or shopping center nearby like I used last year? I am still working out bugs on Choptana. I feel comfortable with 10 to 15 miles tops for the day on driving it to/from the run. I don't see just yet taking it all over Southern California in traffic and on freeways. From Guys to JCCS then to Mo's and then back to Guy's would be more than I have put total on Choptana. Also, it is lower than any truck I have ever built. I in NO WAY want to jebrodize anyone else's day with a breakdown. I am thinking more about just meeting up with the pack close to JCCS and rolling in with all the trucks. After the run uploading Choptana to go to the Bar-B-Que. Any suggestions?

Mike,

They have a early roll in for towing vehicles 7-7:30 You might want to take advantage of that since your truck is really low. The area is on grass and not smooth terrain. You will all be parked together anyway. so I don't see an isue there. If you want someone parked near you just ask one of the volunteers to leave room. They have plenty of room for your rig to park after unloading.

I had talked to Koji after last years show about the truck thing, But I guess it didn't sink in :lol:

i kid you not ...

one of our ratsun compadres is driving around irvine at the moment looking for the jccs

:eek:

i don't want to mention a name, but let him come forward if he wants to

:lol:

He might want to be the first guy in line,

Alright guys! Is everybody ready:)? I am:D! Havent done realy anything new to my truck but wash it:lol:! But I still think she looks Purttie:lol:!

Man I have so much work to do next week it's not even funny. I'm taken two cars and both need a good detail. And the wagons not done yet. Still have to do some painting, Put the rear bumper on, some moulding, some more billet stuff I made today. But I'll make it happen. :D

Waagraragggagaaa..... I'm tired.... I have done this few things these past few days on my truck.... install tach, new dash, paint/fix instrument panel, weather stripping, wiring, New radio pioneer with 5 1/2 inch infinity speakers, cut some metal, fix the dimmer switch, and not done yet.... Dang... If I have time I will need to fix the brakes, suspension bushings, drop it, and wheels. But I dont think I will finish that for the show. Its registered and insured now though... Wragdgdddaaas... :dead:

motivated,

if you find those papers for jccs show I will reimburse you for it as I think my car will be there, might as well let another ratsun participate oh its actually a '64 fairlady that has been sitting for 20years and yes I'm redoing things as we speak to get it mechanically sound but it sure is ratty LOL...Just look for the burgundy metallic '64 fairlady with my daughter in it..

conrad

Guest Superman
i kid you not ...

one of our ratsun compadres is driving around irvine at the moment looking for the jccs

:eek:

i don't want to mention a name, but let him come forward if he wants to

:lol:

How did you know?? Were you driving around too? :eek:

Chris get ahold of Guy. Ill PM you his #. I know Jason, Ray, Mike & Guy are meeting at Guys house & will end up on the 241 which turns into the 133 & then exit @ irvine center drive. I believe Ron & Ray will jon the caravan somewhere on the 91. No word yet from Robert so i hope he sees our plans here. Once again heres the Mapquest link to the event...

just look for the RED star :D

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Irvine&state=CA&address=8800+Irvine+Center+Dr.