My 77 KC 620

Farmer Joe

so i had a string of issues here the last couple days..

started out with some really cold weather that ended up with the truck flooding or somethin... i would turn it over to try and start it and it would only hit on 1 hole.

so it would turn over, hit once, and then kick the starter off. and this doesnt help the already present starter/flywheel issue i have.

well after about 5 minutes of turning it over and pumpin it and shit it flooded and took some more time to clear out. finally starter after that tho.. dont get it.

it did this two mornings in a row... pissed me off. almost made me late for work one morning.

next, i ran into a moisture issue with the distributor.

guess points dont like to get wet.. who'd a thought... dealt with a lovley trip home from work the other night when it was POURING. the distributor and wires got wet and it kept dying in intersections and shit.

oooooh it pissed me off when it died in a really big busy intersection. had to just crank it over in gear to get out of traffics way.

and then it fires right up two seconds later and takes me the 25 miles home no prob...

so, its been eventful here. im gonna grease the frontend on saturday before i go to gage's. see if that helps.

more to come...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i got popped on the freeway again by 2 of idahos finest...

they had a little photoshoot of my truck for evidence... guess my trucks so low they had to hold their digital camera down at the ground with the veiwfinder pointed up to see under the truck...

got a ticket... so now i need to get a new set of airshocks...

but im on there bad list now... cant take the freeway to work till i get something working to get the back up a bit... lol

anyways, more to come... got work to do here on my weekend...

well i got popped on the freeway again by 2 of idahos finest...

they had a little photoshoot of my truck for evidence... guess my trucks so low they had to hold their digital camera down at the ground with the veiwfinder pointed up to see under the truck...

got a ticket... so now i need to get a new set of airshocks...

but im on there bad list now... cant take the freeway to work till i get something working to get the back up a bit... lol

anyways, more to come... got work to do here on my weekend...

did you ask for a set of prints for yourself lol sorry you got a tecket

I hesitated a bit when I put in the limo tint for the back window. I have left the side ones alone though so I don't tempt fate. I've only had two issues with the coppers, one was my tail lights were out, 2 is when I got a push when the fuel pump seized up.

I'm not scraping on the ground though like you :)

ordered some new airshocks today... theyll be here tomorrow...

lol ive got a date with my truck tomorrow.. it needs alot of work..

plan on getting the shocks in, getting the frontend greased, redo my battery terminals.. and maybe taking the carb apart to clean it..

might have to change the oil on my wifes german POS... damn vw.. <_<

new software on my phone makes the pictures not blue anymore... lol

IMG_20110208_134420.jpg

IMG_20110208_134321.jpg

hammed sammich... needs moar low tho.. ollz

got a much of work done today...

adjusted all the brake drums again... now i can stop..

replaced my haggard battery connections..

re-tuned the idle mixture.. it getting warmer again, and it dont need it suckin so much fuel when it warms up..

still need to get some grease for the frontend, but its fine till next weekend..

IMG_20110215_170407.jpg

IMG_20110215_170502.jpg

Very nice... U can now drive over a speed bump...lol

yeah your right... i can pull into my work parking lot without people shitting there pants from the dragging noises..

so i need to get some new plug wires.. i had that same issue from the top of this page happen again..

i found that the plug wires at the cap are shorting out to one another when its cold.. im gonna be getting a new set wires ordered and and new cap and rotor..

im getting tired of these ignition problems... it pisses me off so fast trying to troubleshoot this shit..

• 1 month later...

okay, so after some more lookin at the exhaust, i took a grab on it... and it broke right off..

i shit you not i pulled the slightest bit and it busted off just what it looks like...

ollz

guess that flex pipe dont last as long as i thought lol

IMG_20110323_162809.jpg

IMG_20110323_162830.jpg

guess this is just another sign telling me to tear this thing down..

more to come.....

ohhh yeah...

thats how this whole thing has gotten to...

i cant fix the frontend without converting it to disks first..

i gotta build new crossmembers before itll lay out...

tons of that shit... lol

i just gotta start takin it apart..

• 2 weeks later...

well for sure tomorrow the garage is getting cleaned out...

i tried to fix the exhaust temporarily so that maybe i could drive it one more week before i i put it away for a couple months...

didnt work out like that.. pretty much almost had it working and the part of the shitty pipe i was sill using cracked and busted... so i said fuck it and took the head pipe off.. but once again said fuck it cuz i aint gonna waste my time when im going to be doing a swap here soon..

so thats where im at right now... got the truck off the street and in the drive way though. now i just need to get all the shit out of the garage..

im gonna get the bed off and start getting the back done. ive got all i need to get he triangulated 3 link working.. im gonna have a wishbone on the top and 2 links on the bottom. i still havnt decided if i want to put the bags over the axle or behind the axle. im pretty sure im gonna put them behind the axle to keep the bags under the bedfloor.

ive also got a nice fuel cell now that im gonna mount between the bags in back behind the axle. its got a giant filler on the top that ill have to have a hole in the bed for.. all in all itll be cool

im shootin to maybe have it bagged at least by my birthday in july... hopefully i can have it just driving by then.. i do have some bigger plans after that if things work out okay in the next couple months.. gonna keep the kingpins and do the slide on rotor disk swap eventually. all a question of money at this point. ive got a different daily now so i can finally start playin with it...

more to come..

"im gonna get the bed off and start getting the back done. ive got all i need to get he triangulated 3 link working.. im gonna have a wishbone on the top and 2 links on the bottom. i still havnt decided if i want to put the bags over the axle or behind the axle. im pretty sure im gonna put them behind the axle to keep the bags under the bedfloor.

ive also got a nice fuel cell now that im gonna mount between the bags in back behind the axle. its got a giant filler on the top that ill have to have a hole in the bed for.. all in all itll be cool"

Niel, you have my permission to totally copy the setup on my 620 ;) My bags are over the axle & i get about 6 inches of lift. I had them behind the axle before & the amount of lift sucked.

You also can raise the gas tank 2 inches if you cut the braces that are under the bed & above the tank. I made new braces/brakets for the tank & now it's 1 inch above the bottom of the frame. IMO thats less work then using a fuel cell but then again if you have an electric fuel pump it may not be an issue.

thanks mark!

yeah i was looking at yours for ideas.. ive got some neat mounts that put the front lower bar on the inside of the frame.. ill see if i cant get a pic...

with the part i have i kinda have to use the fuelcell.. the lower link bars with be inside the frame but in a similar manner to yours that will leave no room for a stock tank.

mark, did you use 2500s on the back of the 620? ive got a set of 2600s ive been plannin for the back of it.. when i pumped one of em up off my buddies old truck, it pumped up to be about 11.5in extended with the bag.. these things are almost semi-truck big ollz.. i think if i do the behind the axle just right i sould get about the same as yours maybe a little more if im lucky...

but im exited to get the shit goin! ive been waiting to work on this thing since i notched it like 3 years ago.