• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hater sauce made me do this ... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvwi33RJWXU

Lmao! Ok, this second video is the nail in the coffin for the guy doing the interview in the videos. You can tell by his demeanor and vocabulary he's the kind of "car guy" that pays someone to change his oil. And not because he has more money than time. He trolls Craigslist and finds vehicles by choosing the highest price first option. He then calls on ones he finds appealing by what ever set standards, sets up a meeting, and does his "thing." Boom! The end product being the two videos posted. I would be highly HIGHLY surprised and would even literally bet the bank on it that on the spot; he COULD NOT tell me the four cycles to a four stroke engine. You can't give me the absolute basics on how the engine in your vehicle even works? And you're a "car guy" huh? Tell me more... I'm just winging all this off of watching those two videos... Hilarious. But hey, the guys an entrepreneur in his own right, and I really did enjoy the videos (even if they are better on mute with the radio turned up.)

"Do you think you can turn it on for us," I mean come on; who says that? That stood out to me. Does anybody else really say it like that? It's always been "start it up" or "start it," in my vocabulary. The push button ignitions even say start! Not turn on. It's not an electric car. Before that video I honestly don't think I've ever heard ANYBODY refer to starting a gas vehicle as turning it on. I've heard turning it over... Is this just me? Or is this some hipster car guy movement in vocabulary I need brushed up on?!?

One thing I want to know is why is the front track width so wide on that red 510?

Because he bought wheels that are the wrong offset for the car.  :rofl:

Kind of a "fad" now to buy front wheels that are too wide or too deep, then run a shitload of negative camber to get the tire inside the fender lip, then the bottom of the tire sticks way out causing it to look like that. 

Sighting: At Bank of America, an early 70's Datsun 1200? Fastback, it looked like? Spoke to the owner if he'd sell and said, No. Lol

And, today. Sad: Another early 70's Datsun coupe on freeway shoulder, had broken down, I believe, but had help, it seemed- off the 210 Foothill freeway in Pasadena, Ca., around 2:30pm, I believe.

Passed by that same site again about a half hour later and they were all gone! :thumbup:

• Like 2

today. Sad: Another early 70's Datsun coupe on freeway shoulder, had broken down, I believe, but had help, it seemed- off the 210 Foothill freeway in Pasadena, Ca., around 2:30pm, I believe.

Reminds me of this

pulled over at Pasadena rose bowl offramp, boiled over waiting for it to.cool down

three datsun pickups have stopped here.at the light

20120914%20143744.jpg

20120914%20160708%20DSC03605.JPG

A 521 and two 620s .... besides my Datsun 1200 pickup
  • Like 2

Sighting: Saw a damn clean pagoda red Datsun 510 2dr just driving on by in Pleasant Hill, CA, right next to the In-N-Out.  I would have chased him down in my dads Prius but i was blocked by a damn truck. Oh and i own a 510 and hate to drive that damn pos prius.

• Like 1