Sightings

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yea that thing has a ton of rake... you should lower it?

Front coils are maxed out and I'm already at a vibration level I hate with being this low in the rear. Plans wil happen for shortened front struts and a better rear axle setup.

I'm also already scraping on crap so I'll need to tuck the exhaust.

image-94.jpg

image-95.jpg

image-96.jpg

image-97.jpg

image-98.jpg

image-99.jpg

image-100.jpg

This truck has a lot of cool things done to it, unfortunately a few of them were not done well. Particularly the doors, which will need to be redone to get them to function correctly. I did like the fact that the chop retained the stock size of the rear window and I'm not sure if the A pillars were laid back in such a fashion as to accomodate the stock windshield...however, none of the glass was present. That is to say with the exception of a dismantled: Flex-Thru! It broke my heart to see that window taken apart like that and not being able to find all the hardware for it in the parts box...Sad! As for the Buick V6, the timing seemed 180 out and the guy could not get it to start. It will be a nice truck if the right person with the time, skill set, and patience gets ahold of it.

• Like 2

My wife came across this picture in one of our albums... *her holding it up* ... "do you still want this old crappy picture?"

*me* .... YES.!!!! .....  geez girls are dumb :)

from Resolutions 1987

IMG_01348.jpg

then she holds the next one up ...... "I guess that means you want this one too.!"

IMG_01347.jpg

I'm pretty sure this was before he did a walk thru on it because somewhere I've got pictures of the chassis with the tilt bed up.

Still one of my all time favorite 620's. 

• Like 3

Is this JJs car painted a different color than it was?

No , it's a guy named Bill , he just stopped over to BS ,, JJs is still primered out ,  JJ.  is however working on a new whack job tandem axle truck that he is hoping to be done with by the Dilla factory meet on the 28th... 

That blue car is a real SSS car that is sporting dual 44s on a stroked R1600 (making it a 2000)  with a 720 short 5speed and updated G20 brakes... He said he was going to try to make the Feb 28th meet so i will take a couple more pictures of engine and such there,,,, it just seems weird to take pics of whole car at your house.

JJs newest john Deere green contraption of science

IMG_2520.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

• Like 3

Took a trip down to Depot Bay, OR for a couple days.

Might have seen a single solitaire Datsun on the way down (see end of post)

Walked into town and saw this Z car:

02172015_depot_bay_z_1_.JPG

Then, the next day it was parked right in front of the unit where we were staying!  (did it follow me home?)

02172015_depot_bay_z_2_.JPG

On the way home, while headed up 101 we passed some kind of old service station that I wish I would have taken a picture of.  It had "BLUE BIRD STATION" painted on the front.

While going south through Salem, OR, we passed a shop on the West side of the road (99E?) that looked like it may have had a 520/521 in it's holding pen.  EEparts.com is what I wrote down in my notes but google doesn't give me anything obvious for that or the Blue Bird Station.  It's possible, looking at google maps that the place on 99 was "Japanese Connection?"

• Like 1