i done with datsuns

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we all get frustrated sometimes. hope that's all that's going on with you.

We don't want to loose you Ted:) use the force. Stay away from the dark side.

Say it isn't so Ted! What has you so worked up?

Really though, there are much more important things than cars. Datsun or otherwise. I understand wanting to shed you skin and start anew with something completly different.

I hate to say it, but if I found the right morris minor truck, I would have to think hard about getting out of datos. I only have time for one auto obsession.

So do you have a new obsession, or are you just tired of old sh*t in general?

wow. that was rude. I can understand that cars are not life, maybe you should too, Ted. If you're giving up on Datsuns, that's fine. If it has you that worked up Then I'm sure it's for the best.

You've been a productive member of this board, and I'm sure you will be missed.

Every time I get reallyfrustrated, I post up somewhere that my car is for sale. It really isn't, but this usaually teaches the car a lesson and gets it back in line.

I once threatend mine with a trip to the scrap yard....its worked right ever since

Every time I get reallyfrustrated, I post up somewhere that my car is for sale. It really isn't, but this usaually teaches the car a lesson and gets it back in line.

I've never done that. Mine tend not to act up all too often, but next time they're giving me a hard time I'll try this... :D

Ted, what convinced you to get out? Was it people constantly begging for parts? :o Like mentioned above, there are more important things in life, so good luck with whatever your future endeavours. Will you stick around on the board, or are you going cold turkey?

Whatever you say sir

but, shouldn't it be "I'm done with datsuns"???:lol:

I too often think this when my windows are rattling, always smells of exhaust and oil, rain leaks, rust, parts falling off, break downs, ride quality, you get my point, I just cant give it up yet!

I once threatend mine with a trip to the scrap yard....its worked right ever since

I call that "persuasion". The car calls it "convincing".

In either instance, Ted, I never got to talk to you, but things happen and cause you to change course. I was stationed overseas with the Army, came home on leave, saw my 610 with almost flat tires, saw cats living comfortably in my trunk (among other areas), and thought that maybe she did not deserve to live out her days that way. I posted her for sale, and fortunately, no one wanted someone elses project. So I chased out the cats, aired up the tires and went back to Germany for the duration of my tour. I'm now home, and realize what a mistake it could have been. I understand how you feel. Good Luck with your future endeavors, and should you get another Datsun, we'll be waiting here with open arms.

I call that "persuasion". The car calls it "convincing".

In either instance, Ted, I never got to talk to you, but things happen and cause you to change course. I was stationed overseas with the Army, came home on leave, saw my 610 with almost flat tires, saw cats living comfortably in my trunk (among other areas), and thought that maybe she did not deserve to live out her days that way. I posted her for sale, and fortunately, no one wanted someone elses project. So I chased out the cats, aired up the tires and went back to Germany for the duration of my tour. I'm now home, and realize what a mistake it could have been. I understand how you feel. Good Luck with your future endeavors, and should you get another Datsun, we'll be waiting here with open arms.

well said bro

I've kicked my truck a few times. It's still being a bitch though. Maybe I'll have to start with the verbal abuse like I do with my nieces and nephews... that usually shows em who's boss.