620 FUNK! **NOW with Stroker!**

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Workin on the 15's tomorrow ;) Maybe have them mounted on the truck in a few weeks. I'm gonna leave some cure time for the paint while i'm in FL visiting the GF.

Just finally took a drive in her after finishing up the gas tank.

IMAG1465.jpg

IMAG1466.jpg

IMAG1467.jpg

Found out that JB 2 part epoxy is fuel resistant and tested, so I decided to give it a shot as a temp fix until I find a better tank. I spent 4 hours sanding the tank and cleaning the rust holes. I soaked the tank in high zinc primer, so it will never rust again, and sealed with nice paint.

IMAG1468.jpg

IMAG1469.jpg

The JB Weld has been curing for 16 hours, and the tank is mounted with gas in it now, so It's time to go see how it's going.

Wow is it common to get holes in the tank? ..... That seems like something I should check on mine

Yessir! Especially on trucks, at the front on the seam behind the brackets where the water running out of the bed collects.

Not sure HOW other people got JB weld to work, because mine is STILL leaking!! I filled it to 3/4 of a tank with no leak, so I topped it off and now it leaks. makes no ffing sense.

• 1 month later...

Found a gas tank already :) Just gotta go get it.

Anyways.... need to get SU's, Cam, etc and I'll be happy. I'm working on bodywork still. Been going through a TON of work on the truck, too much to update so I'll just post pics...

7407103382_afb4cd58bd_b.jpg

7271655372_82174899ef_b.jpg

7271653424_2d672b7f44_b.jpg

I have been wondering about that for a very very long time...

Yeah, they were rusted pretty bad on the bead of the two for the front, and I hadn't bothered grinding it smooth until last week. Just need to finish painting them.

I think I'm gonna leave the fronts white instead of a white lip.

funny may dads mustang tank has been sealed with jb weld and a bottle cap my entire life and it doesnt leak a drop

Probably mostly because of the bottlecap. I used the JBWeld over the pinholes before I realized I should have used something under it first.

What do you guys think about the staggard tire sizes? 195/50/15 on the front, and 205/60/15 out back. I got the front from a friend for cheapz and got it mounted/balanced free so I figured I'd try the size.

_DSC0042.jpg

_DSC0055.jpg

_DSC0056.jpg

_DSC0057.jpg

_DSC0058.jpg

• 2 weeks later...