My 77 KC 620

Farmer Joe

Messed around a little more.

Got the lower alt mount bolted to the block.

With the current oil filter, the positive stud on the alt hits it. Im sure i can find a short filter to fix that.

Now the upper alt bracket is kinda funny. I need to look at jasons to see what we did there.. my bracket wont work. Its hittin the thermostat housing.

Heres the pics from today..

CAM00062_zps700a773b.jpg

CAM00063_zps8624674f.jpg

CAM00064_zps651cee08.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so im having some troubles with getting the alternator mounted. 

the bottom mount is from my l20. i used this same mount on the Z24 while it was in, but on the KA it seems to be holding the alt higher than it needs. 

does anyone have pics of the various mounts from the L, Z and KA?

ive tested upper adjusting bracket from an L, and the single and dual cam KAs. they all interfere with the thermostat housing when the alt swings to where it should...

i really just need to look at jasons again.. lol

the fan is in SL,UT...

next paycheck i can start getting the exhaust built. im gonna order a nice 2 1/8in J bend from amazon so its not just cobbled mess...

next weekend, im going to dads to get the carb plate made. going with the 32/36 holley i have for now. might be getting my hands on a 38sync weber. well see at the end of the month. 

until next time... 

ive started using firefox again, and i really like it..

anyways, got the fan in today!

super nice pece with all the extras for $21... i love amazon.

CAM00069_zps4d4f9200.jpg

so with that, it comes down to making a new revised list of parts for the current situtation.

this was the first list... lol as you see most of the big things have been aquired...

CAM00070_zps9961cdd5.jpg

heres the idea for the rear suspensions...

CAM00072_zps511f84a0.jpg

im still not sure what kind angle the coils need to be at, where to mount the panhard so it does corner funny. thats another story for now.. 

more to come..

build that 3 link wrong it will corner funny. but your still running king pins etc so its kinda a wash.

poop... see, thats why i need a set of those uppers you made :lol:

with the way ive layed it out, is it at least a feasible way to do it? i dont wanna do a 4 link, but just looking at other 3 links doesnt make mine work.. yanno.

im honestly just trying to get rid of the leaf springs. to keep it this low on leafs is stupid anymore.

theres a few things that drawing will have changed. mainly the upper needs to be like 20-25%shorter than the lowers.

well see how it goes when i can get the bed off.

thanks man!

i ordered a 2 1/8in  J bend from amazon just now.. gonna be here on tuesday, so i can start fabbing up the headpipe..

gonna try and get the carb plate done at dads on tuesday or wednesday.. he has the panhard bar parts too. i gotta pick those up so i can start building..

• Like 1

poop... see, thats why i need a set of those uppers you made :lol:

with the way ive layed it out, is it at least a feasible way to do it? i dont wanna do a 4 link, but just looking at other 3 links doesnt make mine work.. yanno.

im honestly just trying to get rid of the leaf springs. to keep it this low on leafs is stupid anymore.

theres a few things that drawing will have changed. mainly the upper needs to be like 20-25%shorter than the lowers.

well see how it goes when i can get the bed off.

I'm not a huge fan of 3 link stuff on a rear axle. Its hard to get em setup good, and they always tend to axle steer no matter what. l like parallel 4 links with a panhard, or some call them 5 links their easy and work. triangulated 4 links will axle steer also, One reason we ditched that idea on the 521. With a tubular back half, It could be done, cause you have your choice of where to build your link pickup points etc, but on a stock framed truck we just couldnt make the numbers work for what we want that truck to do.

i gotcha...

well im gonna have to see what i can pull off with the parts i have.

i found a 3 link calculator thats pretty handy.. i dont know how to use the most of it, but its neat to see it all on screen.

i did like how you did the panhard on the 521 tho. im getting some ford parts tomorrow to make one like you did sort of.

more work done!

the intake is almost done. really just have some small bits of grinding and smoothing in the 4 hole area. lol

heres pics of the days events.

this pretty much deatils how to convert a dry KA intake to a wet intake.

plugged the injector holes. theyre convieniently about the same size a .40 cal casing.

CAM00094_zpsdb929a31.jpg

we cut the casings in about half, and flared the open end with a brakeline tool. with the gnarly flare on the case, we tapped em in from inside the port.

CAM00092_zps320bf069.jpg

this is befor the CA epoxy.

CAM00090_zps30835d83.jpg

...and after the epoxy

CAM00096_zps662cc6ae.jpg

we got the holes done, and started on the adapter plate.

this is the scribing we did.

CAM00098_zps4f2377ef.jpg

drilled, cut, and made pretty...

CAM00101_zps250690ed.jpg

and this is how it works all together.

CAM00103_zps53ebf4e6.jpg

top view. now mind the plate with the cross in it is awaiting work from the dremel. also, im getting a different one with a vacuum port on it.

CAM00105_zps491c067e.jpg

and then, i got this killer set of brushes and paint. gonna get back into some small striping when i have time to..

CAM00106_zps4592f178.jpg

that was pretty much all from today. i did make a little plate with a nipple that connects to the EGR port on the intake. im gonna be using that for the brake booster hose. the port on the plate will be for the PVC and the airvalve that goes with my carb.

more to come..

helped out jason last night with his weber, and got the plate with the air nipple i need.

borrowed the dremel tool also.. tonight, im gonna finish the intake.

i wanna start this thing on tuesday... i could even take it for a spin if everything goes right...

more to come.

got the intake carved out like i wanted, and i bolted it all up to see how its gonna work.

CAM00111_zps84e3b117.jpg

CAM00113_zps63c798b9.jpg

CAM00116_zpsa360a7cd.jpg

this is the only issue...

with this goofy carb, and the bullshit i put together to mount the bellcrank, it wont clear.

this is idle...
CAM00120_zpsf9fe2e02.jpg

you see here this is only like 1/3 throttle maybe.. the secondary is far from being activated, like you see.
CAM00121_zpsc4f55032.jpg

so now what it comes down to is getting the 38 weber. theres no interference with a real weber, as i just found out with jasons truck.

i can still start it with this tho! :lol:

its a work in progress still, but at least the intake is done. ready to take it to the carwash now.

more to come tomorrow. im off, and i just got paid today. im prolly gonna finish the exhaust if i have a bit.

so i cleaned the intake in the tub with some 409 just now... :lol:

worked really well.. not too worried about the shit in the tight spots..

drying out the runners on the vent... ollz

CAM00122_zps7a04d47c.jpg

equal runners... pretty much a single plane intake now..

CAM00124_zpsdacba733.jpg

gonna go get it bolted on..