My 77 KC 620

Farmer Joe

Damm that GMC is low :lol: Are you running the stock lugs ? If so it'll be ok for awhile but youll have more piece of mind with conical seat seat lugs.

mark you got a picture of what those look like? ive had the back ones on for a week now and the lugs are still tight as i made em.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh, i see..

i think theres a place by my work that sells hardware by the pound. gonna see what i can do...

but in the mean time,

i cannot remember if there was a time that the truck has ever driven sooooooo smooth...

i dont think ive ever had a good set set of balanced wheels on this truck.. lol

anyways, all is freakin good with the old piecer.. gotta put some oil in it. i gotta get the front shock mounts raised up so i can let the front back down... it sits too high now lol

• 2 weeks later...

Niel if you raise the towers 2 inches & re key the torsions youll be able to lay the tow hooks on the ground :cool:

i dont think i can go that low... lol

yeah i did reindex the torsions earlier this year. i just gotta raise the upper shock mount and ill be golden.

bought an offy intake for it today. its in really good shape. got it from sick620.

IMG_20101221_105913.jpg

unfortunatly i cant get it on the truck right now tho. with the way this intake is setup it requires the carb have the primary barrel closer to the engine.

so this motorcraft is backward and id have run it with the carb turned around.

so im lookin for that weber model that will work with this intake.

so if anyone here local has an extra weber layin around hit me up.

anyways, thats pretty much it for now...

I can sand blast it if you need but it looks kinda clean. I wouldn't waste time polishing it :) too many little crevises to get into. At most I would paint it to look sort of polished.

Dumb question. Are you using your phone camera for all these pictures? They are always blue. I'm wondering if you have one of the picture effects on like sepia tone or blue in this case?

yeah im using my cellphone camera...

it used to take alot better pictures, but now it does that blue thing for some reason..

anyways, hey i might hit you up on that sandblasting. i gotta soak the gasket surfaces to get the old gasket off. but when i get that done ill see if we can setup a time where i could do that. ill even buy a bag of sand or media or whatever.

i keep forgetting about something we talked about a while back...

I think what we were talking about was that bag of jets you had lying around that I could sift through to get my weber jetted correctly I think.

Either that or we were talking about me getting a new weber and you buying mine...but that is not gonna happen right now or ever really :) I do have the stock however.