i done with datsuns

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One time I was driving my 510 to seattle and I was in Washington and there was another ratsun on the freeway, so I raced up to it. and it was Ted and Bonnie. We raced a little bit. But he had a bigger motor. haha. So Ted took off and then the Yelm exit came and he was gone. but it was a memory that I will have forever. Or till I am old and have a bad memory.

I don't want to see Ted go. But even if he does I know he wont forget about all of us.

thank you every one for your words of encouragement and support. i was pretty upset this morning when i posted this. i will be keeping 3 trucks as drivers. they are good rigs.

i have been having trouble with "people" and there was a straw that finally broke the camels back. i've tried to be as fair as i could with transactions between every one here and on ebay. but of course there will always be somebody out there who whines, snivels and bitches because he/she doesn't feel the product was nice enough for used, feels they need special rights or privileges, feels they got cheated out of a deal because they were too slow to react or just because they have nothing better to do. its getting too childish for me now.

there was a private message sent to me last night regarding a truck i had for sale-

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdaaj View Post

problem is, i've got more into it than i paid for it.

HOW? It is identical to how I sold it to and the only reason you may have needed to put exhaust on it was because his dumbass took off the muffler in an attempt to make his truck sound like the KA truck. That thing was slapped together in less than two months of me putting one or two hours a week into it, if that and it looks the same. lol. Someone will deffinately give you what your asking for it but I don't believe you ever have more than 150 plus what you spent in gas. Also, I don't think it was cool you weren't willing to help fellow datsun people out with the shady deal on that radiator. The radiator is held in with two zip ties and the coolant hoses just so could drive it home. It wouldnt have been any effort on your part to pull it and exchange with a proper radiator like used. I would have even sourced and paid for that rad for you but you were unwilling to do such a deal.

i wasn't unwilling, i had made a 100 plus mile trip to try and resolve this.

judge me how ever you want. theres always two sides to a story. i'm bowing out for who knows how long. good luclk to you all.

Interesting Ted, seems to be a certain attitude from Vancouver folks. I know how you feel, the same group of folks made me want to bail as well. But you know what? Fuck em, there is always someone in this biz that bitches and whines about something. Not sure why he gives 2 shits about you selling the truck, not sure why it's his business. You're a good guy Ted, hope this doesn't keep you gone too long.

I seen that post where it was all started.

I thought it was a fun poke.? guess not.

I have personally sold a many of car for a proffit. What's wrong with that?

wow... i am very pleased with the deals that i have gotten from ya. even though the radi originally bought wasn't right ya went the extra mile to make it right. and i applaud that. if people dont appreciate the good guys well F them! i feel your a good guy!

if you have a problem FUCK YOU

AWESOME!!! I love you Ted!! YOU ARE MY HERO!!!! :D

As soon as I read that, I knew it had to be "people" oriented.

I'm glad to hear that you're keeping a few datsuns....it's not the rig's fault.

I've said this before on this forum...... Ted has class and integrity!!! Which basically means he's one of the oddballs. There's so few guys like Ted left in the world today....let alone the dato community.....it's a shame! Ted has been a cornerstone from back when nwde was thriving. He and Datsunaholic always had an answer....in Ted's case...he always had the part :) Dont' see much of 'aholic around anymore either. He had a lot of class too.

Don't feel too bad or apologize too much my friend. Another very good friend of mine just told me the same thing tonight....that he was done with datsuns...and again, it wasn't the rigs fault. Hell...I almost said it about a year and a half ago. I don't see me ditching the NL anytime soon, but I've already backed way off on my Ratsun time. I get the urge to rant on everyother thread....so I hardly read any of them anymore.

Ted....I have your number...you should have mine(if not PM me). I will enjoy being friends with a guy of your caliber no matter what kind of rig you drive!

............I still hope you bring the NL to Canby!! :)

I have also had some bad transactions, the Z car for instance, never getting full payment! Kinda bums me out... I just always try to keep in mind what a high school teacher told me. "If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem." I try not to rant or be a dick. I try to comment appropriately, when I'm around anyways:D

Sorry to hear about all the bullshit. Especially being stuck in the middle. Ted, you seem like a great guy, I only got to meet you once, and it was for a VERY smooth, friendly transaction. I'd hate to see you give up over a little bitching.

Before I got my 510 I was all lined up to go pick up a truck. Called the guy, he knew I was on my way, cash in hand ready to buy with truck and trailer. After driving nearly an hour, we arrived to find that 2 other dipshits had shown up and we got the "These guys got here first" even though they were in no way prepared to remove the vehicle from the property. Now THAT was a fucked up move, but it didn't keep me down, and if it weren't for that shithead, I never would have found my 510.

That man happens to be very well respected in the Datsun community. I'm sure he's a fine guy. but if fucked me.

There are plenty of assholes, but a lot of times folks just don't think, or just make bad decisions.

As for Vancouver folks, that's a fairly bold statement for someone who has never made the journey for the WEEKLY get together.

REMEMBER:

retarded.jpg

Interesting Ted, seems to be a certain attitude from Vancouver folks. I know how you feel, the same group of folks made me want to bail as well. But you know what? Fuck em

Way to go cool guy you, just made your first impression on me! :fu:

Like Kizz said, you have never met most of us so how can you make that assumption? I don't even go to most Tuesday nights but I still make some.

Ted I don't know you, but I don't know allot of people on here. We just have one thing in common and thats datsuns. I am glad to hear its just people that pissed you off, and not dattos. I too have thought lately about making them just a side hobby and not living them day to day, but I am young yet and can bend in lots of positions so I guess I can still work on them. haha

Hey Mike, I too have been moving away from ratsun, kind of a shame.

