mrbigtankers 521

mrbigtanker

57 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Psychlone? Awesome. I've wanted one for years. That and a 454SS.

Cant wait. Looking at HRE or Forgeline wheels for it. Called Baer brakes as they have a back and front kit for them. Also found a guy back east tat makes a coil over kit all around. Oh boy stop it Ray stop it. lol

• Like 3
  • Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Oh, so totally different then. Is the 3.8 in the GNX the modern 3800? Or is it the same architecture as the 4.3? I know there were many variants.

Yes totally different engine.

A total of just 547 cars were built by Buick with a Grand National interior and then sent to American Specialty Cars (ASC) McLaren Performance Technologies for the GNX transformation. Improvements included a Garrett T3 turbocharger with ceramic impeller and GNX heat sheild, larger capacity intercooler, reprogrammed engine management and performance suspension with torque bar and GNX-only rear differential cover. The 3.8L V6 engine in the GNX was conservatively rated for 276 horsepower at 4,400 RPM and 360 lb-ft of torque at 3,000 RPM and backed by a prepared Turbo-HydraMatic 2004R transmission.

• Like 1

Both the Syclone and Typhoon trucks feature a Mitsubishi TD06-17C 8cm² turbocharger[1] and Garrett water/air intercooler attached to a 4.3 L LB4 V6 engine featuring upgrades that included: hypereutectic pistons, nodular iron main caps, upgraded head gaskets, intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds, and a 48mm twin bore throttle body from the 5.7 L GM Small-Block engine. All Syclones and Typhoons had a 4L60 4-speed automatic transmission. A BorgWarner 4472 all wheel drive transfer case splits torque with 35% of power going to the front and 65% of power to the rear wheels.[1] Both trucks featured sport modifications to the standard suspensions. The Syclone was the first production truck to receive a 4-wheel anti-lock braking system.[3] With this engine, the Syclone produces 280 hp (209 kW) and 350 lb⋅ft (475 N⋅m) of torque.[1] The Syclone, when new, was capable of accelerating from 0-60 mph (97 km/h) in 4.3 seconds and could do a quarter-mile run in 13.4 seconds at 98 mph (158 km/h) according to Car & Driver's comparison test.

• Like 2

Sweet Syclone!

I worked at GMC dealer for 36 years, and back in 1991 GMC had a demo Syclone that they were taking around for dealer personnel drive. I was working swing shift in the parts department at the time and the sales manager gave me the keys and told me to take it out for a test drive.  I waited until later that night to drive it and proceeded to try and power brake it and get the tires to break loose. It wouldn't spin the tires, but when you let off the brake you could hear the tires grating against the pavement when it launched. Such a cool and unique vehicle. 

I always hopped GMC would revive the Syclone when the Canyon came out. They could have made a beast with AWD and a LS 5.3 or 6.0.

• Like 3
On 7/3/2022 at 1:23 PM, mrbigtanker said:

52189503878_c164c78893_4k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

52189493296_bd6cbf5a84_4k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

Alright after 2 years the front half is painted. Of course more work to do, but once the cab is mounted it will all get pounded out like a French whore. I love the color red.

you're gonna get pulled over alot by cops with that color

• Haha 1