Farmer Joe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2eDeYe' date='06 April 2011 - 08:15 AM' timestamp='1302099328' post='455500']

Bags??? No more static?!!

At least you won't have to worry about a leaf coming apart again. :)

funny you should mention that... was looking at the leafs again yesterday when i was working on it... the driver side is almost done..

like i said, its time for a break.. ollz

but yeah, pretty much the whole goal since ive had the truck was to get it on air... hell ive had the bag for like a year and half now. ive had everything else for prolly longer than that.

it my time now..

i dont think ill miss being static either... i prolly ruined my back and kidneys without even knowin it.. nowadays when i ride in it, it kind gives me that feeling you have like 20 min after getting kicked in the nards..

ahaaa!!

finally one small moment of success! the truck is in the garage... with big help from Free Dan lol..

i have proof...

IMG_20110406_194725.jpg

great success..

and i kinda put my couple tools i have away...

IMG_20110406_194752.jpg

yay for crappy shelving... ollz

now from here.. get the bed off and start mocking up the links...

more to come...

Nice... Start..but dont let her sit to long cuz it sucks when u take it apart then life happens..lol just keep workin on it. Did u get my pic of my motor? If so...what u think

lol it aint gonna sit... im gonna try and get the bed off tomorrow after work.

yeah i got your pics. my phones dumb and fucks up everything i try to send back. what were your plans for exhaust on it?

well on an update side, i got the bed off the truck the other day...

sick620 helped out and took some pics, but hes being a wiener and not posting them...

anyways, beds off..

im in the beginning stages of dismantling the AC system to put away for safe keeping... lol

i took the grill off to get a broken headlight i had.. the light was completely shattered and being held together by the ring that holds the light in.

i found a couple cracks in the frame around some of the welds on the notch.. gotta get those gouged out and welded back up.. time to finish fish plating so it wont do it again...

thats all for now..

hopefully i get some pics posted here soon... GAGE...

well i guess gage isnt gonna post up the pics...

anyways, guess ill get a couple of whats goin on here the next time i get it out...

i need to go get a wire brush for my angle grinder so i can start getting the frame cleaned up..

i miss driving it alot... ollz

more to come...

mkay children...

bought some tools and was able to do some tinkering tonight..

got the AC pump unbolted from the bracket. dad said to put the bolts back in the holes they came from, so they all got labeled..

i test fitted the big york air pump im gonna use... only 1 bolt hole matched up.. soooo ive got a way that i should be able to no fuck up the stock AC bracket and to get this workin...

and then i did finally get a wire cup for the grnder.. works amazing..

heres a couple pics from tonight.. i gotta buy better garage lighting...

pump off, bare bracket..

IMG_20110422_205358.jpg

york air pump on the left and the datsun york ac pump on the right.. the airpump is huge lol

IMG_20110422_205326.jpg

IMG_20110422_205121.jpg

IMG_20110422_205235.jpg

IMG_20110422_205216.jpg

thats all for now... im gonna get some work done this weekend.. prolly gonna clean up the backhalf and get the crossmembers figured out..

more to come..

got off work early and had some time to fiddle with a wishbone idea..

the blue tape line on the bed mounts is where i plan on puttin the upper crossmember.. figured out where center was, but thought about it and it doenst really matter where i make center at really...

anyways, heres some pics of what i came up with...

bear with me on the jack handles and tape holding shit togetther... i gotta visualize shit for it to work right..

the horizontal section of the wishbone at the bottom of the pic is going to be cut at the line of tape on it. so past that line, imagine its not there. then the tube thats connecting the 2 horizontal bars is going to have a double next to it. same on both sides. and thats the basic idear...

DSCF0060.jpg

DSCF0061.jpg

DSCF0065.jpg

thing is tho, im not sure still where the driveline and axle will end up when its layed out.. this idea might end up totaly scrapped when im able to get it the leafs undone and "simulate a layed out situation"... ollz

now its time to start getting a welder and making a frame jig with some woodblocks..

also got some higher res pics of the dealer AC bracket..

DSCF0063.jpg

DSCF0064.jpg

more to come...

Niel, if you put the crossmember on the front bed mounts you can make a longer wishbone & get more travel.