Look personally i have met with ted a couple of times, and he has gone a little out of his way to help me out. He is a great guy and very fair I am happy with every transaction we have done.. On top of all of it he is a awesome guy very cool and laid back.. there is no reasn to give him grief.. so good luck ted call me up when you are up around my way maybe we can go get lunch or something..

Time for my old ass to chime in. Ted, ive bought a few things off you in the past & you always gave me good deals & i was in no hurry for the parts either. Whenever you sell on e bay or CL or whatever youll always seem to get complainers., thats human nature. Dood...i was GIVING away a 69 521/parts & had complainers :rolleyes: Maybe take a break from selling & just work on YOUR rigs for awhile. Get out in the yard & turn a few wrenches for a stress relief. & BTW sign in to Yahoo messenger sometime so we can chat/shoot the shit. This reminds me a a WAR song................

See what I mean? Just can't wait to jump all over someone. Wasn't talking about anyone in particular, and next thing you know, everyone gets their undies in a bunch.

You've never met me either, so doesn't that road go both ways.

What's my motivation for driving up to Vancouver on a tuesday night after I've worked all day? I've got more on plate than you could ever fathom, and really don't have time to spend 2 hours drving somewhere on a week night.

maybe I haven't been here long enough or earned enough respect to say this but I will anyway.

all of us on here need to refrain from purposefully rude comments toward one another for the good of the forum.

I'm sure a lot of folks are discouraged from posting or even joining because of all the negative comments flying around.

Ted just wanted to vent and that's fine. we're here to let him give out a general vent. however, he has respected the need for balance by not naming the individual he's upset with.

we've made a somewhat hostile environment as of late on this forum and it needs to chill.

that's the problem with typing. even with smilies you can't see someone's face or hear their tone of voice- so we as sinful humans assume the worst.

let's just chill a little and sand down the rough edges.

just an encouragement:)

See what I mean? Just can't wait to jump all over someone. Wasn't talking about anyone in particular, and next thing you know, everyone gets their undies in a bunch.

You've never met me either, so doesn't that road go both ways.

What's my motivation for driving up to Vancouver on a tuesday night after I've worked all day? I've got more on plate than you could ever fathom, and really don't have time to spend 2 hours drving somewhere on a week night.

For one thing you did generalize all of us with, "seems to be a certain attitude from Vancouver folks" Which should have read "seems to be a certain attitude from a few Vancouver folks" If you were trying to get a point across that only a few were asses. Thanks for the apology by the way. Your right, never met you and maybe I don't care too now. I'm not going to get into a pissing match but I seriously doubt you have more on your table. Why the hell did that come up anyway? I spend the little free time I have talking to everyone on here to get away from life a little bit, but now I think Ratsun may be loosing its quality of people. I didn't say you had to drive up here, just the fact that you don't take the time to know us so why take the time to diss "all" of us.

This gay ass game is over....I'm out!

and with the chilling out. I am game for that, but I think I am going to leave Ratsun for a while, or at least cut back. fryanbacon your right on the money!

Being limited to one dimension on the forum is a huge limitation. Right fiveNdime?? Something he said on the forum didn't come across right due to that limitation...we know how that one went. I should have held my tongue or pm'd him to let him know how I perceived his comment. Luckily, I came across Atom's later posts before I was able to respond to his first.....cause I sure didn't take that one right!!

I can certainly relate to Ted's frustration. For example.... I'd almost sooner throw something away than deal with trying to sell it on CL. To have 3 guys in a row call and say "I'm getting in the car now", then never show up....AARRGGHHH. That's complete BS!! But society today seems to think it's okay to pull that sh*t. Anyway....that's a whole other rant! :)

I've met the Vanc' guys personally and on the forum. I much prefer to hang out with them in person!!

It seems the younger crowd these days are more used to communicating with text msgs...which are brief and short. It seems they tend to make shorter posts, too. The economy of words makes the "context" of the communications even harder to "feel". I tend to get really "wordy" just to avoid that. Anyway....if everyone praised in public and critisized in private, at least the appearance of the forum and community would be much more happy and unified. Plus....when the face to face get togethers happen, the couple of guys with a fued going can just grin and bear it :)

So...I've wasted a bunch of time here for basically no reason. I'm not dissappearing, but I really need to spend this time in the shop!! :)

People from Vancouver are gay especially people from battleground.

Your_Gay.jpg

take that to the toilet and sit on it...

this forum has lost all its worth.... I done with grammer.

oh..and please dont respond to me, it only gives me encouragement.

i write these things out of bordom and to prove the point that... well, yer gay.

I'm kidding. i have only met two of you and you were both gay.

ted sorry to hear u r thinking about leavin, but as u realize, people are people, we will always have to deal with the whiners, and criers..never met u and was hopin to try to get that wheel from u..if it was / is cost effective, as for all the other junk, c'mon people i thought we were all way beyond third grade, enuff of the he said, she said stuff..a little fun poking is ok, but quit being such baby ass whiners, grow up, we all have 1 thing in common, we love datos, we all need to understand that we are all differant, that way it doesn't get boring,that's better than being all the same.. we all come from differant backgrounds, we just need to realize we all have differant outlooks at things, enuff soap box preachin on my part.. ted give it a while maybe lay off sellin for a while, every one else grow the hell up !!!!!:D luv ya all, only been here a short while and u all have been very great and helpful..just maybe relax and think about how u want to be treated before u fly off and treat some one else like CRAP, at least thats how i think, just my 2 pennies worth..:D