Icehouse

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just picked this guy up about a week ago 
'86 5-speed, plans to lower by 2-3" and leave ratty until I have the money for a new bed and good paint, maybe even a boosted KA24 or SR/RB20 swap 

First Nissan, last car was a rusted out Volvo 240 that had nowhere near the potential this has

26679194126_89ce83cabd_b.jpg

A couple from this weekend.

coop01_zpsaeo3odcg.jpg

coop02_zpsi4xporge.jpg

Back in 1977 we lived next to the Cal Trans maintenance yard in Mojave, CA, and there was a green standard cab exactly like yours, even the same rims! I loved that truck (that green paint!)...Great looking truck man!
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm with Kneesamo! and Thank you! I always wanted all terrain tires on my 620. I like how they do sell all terrains for stock 620 rim size!  B)

I'm looking into re-arching the rear leaf springs and get the truck higher from the rear :)

IMAG0019.jpg

• Like 2

I'm with Kneesamo! and Thank you! I always wanted all terrain tires on my 620. I like how they do sell all terrains for stock 620 rim size!  B)

I'm looking into re-arching the rear leaf springs and get the truck higher from the rear :)

IMAG0019.jpg

Easier to add a longer shackle. The stock datsun shackle is really short compared to most.

One thing to keep in mind if doing so is the added length of the shackle translates to 1/2 that length in lift at the axle. So a 3" longer shackle will net you 1.5" lift. 

Did you put the leafs on top of the axle instead of under it yet? Can we do that with these trucks?

You'd have to cut off the mounts on the diff and weld on new ones on the other side. Once you do that, it should be easy. But that would be at least a 3" lift. Longer shackles are much easier. 

• Like 2

You'd have to cut off the mounts on the diff and weld on new ones on the other side. Once you do that, it should be easy. But that would be at least a 3" lift. Longer shackles are much easier. 

hey it was an idea, not an easy one but an idea none the less. i was thinking flip the axle but that would mess up the diff fluid bungs

• Like 1