And take my advice & weld the axle to the frame before removing the leafs to keep it centered L to R & F to B

I did weld mine but one of the welds failed & wow, what a pain re-lining it back up :rolleyes:

yeah thats what i plan on doing...

i think the truck is gonna end up at a buddys house here soon. i dont have a 220 outlet in my garage so im kinda boned on doing any real work...

i wish i could make the upper longer, but id have to make the lowers longer too.. im gonna try it with this setup. the bags are gonna go behind the axle. im not lookin for anymore than like 6in of lift.. these bags extend to 11.5in.

im thinking it should be good..?? ollz

gonna take some more time...

"thing is tho, im not sure still where the driveline and axle will end up when its layed out.. this idea might end up totaly scrapped when im able to get it the leafs undone and "simulate a layed out situation".

Niel i took a pic of mine laid out. It has 16 inch rims now but i usually run the 17's & the axle is still 4 inches or so away from the bottom of the notch.

You can also see that theres a 2 inch or so gap between the top of the 3rd member & the wishbone.

I could probably run 20's & still not have to worry about them touching.

Hope the pic helps...

2cwlvz9.jpg

• 2 months later...

been some time since i posted up on this thread..

hasnt been a while lot thats happend since i got it back on the road...

wide14u got me the only orange ratsun shifter knob at canby this year. ive been rockin it on the new Z car shifter i put in the truck too. its nice to have perfect shifter bushings...

ive still been dealing with vapor locking issue here recently since its been in the high 90s. i wrapped the most of the fuel lines in heavy duty aluminum foil to see if that helps with the heat...

other than that, its been just regular shit... plugs, wires, points... cap from sickboy1031's 710...

took a picture of it the other day at work...

IMG_20110721_094904.jpg

and the ratsun knob!!

IMG_20110615_120246.jpg

more later on maybe...

picked up a low miles 80 720 5 speed..

same as what i have but, im not complainin..

the bearings were shot in the current 5 speed when i first put it in.. 4th gear makes a horrible cruddy noise, and 5th hisses if that makes any sense.. and then 3rd's syncro is non existent...

in any case, im prolly gonna just toss the fucker in there...

i also cleaned up my wheels a bit... they look real good

IMG_20110729_194933.jpg

yay!

got some more parts yesterday...

found an l16 waterpump pulley and 4 blade fan at the pick a part.. ive got a standard waterpump for a core, so i need a new pump, and a gasket..

its well due for a coolant flush when i get around to it...

and still havent put the new 5 speed in...

picked up a low miles 80 720 5 speed..

same as what i have but, im not complainin..

the bearings were shot in the current 5 speed when i first put it in.. 4th gear makes a horrible cruddy noise, and 5th hisses if that makes any sense.. and then 3rd's syncro is non existent...

in any case, im prolly gonna just toss the fucker in there...

i also cleaned up my wheels a bit... they look real good

IMG_20110729_194933.jpg

yay!

Who you get that tranny from?? :huh:

HA! got that sexy piece from jayden...

speaking of so, its also in the truck currently...

wide14u came over at 645am and we got started.. got it pretty much done and around the block by 1pm.. meh... we took our time lol

oics...

plug from the bad trans..

IMG_20110807_074123.jpg

IMG_20110807_074052.jpg

starter out?

IMG_20110807_083008.jpg

bad one out..

IMG_20110807_090115.jpg

IMG_20110807_090134.jpg

oics of new one back in... kinda lame..

IMG_20110807_082955.jpg

IMG_20110807_083049.jpg

and thats all of that...

jayden let me know when your gonna be in town... i got a benjamin waitin for ya... lol

trans works great.. i backed up into my driveway for the first time...

not sure if the gearing if different.. 5th seems steeper..

and it shifts so smoothly..

i also fixed my exhaust leaks while i had it up and the tranny out.. it nice and quiet again..

and the front tire rubbed through some of the alternator wiring, and it had a little short out..

got that all sorted out and wrapped up the harness. tied it out of the way..

it has a little miss now an then that i cant track down... i hate ignition problems. i think it my ignition switch going bad... i gotta pick up another one..

anyways.. thats all for now i think..