mrbigtanker

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought that same brake master for a project I have here. The master is so short, it will work anywhere. The only thing I don't like about Wilwood masters is the screw on lid. Those tiny 3mm drive tapered screws gets stripped so easily. There used to be a company that sold a modified lid with screw on caps for Wilwood masters. I looked for it, but couldn't find it.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I just bought that same brake master for a project I have here. The master is so short, it will work anywhere. The only thing I don't like about Wilwood masters is the screw on lid. Those tiny 3mm drive tapered screws gets stripped so easily. There used to be a company that sold a modified lid with screw on caps for Wilwood masters. I looked for it, but couldn't find it.

This one https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wil-330-12954 or a different aftermarket one?

11 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I am going to find out tomorrow how it fits and looks. I think it will work and look good but flags is big. Stay Tuned

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So many things to think about before paint. On a project I'm working on now, I even took the step of laying out the wiring harness so I would know where to weld on wire clips and mount the ECM inside the cab.

I remember watching American Chopper where they got a bike frame back from the powder coaters and were drilling holes in it to run wires. So lame.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

So many things to think about before paint. On a project I'm working on now, I even took the step of laying out the wiring harness so I would know where to weld on wire clips and mount the ECM inside the cab.

I remember watching American Chopper where they got a bike frame back from the powder coaters and were drilling holes in it to run wires. So lame.

We Got that covered.Only thing we did not do was a battery box but that is simple enough to be built and bolted nicely to frame.Only thing is seeing if I go air to air or stay with he water to air intercooler.stay tuned. Cant wait to post a picture with some color.

Edited by mrbigtanker
  • Like 2

51720908263_74bd1b328a_3k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

Yeah I know, know paint yet. But progress. Can you see the subtle change to the upper fire wall.So far Saturday it leaves for paint. His friend has a huge shop that he takes to paint at and then comes back to his shop for cut and buff and finish touches with his clients cars. 

My truck will be named Subtle with a 9" reared 305 wide tires under the fender well as well. lol. But Subtle, I think people will like the changes but not drifting tooooooo far away from what a 521 should look like.Stay tuned.

• Like 3