Sightings

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is a beautiful car. You all should probably remember that he gave her a ratsun card and she may be watching the forums... what quicker way to run a lady off... then again, it could also get her more interested in this forum... as you were.

got word yesterday that the owner of the Toyota will be making a drift car out of it. :( been sitting for 20 plus years, time will tell. :lol:

IMG_6338.jpg

and the owner of the Renault is wanting 7 or $800 and the other side has some damage plus is a tweeker. :wacko:

IMG_6339.jpg

The Renault would be a one of a kind score. I'm wondering where it was imported from. I think the Hino-Renault were RHD and in Japan and Australia while the standard Renault 4CV were mainly in Europe and LHD. I still can't find US numbers. At the bottom of Wikipedia page it does mention that there are 750 in Australia with only 202 restored. It's your call with that Renault though. Body work, paint and re-chrome and maybe an engine swap if necessary. If you still have all the chrome and windows in tact then I would say that there is hope.

That's too bad to hear that classic Corolla will be made into a drift car. Another one bites the dust. IMO :(

The Renault would be a one of a kind score. I'm wondering where it was imported from. I think the Hino-Renault were RHD and in Japan and Australia while the standard Renault 4CV were mainly in Europe and LHD. I still can't find US numbers. At the bottom of Wikipedia page it does mention that there are 750 in Australia with only 202 restored. It's your call with that Renault though. Body work, paint and re-chrome and maybe an engine swap if necessary. If you still have all the chrome and windows in tact then I would say that there is hope.

That's too bad to hear that classic Corolla will be made into a drift car. Another one bites the dust. IMO :(

IMHO a car is fully alive when you both build it to do more than a car should and live longer than it's anticipated life span. can you imagine the shock and appreciation when a car that looks like it's outdated and just has fatty tires, smokes up the place with the latest and greatest? I'm all about state of the art tech and an old body. Shock all that see it. if I had bottomless pockets, i'd drop my 510 body on a fully (smartly) modded 370z and muffle the fuck out of it without restricting air flow. Biggest, best and like no other. That's a car to me. I do love to see the ones that look like they drove straight out of 1971 into the present, but they can't go, stop, corner or get the mileage of comparable cars of today, so it's just cruising. fun and very cool, but what if you're in a hurry?

IMG00057-20110119-1658.jpg

spotted again on my way to school....I know he saw me this time! i didn't have my camera but it was Figbuck for sure :D

Yes, spotted again... but I didn't see you.

I grew up playing music and even played professionally for many years. I quit playing for about fifteen years, but then about 1995, I started to play tenor saxophone again. I had to teach myself how to play all over again. At first I could only play a few minutes a day. After the first year, I could play about an hour a day. After the second year about two hours and after the third years three and more hours a day.

About the beginning of the year, I couldn't make noise at the place where I live. Neighbors were freaking out listening to me shedd patterns and sequences hours on end. I started to play on the streets, just to see what would happen. It's been a very strange experience. I go to different places on different days and hours. People began giving me money and I get lots of good comments.

So long story short, I got turned on to this spot by some homeless street people I met. A few of them have fifty or a hundred buck a day drug habits and fly signs. If you drive around Portland you probably know where they are. I have had days where people gave me $75 in two hours and then two days ago I got a buck and a gift certificate for a free Egg McMuffin. Usually I get $20 an hour... sometimes a lot more... sometimes I play for three hours and only make two or three bucks, but that is rare.

I would be playing my horn every day no matter what. What an interesting concept... go play Blues, Be-Bop, Jazz standards... and have people give me cash money! A guy came up an talked to me one day. He ask me if he could take my photo for a class. I ask him if he would send me a pic.

ClaryTrollin.jpg

A couple days ago somebody left a Ratsun card on my truck. Sometimes people driving west off the bridge and into the tunnel toward Barbur Blvd. will honk or yell something to me. I have my back to them and it scares the SHIT outta me. I heard a honk and looked to see a white or cream colored 720 with the Datsun painted on the tailgate going into the tunnel. Who was that? Did you leave the card?

A few weeks ago I saw this car in the Fred Meyer parking lot between Scholl's Ferry and Beaverton Hillsdale Highway.

P1010065.jpg

Same day I saw this pretty clean truck on SE Main and SE Water Street.

P1010100.jpg

P1010101.jpg

Parked next to this while buying some weed the other day.

2011-06-03151824.jpg

This is me with my coworkers 69 510

2011-06-02164755_Silverdale_Washington_US.jpg

And this is for those who are trying to figure out what the fuck is going on with my front end. Just finished installing the turn signals and covering up the front. I haven't sanded the primer at all yet, and it's still under work.

2011-06-021027091.jpg

• Like 1

So, again I walk out the door of the shop and well you just never know whats gonna show up. And again I know it aint a Datsun, but still worth sharing. See the second oic for Datsun.

BTW this ones a '32

dime012.jpg

dime010.jpg

Been trying to get a pic and or catch this guy for about a year now. Maybe he wont stop because he's on "some other site" :P

ClaryTrollin.jpg

Jessi said she thinks she saw you by the Ross Island bridge the other day...saw your truck too just didn't realize that was you.

A few weeks ago I saw this car in the Fred Meyer parking lot between Scholl's Ferry and Beaverton Hillsdale Highway.

P1010065.jpg

Thats me!

Saw this 620 about a week or so ago, down in SoDo area on Marginal Way

IMG00180-20110525-1746.jpg

Saw this 521 at the Tacoma Pick n Pull on Sunday

IMG00195-20110605-1215.jpg

And see this Toyota Cressida pretty much daily around the block from where I work near Alki (and right down the block at Alki is a super clean 510 goon, but never seem to get a photo of it when it's parked there).

IMG00196-20110606-1429.jpg