620 FUNK! **NOW with Stroker!**

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the wheels. We called those 5 stars over here when they were around. Seems like they all disappeared now though. Poke isn't too bad either, I had some 14x10 turbines on one of my 620s once but took them off because they rubbed everything & it took a football field to turn around. I'm not into stretched tires but yours doesn't look bad to me. Keep it up man, this thing is looking pretty badass

Thanks guys!

Ooh whee... Those hoops are W. I. D. E. I can't wait to see what the flares look like. Any clearance issues when at full lock?

No problems at full lock, however when i steer hard at speed, my rear tires hit the fender. I need to stiffen up the rear and flare it!

I need to get my wheels and flares and get some photos together.

Lets do it man!

Looking good man now throw your welder and engine hoist in the back and come down to the ocean and help me with mine. I need someone to light a fire under my ass!!!!

:thumbup: We're gonna have to set something up very soon!!

I may be the only one, but those stretched tires look horrible. You about killed all the handling out of this thing also.

I agree about the stretch. Run wider tires, and flare it. But you just got the tires...

About the tire stretch...

When we ordered the tires at my tire guys, Rather then a 225/50/15, they shipped him a 205/50/15. (I only ordered two for the time being...)

We decided to mount the 205 and see how it looked. Decided it wasn't too bad, and that when I came back to get the front two, we'd order the 225/50's and swap around. For the time being, I took my two 205/60 Falkens off of my 15x8's and mounted them for the rear set.

Just waiting to find some extra $$$ and we're just gonna upgrade and maybe do a 225/45/15 all the way around with the Hankook Ventus.

About the tire stretch...

When we ordered the tires at my tire guys, Rather then a 225/50/15, they shipped him a 205/50/15. (I only ordered two for the time being...)

We decided to mount the 205 and see how it looked. Decided it wasn't too bad, and that when I came back to get the front two, we'd order the 225/50's and swap around. For the time being, I took my two 205/60 Falkens off of my 15x8's and mounted them for the rear set.

Just waiting to find some extra $$$ and we're just gonna upgrade and maybe do a 225/45/15 all the way around with the Hankook Ventus.

You should get a bigger sidewall because the problem you have is the gap in the fender. It needs to be filled in a little more. Since you are planning on flares, you will have the room as well to run a 225/55 or a 205/60. Not sure if you are going with a smaller side wall just to lower it a pinch, but that gap will get bigger. Filling the wells makes it look more lowered than having inches of space in there.

Only reason I want less sidewall is because I don't really like high sidewalls. My 205/60 is about as tall as I'll go. A 225/50 has about the same sidewall.

On with some random oics.

Since I washed it, it looks pretty good.

7968775820_54394a4163_b.jpg

_DSC0011 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

Alignment is terrible. Needs less toe. Camber is pretty nice though.

7968775500_bbfd87b252_b.jpg

_DSC0013 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

Test fit the camper shell... Note the rear tire sitting on the rear fender.

7968775194_bcc61020c9_b.jpg

_DSC0016 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

7968774918_5d40ef82db_b.jpg

_DSC0020 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

7968774604_109727fb35_b.jpg

_DSC0029 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

Fender mirrors <3

7968774336_1f77573361_b.jpg

_DSC0040 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

Pulled the wiper cowl, stripped it, primed it, and painted it. no more FUNK.

_DSC0044.jpg

Pulled all of the EVAP garbage lines out, replaced old random hardware with the new shiney stuff.

_DSC0045.jpg

And stripped / polished the wiper arms.

_DSC0047.jpg

• Like 3
2eDeYe' timestamp='1347373884' post='755394']

How effective are those mirrors up there? Looks good. :cool:

Meh, they aren't bad. At this point, not even worth using them Just look twice :rofl:

Nevermind I know. Right next to your house. Can u snap some pics like this of mine?

Text me when you're ready! I'm down!

:rofl: Shoulda known!

Blue is out of the question though! There's already TWO nice blue 620's over here and I don't wanna look like them.

OD green was an option, but since Chad Copelands truck is OD green that kills it for me. I want to do yellow, but part of me wants a change. Like GM Performance White maybe...

yup! Yellow may be the key, but there's just sooooo many colors...

Tractor Supply carries this Enamel tractor paint (which I think is what's on mine) for cheap!

http://www.tractorsupply.com/majic-reg-town-country-tractor-truck-implement-1-gal-new-j-d-yellow-1030928

With black accents, I think it would look great.

Plus, i'm shaving/painting the engine bay gloss black so that would be pretty cool too.

IMAG0222.jpg

Also tossed some air shocks on the back. Tucked the air lines nicely across the frame and the shrader valve is on the frame behind the tail light. Gonna use blocks 1'' lower in the back and use air shocks for added stiffness with a lower height. So far, so good! The suspension is tight and comfy.

Pinto shocks going on the front tomorrow.

IMAG0240.jpg