620 FUNK! **NOW with Stroker!**

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the yellow it looks good with the black. Or go Malibu orange with a confederate flag on the roof! Maybe not the flag but yes the orange

Actually, maybe orange with a rising sun on the roof? Jap flag maybe? :rofl: :rofl: That sounds cool as fuuuuu!!

I have the rest of my black primer now. Gonna lay it all on, and paint the truck soon. probably gonna rock it flat/primer black for a while until I get ready to paint it. May even toss a rising sun on the hood :thumbup:

Dunno, just need to finish with the body first.

Floor pans are coming up, as well as battery tray. One of my AZ commercial accounts is a resto shop. Guys cool as hell and offered to do it for me :thumbup:

In the mean time, I decided the heater core was too difficult of a task for me to solder it back together, so I took it to a local radiator shop where the soldered it for $65 even. Seamless and beautiful!

8011011973_3d167b52ab_b.jpg

_DSC0074 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

Until next time....

8011011865_231ed3c476_b.jpg

_DSC0080 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

Rootbeer brown is cool :thumbup: But it's too hot here for that.

I like the Artic Sky though! And pearl white is a love of mine. Whatever I do I'm going to have the black stripe on the bullet side again.

The truck is a mess right now. I HAVE to finish it up. I'm gonna end up pulling the fenders soon, but I need wider tires in the rear first. The stretch is really starting to bother me :geek:. The front I don't mind because they're not as tall...Plus the responsiveness is awesome. The rear is getting a 225/50/15. Less then 1/2'' of stretch.

Back onto progress... my lip is finally hard mounted. Also, be sure to look at my bed, which has a pimply ass :sick: :w00t:

8056877139_cc012d5a52_b.jpg

_DSC0240 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

Coming soon:

-1 piece driveline...

-flares

-oics of both

Or maybe, pulled fenders like this:

322626_368304736578155_1265565824_o.jpg

see i dont like the look of the pulled fenders due to part of the fender that turns back inward before the end of the wheel well opening if you could pull them and have them turn out completly smooth they yeah but as pictured above i vote no

• Like 2

Yeahhh I see what you're talking about and now that you mention it, it is a little funky. I might have to look at the fender roller and see if there's any room for adjustment there. Regardless, I'm holding off on flares because I may be trading for some 16x8's that would sit about flush.

Tomorrow though, the truck is getting finishing work and MAYBE PAINT. But that really depends on the weather.

254765_10151191773689266_1998322071_n.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good dude! Glad you're bringing the yellow back

Looks better in oics! Bastardly bugs and wind screwed me. It was nice and clean out, wind came out of nowhere and a BUNCH of bugs came and hit the fresh paint on the first coat. Picked 'em out with a razor blade, but now the winds going like crazy and killed my chances of finishing it off. The wind screwed up some fresh paint that was only 10 minuets or so old. Got a few small runs but meh... I can fix that.

Did you fix the dings above the seemline behind the tire before you painted?

As much as I could. The majority of it was right at the seam of the bed so i couldn't get body hammers in there to knock them out and bondo wouldn't cut it...

when I get a chance to down the road, I'm gonna end up with a different bed on the truck. This one's shot and someone's welded on the tailgate hinges, which is also pretty beat.

Okay, it's settled.

Picked the bugs out, re-coated it, and it's been drying now for about 1.5 hours.

Not a gust of wind and no moar bugs so I'm a lot happier. Just need to let it sit for a few days and I'll wet sand/buff it and put on some wax. The longer it sits, the glossier it gets.

IMAG0320.jpg

IMAG0323.jpg

Some generic yellow tractor paint from Tractor Supply.

It's an Enamel that I used with a recommended reducer and catalyst hardener.

The longer it sits to dry, the glossier it gets. I'm really starting to like the color. It's pretty close to the factory color. This truck was resprayed several years ago with a cheap enamel but there are still corners where the factory color is still visible.

IMAG0328.jpg

IMAG0325.jpg