pic of your truck

Icehouse

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a Datsun but this one just arrived into my stable.

89f214138eebece5d250a861639170d3_zpsz3ug

02160aeb9f43721493ed4ccc266f14d0_zpsjvbb

I had a couple of the Daihatsu which are basicaly identical. One of them was geared with 7.17 R&Ps so it only went 25 mph. Both had empty, unfinished transfer cases. I always wanted to find the gears and finish the machining of the case to make mini 4x4's.

I had a couple of the Daihatsu which are basicaly identical. One of them was geared with 7.17 R&Ps so it only went 25 mph. Both had empty, unfinished transfer cases. I always wanted to find the gears and finish the machining of the case to make mini 4x4's.

These are actually available as a 4x4. And 5 speed and A/C too.

Mine is not, it's a RWD. 550cc 3 cylinder with 4 speed.

This one is a 1988. Pretty clean little truck. I'm digging it.

• Like 1

These are actually available as a 4x4. And 5 speed and A/C too.

Mine is not, it's a RWD. 550cc 3 cylinder with 4 speed.

This one is a 1988. Pretty clean little truck. I'm digging it.

Did you import this yourself?

I was going to say, I bet the neighbors love this.

Yeah I'm sure it irritates some of my neighbors. But my neighbor parks a camp trailer on his front grass. My other neighbor parks his trailer on half of his front lawn, and puts his boat on the side yard so he can park his truck on the driveway. Another guy has a trailer in the street in front of his house all the time. It's part of the reason my wife and I chose this neighborhood to buy a house. People are used to it here.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm sure it irritates some of my neighbors. But my neighbor parks a camp trailer on his front grass. My other neighbor parks his trailer on half of his front lawn, and puts his boat on the side yard so he can park his truck on the driveway. Another guy has a trailer in the street in front of his house all the time. It's part of the reason my wife and I chose this neighborhood to buy a house. People are used to it here.

I don't have neighbors. I love it.

• Like 1

I bought another one...

IMG_20151026_184556765_zpskywlttbo.jpg

I know what you need now! Since you have other 4x4's you need to build this one a bit different. Long arm front suspension, coilovers poking through the hood, low ride height, 35" tires, cut out fenders, LS1, 4L80 trans, trailing arm rear suspension. That 720 would make a cool stadium truck.

• Like 3

There are plans involving this truck.... At least large chunks of it.... It's a project I hope to work on over the winter, but I prefer to be one of those guys who shows what he did, not says what he's going to do. So perhaps I will have a cool reveal come spring, i hope.

• Like 2

Duece, do you have a build thread?

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/56917-wallis-dirti-martini/

and thanks for the gas the other night on i-5 duece..... glad i have run ot twice on the free way close to your house ... 

092ACB56-3497-4ACB-B607-6E41DBFB6F44_zps

the bridge to his house that he met me at and gave me his can ... which is full and here at the shop duece

16653452-0A02-4400-9534-137EAE94BCD7_zps

just got too much on my mind and going on to boher to pay attention to my working gas gauge ..... i coasted nearly a mile to get to this locale to meet duece 

• Like 2