mrbigtankers 521

mrbigtanker

3 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Me too. I really dislike polished aluminum under the hood. Most importantly, all the stuff should follow a them or match. All parts should have the same gloss percentage.

Yes I agree the manifold and valve cover are gloss but I will change around the color around them with more black and silvers per say. I owned big Polished Peterbilt's, I'm tired of polishing.lol

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/17/2022 at 1:19 PM, mrbigtanker said:

I owned big Polished Peterbilt's, I'm tired of polishing.lol

I desperately want an old Peterbilt for hauling my classic cars and trucks. Is it worth having one? What do they cost to register and insure? I could totally see myself hitting the road in an 18 wheeler to scour the countryside for derelict vehicles, bringing home 3 or 4 at a time.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I desperately want an old Peterbilt for hauling my classic cars and trucks. Is it worth having one? What do they cost to register and insure? I could totally see myself hitting the road in an 18 wheeler to scour the countryside for derelict vehicles, bringing home 3 or 4 at a time.

Well you could register it as Not for Hire.look for a old needle nose Pete or Kenworth. I hope you can shift 2 sticks though, but most just pull the Brownie box out and install a 13 speed road ranger. I have actually thought about it for a long time but in the end, too much work and costly for repairs that we can't do.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Can you just skip gears? Or do you have to go through every gear?

You're right about repairs. I don't even own a 3/4" rattle gun.

Yes, here in CA I would need a commercial license. It would come in handy.

I think there is a special endorsement to drive it. And you could also run an automatic now.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, d.p said:

lol man, I knew this was going to the be case.  Same old story "best body guy, best work but only takes forever to finish the job."

True story

2 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Imagine being in a position where everybody wants your work, but nobody understands what it costs or how long it takes. Most people have no idea that a "good" paint job will include about 100 hours of sanding alone.

And that is no joke. I still think it’s way past it’s ready point. Only tailgate left. 

• Like 5

i have served my time in body shop hell with grimace by a couple of painters since january 2017 and 1 guy used to do awesome work with candies and pearls and metallic flakes but he got involved with drugs and over extended himself and used my money/supplies on other people cars that was in body shop hell that i didnt know at the time when i took my 521 to i wound up getting burnt by his ass and other guy i took 521 to had it for almost 3 years and got it painted but still needs to finish cut n buff /interior but he over extended himself and farted around and i have my truck at home and getting it put back together be4 he cut n buffs it and interior. i gave guy an ultimatium to have it done by end of august so i  can take it to show in laughlin, nv in sept. and williams, az event in oct.

• Like 2

Body shop jobs are tough, boring and hard on the body. So when I hear about another painter getting hooked on drugs, it doesn't surprise me.

Back in the old coal mining days, guys would bring a growler of beer with them down the mine. They drank the whole thing, just to make their job less mundane. True story!

I don't allow alcohol in my shop, until after hours.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Body shop jobs are tough, boring and hard on the body. So when I hear about another painter getting hooked on drugs, it doesn't surprise me.

Back in the old coal mining days, guys would bring a growler of beer with them down the mine. They drank the whole thing, just to make their job less mundane. True story!

I would be suspicious if my painter wasn't on drugs 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 5/12/2022 at 9:07 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Well no drugs and alcohol with Tony. And there might be good news as my truck could be getting ready finally for paint, he has not called me back and said this weekend. Lord Jesus make this happen.lol

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

52103002962_0ee03ec97e_4k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

52104027021_d705d77973_4k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

52104535250_287e413c1e_4k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

Ok sooooooooooo, All body panels and cab are ready to Paint. Bed will get one more block sand again, and its ready for paint, Tailgate to follow. I will be happy with cab painted now so I can proceed with the build. Stay Tunes on the next episode.

• Like 6
  • 3 weeks later...