My 77 KC 620

Farmer Joe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you know man, i think im gonna be doing the same thing...

do you still have the pics of how you got the erake stuff mounted?

Ill have to snap one, dont think i got one once i was done welding the X member in.

Pretty basic, i just mounted it close to where it was before.

The hard part was straightening the bracket... :unsure:

hey do u notice when the york compressor kicks on alot like do u loose all power

i dont have a york...

i have the next best thing tho! check out this sweet compressor... lol

IMG_20100812_191430.jpg

and the shocks proved themselves today too! passed the fuzz and they didnt even look at me! woot... lol

well, toss the airshock idea in the trash... fuck me im tired of fixin shit on this thing..

how the fuck does this happen?

IMG_20100813_182943.jpg

how?

fuck meeeee.. so now the whole fuckin thing is toast. i dont have the cheese to buy another set, let alone do i even want to buy another set. im getting towards the burnt out phase... i cant fucking afford to keep this thing on the road anymore.

arrgg... matey

anyways, just thought id share my wonderful day

• Like 1
2eDeYe' date='13 August 2010 - 07:35 PM' timestamp='1281749755' post='339134']

Wow, nice carage! Maybe to much air pressure turned it into a solid link? Anyway to get a pic from the other side?

like from the left or somtin?

aw, the hell, lets go get pic happy. brb

:gypsy edit:

got some wonderfully shitty pics... what? lol.. its getting dark and my cellephono doesnt have a damn flash (grr)..

anyways, poopy pics...

FxCam_1281754642418.jpg

FxCam_1281754694981.jpg

yay

Wow thats intense! never seen a shock buckle like that before. Did you hit a bump to cause that or was it random ?

the only thing i can think of is it happend when i backed out of my steep driveway. i have to pull a crazy angle and i think the rear right goes to full droop, or prolly pulled the sock all the way out and prolly got stuck and bent.

im kinda bummed... i liked havin that adjustability... lol i was bale to go a a friends house in an apt complex and i didnt get stuck on the gnarly speedbumps.

anyways, im gonna have to get some sort of bag setup goin with the back now. i cant waste anymore money on shocks and bullshit...

I have some manual valves, a couple old 1000lb firestone bags and some airline left over from updating a guys airride on his fs chevy truck...........if my partner wants to part with them prolly get one helluva cheap/almost free redneck airride setup.

let me know

Bill

hey man thanks for the offer! i do already have a brand new set of bags that i aint done anything with yet.

those manual valves tho... what kind are they? are they just ball valves or a non electric valve? if theyre some oldskool manual valves id be interested fo sho...

well fuck... more shit goin wrong.

so first off, the new NAPA alternator i bought on sunday has shit out already... i dont think there is one store in this valley that sells a good quality alternator for a datsun..

im so tired of screwin with the charging system on this truck... i dont get what the deal is.

and also in todays newscast...

c6225197.jpg

um, yeeeeaaah...

its fixed already though..

oh yeah, i pulled that busted ass shock off and the fucker fell apart lol. so i figured out why it failed to. ill post some pictures up later of it later that show it better.

anyways...... more to come..

Don't get discouraged Joe. I'll say one thing, considering all the recent problems you've had with electrical and weird mechanical issues, you've carried on like a trooper.

Eventually all the bugs will get worked out and you can stroll problem free. Hang in there. I for one, and I'm sure more than just a few other people on here think you are one hardcore mini-trucker! E

best thing you can do for the charging system is upgrade to the saturn alt or something comparable, having the extra amperage rules!!!! and no more voltage reg bro!! it takes about 2 hours to fab up the brackets and do the wiring, hell the longest part for me was trying to find the right belt!! as far as your suspension man dont get discouraged, shit happens just make it better next time and youll be good!! lookin nice man keep it up!

thanks for the support guys.

i was able to get the leaf replaced yesterday when i got home from work. took like 2 hours.

i dont have a shock on the back passenger side tho. the one was toast and then the other old one i had, has a bent stud at the bottom and i cant get the nuts off it. so ill just buy a set of stockers next paycheck and well see how that works.

as for the alternator, when i rev the truck up the dummy light goes really dim, so i dont know what the hell is going on with the POS...

i finally finished the exhaust on the truck...

its super quiet now.. like old grandpa truck quiet. it soooo nice lol

heres a pic of the final product out off the truck.. lol cherry bomb red

0e541b1f.jpg

aa833530.jpg

haha lol.. recycled muffler :lol:

47295e89.jpg

it looks good on the truck. ill get some new pictures here tomorrow..

• 1 month later...