Farmer Joe

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i like it...

i had it the opposite way when i first put it in, so i didnt have to cut the console. when i got the new bushings, i cut the console and flipped it round.

it takes a little more effort this way since i dont have the leverage i used to on it.

the trans is mostly to blame on it tho... ive trashed the syncros it it..

i got a z24i exhaust manifold today. this one only had one EGR port that hadnt been blocked.

got a few feet of the head pipe too.

this swap will solve the exhaust leak ive had forever...

the house is to be done in 10 days, so ive gotta start packin..

im just saying good enough is pictured above... im not a good enough kinda guy....i looked it up to see if there was some hard core fab going on....i think your truck looks good ... like the stance like the wheels like the overall look of it .. i was just saying ......more is better....and to answer your question yes i would do that differently...not in the concpet just the fish plates...thats it......thats the prolem withthe internet and forums ... everyone is quick to get but hurt and upset....i was never bashing trailermades concpet idea or process.. just simply suggesting a otential failure point that i saw... i done plenty of things to have seen it all...

ps im not a 620 guy..never really liked them... but there are three that i would drive...tand extra cab frm up north on 17 denalis... red eyes... pre turbs and rocking titans and your s after a torough saftey inspection.... (IT'S a joke...) i ouwl drive your truck .... or at least ride in it beings its not mine....

im less skeezy and more sad panda... thanks

ps i would three link it.....wish bone will allow u to keep your tank in factory location and a open bed.....im getting ready to redo my mazda from a four link to a three link wish bone.......finsihing the body dropped bed so no mo hole in the floor....did the mazda 15 years ago... tired of heims and there need to be replaced and noise they make....i cant say this enough...bushing bushinggs bushings ... so quiet so smooth...my full sizes ride nicer and quieter with busings then they did when they were leaf sprung

i editted my comment cause your right it was rude and unnecessary...i apologize...

went for a drive today from the water tower to my house...

overheated my phone.. at least thats what it said??

high def datsun action.

its tired.. had to get into the secondary to get ahead of the old ford at the one light...

cant wait to get the Z motor goin..

the Z24 is done.

got the new rod bearings installed, and we still have no bind.. turns over like a dream.

the bearing on #3 was pretty bad. im sure thats where the knock was coming from if it was even a rod knock.

from here, it just fin find the time to get it in the truck.

looks like im taking a 3 day weekend next week.

heres a pic of the same engine... lol

IMG_20121016_150433.jpg

IMG_20121016_150516.jpg

who wants to help next tuesday wednesday and thursday? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

alrighty!

got a 4 day weekend..

got jason over to help with things.

started today procrastinating till it warmed up a bit.

got the front end apart..

IMG_20121106_113848.jpg

heres a pic of behind the grill. dad had fixed the front end before i bought it.

IMG_20121106_113902.jpg

the 'new' engine. i was testing how the carb fit with the fuel inlet on the driver side.

IMG_20121106_125906.jpg

IMG_20121106_125920.jpg

getting the l20 out.

IMG_20121106_144113.jpg

jasons making sure the negative cable doesnt short?

IMG_20121106_144126.jpg

IMG_20121106_144218.jpg

i was thinking of making it run on propane, and hook it up to a generator. ha!

IMG_20121106_164651.jpg

the Z24 ready to toss in.

IMG_20121106_164700.jpg

mounted.. again with the cables...

IMG_20121106_185907.jpg

IMG_20121106_185932.jpg

thats what came out of todays work...

gonna get down on it tomorrow. got alot of small shit that needs to be done now. the main thing is getting an extension cable for the welder, and ill be set.

more to come...

• Like 3

mkay, were back..

didnt get a whole lot done.

got the extension cord, and got the welder working. have to unplug the dryer when i need to use it, but thats a fair price to pay. :lol:

as of now, im trying to get the exhaust put together. the head pipe has turned out pretty damn well, for just scrap..

IMG_20121107_183648.jpg

current status...

IMG_20121107_183700.jpg

ill get some more pics up tonight if we get anymore done..

gonna have it running and driving tomorrow..

• Like 1

yup.. :lol:

the old one wasnt bad, it was the stupid flex pipe..

had a head start with this one using the stock headpipe. i ran out of welding wire just after the last post.

i got the majority of the current new headpipe welded up. theres only going to be like 8in of flex pipe, so the rear section and the front section are separate.

i got the shifter done. we also got the engine squared up in the frame. nano got the starter bolted on and hooked up.

well get more done tomorrow. gonna call it a night.