620 FUNK! **NOW with Stroker!**

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

uuum i think you got a fair price

i had my drive line lengthened for my dogleg swap for 130 but i brought them the old one told them how much longer i needed it and then brought them a driveline from a ford econoline van to use as material probably cost you so much cause they had to supply the material

Bonvo, they charged me $41 per universal joint! Better last forever for that price :ninja:

Redeye, the lip is off of an '85 S10 :thumbup: I trimmed it a few inches on each side and drilled small holes in the bottom of the fenders to slide hardware through.

Been brainstorming over the last week I've been sick. I THINK when It goes in for paint I may change the color around.. it's going to be a 2 part Urethane. Saw it in the Summit Racing catalog. Acid rain gold metallic.

acid%20rain.jpg

Dunno. Too early to decide.

Anyways, random old ass picture from wayyyy months back.

8181216768_7caeaa8817_b.jpg

_DSC0143 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

Got my dirty little hands on a set of Recaro's from a Suzuki Swift GTI from a guy at work :thumbup: Gotta go look at them and get some pics, but I'll finally have some bitchin seats!

Also found a guy selling some new ZG flares locally for $50 :thumbup: May go get them the same trip and order my new, wider tires!

Got my dirty little hands on a set of Recaro's from a Suzuki Swift GTI from a guy at work :thumbup: Gotta go look at them and get some pics, but I'll finally have some bitchin seats!

Also found a guy selling some new ZG flares locally for $50 :thumbup: May go get them the same trip and order my new, wider tires!

Recaro's and ....

a very good price on ZG's ... in the same week ?

vasodilation_tumblr_jack_salute.gif

Also never really uploaded an exhaust clip vid when I got it all put together, so here you go. I have a leaky header, so it sneezes a little in the vid. Just haven't had time to fix that. Probably has a lot to do with why I'm loosing some torque and mid range power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9CPzQmYOIw

Found this browsing through an antique mall today. So I made a new shifter out of it. The base has a standard-metric thread adapter, so all I had to do to change from the M10x1.50 in the adapter to the M8x1.25 shifter is insert a heli-coil! :thumbup: I'll post pics mounted tomorrow.

292093_10151125904234266_841351389_n.jpg

if you ever want to sell that shifter i will buy it

haha i should post this in the sightings thread, but i thought here would be better. haha super random but i had a dream last night that you drove your 620 over here to oregon, and i know it was yours because you had that huge ass canopy on it haha. i remember asking if you were moving here and you said no, just setting up a shop to work on datsuns when your over here on the west coast. i also remember wanting to put your s10 from lip on my truck to see what it would look like, but thats all i remember haha. super fuckin random.

if you ever want to sell that shifter i will buy it

Been thinking about it man, I'll keep you in mind!

haha i should post this in the sightings thread, but i thought here would be better. haha super random but i had a dream last night that you drove your 620 over here to oregon, and i know it was yours because you had that huge ass canopy on it haha. i remember asking if you were moving here and you said no, just setting up a shop to work on datsuns when your over here on the west coast. i also remember wanting to put your s10 from lip on my truck to see what it would look like, but thats all i remember haha. super fuckin random.

:rofl: :rofl: Jon that's nuts haha. I wouldn't mind having a shop, but lack of money/experience would keep me out of the business. Plus, I couldn't take those east coast winters :poke:

Went with Master_o_turbonics to get some stuff for his truck, and he got me this nice little close ratio ZX 5 speed :thumbup: We cleaned it up, and stuffed it into my truck. The old 4 speed was on it's way out. Lots of input shaft play, and leaking like a sonovabitch.

I cleaned it up a bit while he pulled the 4-speed out. Flipped the transmission over, and dumped about a quart of water out followed by some purple mess. :geek: (Royal Purple gear oil I guess?) We flushed it out and it came out pretty clean. Put it back together, and voila! Monkey has overdrive :devil: Althouth, the reverse gear is making a hell of a noise, and popping out of gear, so this one will be rebuilt/replaced soon.

(watch for updates to his thread in a few minuets!)

8236953462_3474bb7d3b_b.jpg

_DSC0141 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

The NEW 5 speed, after cleaning it up :thumbup:

8235886275_17df449fc7_b.jpg

_DSC0145 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

And the old worn out, leaking 4 speed!

8235885189_cb79b8c913_b.jpg

_DSC0146 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr