620 FUNK! **NOW with Stroker!**

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Asshole :fu:

It actually turned out pretty awesome. During the night, we apparently had a pop up shower that wasn't on the forecast because I have light spotting on the bed rail, but nothing bad. It'll all color sand out.

All in all, I'm satisfied!

One thing I have to mention though, is that you HAVE to use more reducer then what they recommend. On the passenger side (the first side) I used the recommended ratio and I noticed that the gun sprayed uneven amounts. It was very spotty and inconsistent, but overall not terrible. I was able to fix it after adding more reducer and another light coat.

The drivers side over all is pretty nice. No runs, minimal orange peel, and smooth. Just needs a color sanding to fix where the bug were :crying:

I was just about to make fun of your work. Then I realized the shit i was seeing on the side of your truck was crap on my inlaws laptop screen. lulz! Not bad man, not bad!

.... I hope it wasn't from a terror of fap ... in the night ... from your in-law .... :lol: jk haha !

mm47 ... looks pretty dang good to me considering everything. Good job :thumbup:

My paint guy told me sometime yellow fade's quicker ... but I personally have no idea ... I like yellow on datsun's in general though :cool:

Glad you are sticking with yellow.

I have never painted a car ... just keep that in mind ... :lol: :D

Keep chuggin along !

• Like 1

.... I hope it wasn't from a terror of fap ... in the night ... from your in-law .... :lol: jk haha !

You know it.. Got their laptop, tv, couch, chair, hell i even fapped on their dresser and oven for the lulz. Nothing is safe here, NOTHING.

• Like 2

Thanks guys!

black and white rising sun on the tailgate?? :w00t:

looks good man!

What I'm thinking is White tailgate with a Red rising sun, and sanding the Datsun letters clean so they rust across the rising sun :thumbup:

Looking good man. I've been trying to get a s10 lip for months. Let me know if u come across another. Also found a great photo spot near my shop in douglasville. Hit me up if wanna come check it out sometime.

I know of one for you man :thumbup: I'll get you a price.

rim specs??

15x10 -45 offset with a 6 inch lip :w00t:

So those who saw my recent status, I broke my two sway bar mount bolts clean off and couldn't get them out. Rather then fucking with it and ruining something, I took it to a buddy at a restoration shop and payed him $25 and a pizza to do it right and clean :thumbup:

Specializes in 40's Fords and old shit. Bodywork and everything guy. Gonna do my floor pans, battery tray, and a lot more soon! He's also talked me into ditching the tractor enamel andhe's going to get me some 2 part Urethane and spray it for me in exchange for help at the shop. :thumbup:

IMAG0369.jpg

^^^Broken...

IMAG0368.jpg

^^^Fixed...

IMAG0373.jpg

^^^OH and a GTR he's painting for Battleground Motorsports...

IMAG0374.jpg

^^Patches is a love whore.

IMAG0375.jpg

IMAG0376.jpg

IMAG0377.jpg

Moar pictures. Got bored, and WASHED HER. Magic words... I never wash my truck since I'm doing bodywork :alright

I know I'm not the lowest thing on the road but DAMN it feels good to sit right here.

8107675706_8483e46d2f_b.jpg

_DSC0269 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

8107667017_1096c85562_b.jpg

_DSC0274 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

8107675134_40ef53d98a_b.jpg

_DSC0277 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

8107666465_bafde890ea_b.jpg

_DSC0283 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

^^FRESH wash. Looks good, color doesn't match but fuck, it's not a Lexus, it's a Datsun :rofl

8107674690_6f35a66ca9_b.jpg

_DSC0285 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

8107674422_fd19f08d9c_b.jpg

_DSC0287 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

8107674178_19820a73bc_b.jpg

_DSC0296 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

8107674032_263cd622af_b.jpg

_DSC0309 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

8107673874_4599c6480a_b.jpg

_DSC0316 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

8107673710_b5f3cc2896_b.jpg

_DSC0338 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

8107673476_48547c0525_b.jpg

_DSC0345 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

^^BTW, about my Bieber... let me just say fuck you in advance! :rofl:

8107664843_8b4fdc1ed4_b.jpg

_DSC0351 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

^^Brother decided to hang and wanted a new picture to toss on FB.

I lubed it up like a cheap old whore :poke: Brand new as of about a year ago.

My guess is that it didn't hold grease very well because it was bone dry and starting to rust other then a few spots in the bearing cups.

more close pics of it coming! It really fucked the yoke up so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do for the 2 piece.

IMAG0320.jpg

IMAG0323.jpg

Over on the Chevy truck forums I see people painting old 'ochre' trucks with bright yellow and have a similar difference in colors to this.. what I'm wondering.. was the old Datsun yellow and Chevy ochre brigher when it was new, and has faded to be more orange?.. or is brighter yellow just more in style now than the old orange-yellow?

Over on the Chevy truck forums I see people painting old 'ochre' trucks with bright yellow and have a similar difference in colors to this.. what I'm wondering.. was the old Datsun yellow and Chevy ochre brigher when it was new, and has faded to be more orange?.. or is brighter yellow just more in style now than the old orange-yellow?

I think, for the most part it's just a total mis-balance of colors. The paint that was on it before wasn't factory. The truck was painted, but the prep work was crap and the paint wasn't cared for. Probably done back in the 90's.

The orange-yellow is gonna be back on the truck again. I have a buddy at a resto shop giving me shit for not letting him paint it originally. I'm just gonna knock it out and let it get sprayed next summer/spring. It'll have a 2 part Urethane on it, and I'm aiming to have a good show quality paint job on it when he's done. Probably one of the best painters in GA.

I thought you were gonna pull your fenders? :confused:

Well, i had budgeted some money on the side and decided I was gonna order some ZG flares instead of pulling, but the driveshaft is gonna eat up a lot of that money so I'm just gonna go ahead and do a mild pull. I figure as long as I don't pull it too far and too aggressive, I can always cut the pulled metal out later if I put in fiberglass flares.

Since the trucks been down, I've had time to work on some little things that I've been wanting to do. The taillight surrounds got a good sanding and wire brush before fresh primer and.... Plastidip!

IMAG0384.jpg

IMAG0387.jpg

IMAG0389.jpg

3 days later, the drive shaft! I have have to say HOLY HELL a one piece is so much nicer. The truck is smoother then ever. Zero driveline vibrations, and it's even quieter under the truck now. (Carrier bearing was toast.) In fact, it even slides easier now. That's always good.

IMAG0391.jpg

IMAG0392.jpg