620 FUNK! **NOW with Stroker!**

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if that L20 has more pep than my rebuilt bored l16 with a weber? then again you have a weber... you probably have me by a bit...but i picked up my truck right down near you, i should have told you when I was coming! Haha, it looks good though man. Question: why the 720 springs over just some blocks?

Well, lets just put it this way. My A15 in my 210 after the porting, MSD ign, weber, etc moved about as hard as this L20B in the truck cool.gif

The springs were chosen because they were easily installed (thanks again M-O-T!) and were a more legit way of lowering it. Believe it or not, the truck is actually still on LIFT shackles in the rear! Once I get the new shackles on the rear I'll be tucking in the rear. With blocks I'll be a few short inches from the ground.

Where was your truck at???

I had a Hooker Header on my 74 with a L20B. It was just like that one and man it hung down too far and smacked the pavment alot. I'm now going to use a Robello Racing 510 header. The collector stops at bottom of block next to lower tranny mount and I'll be able to tuck exhaust better.

What flange did you use on the other side? I can't seem to find anyone with a flange that bolts onto the collector on the header blink.gif From my understanding, it's a pretty standard flange and most of the headers use the same one.

SOOOOOOO, what are these "events" near Warner Robins you speak of? How 'bout that update?

Screamer510 there are no events near wr lol.... they are Atlanta area :P

^^Actually there were a few odd ball ones in the last month or so. SF is planning a new one soon so keep an eye out!

Theres one in Cordele GA which is pretty close to you from google maps. I'll have to get more info and keep posting.

Are you on IA screamer?

Wheres the new wheel pics monkey??

biggrin.gif

Patience my friends! I just got them home 4 hours ago. lol Master-o-turbonetics dropped them in the bed of my truck while I was at work.

They're 521 steelies and dog dishes. Gonna spray bomb them flat white tomorrow afternoon and polish up the dirty chrome dog dishes for a test fit :)

Good deal man, should look good with the steelies! Should be easier to go lower as well!

Yup! That's the main reason I got them. lol

I have 75 series tires on the truck with 215's, and the bubbly sidewall won't clear the lip of the fender. Right now it's on lift shackles, so now I can put stock shackles on the truck and be tucking.

Well, lets just put it this way. My A15 in my 210 after the porting, MSD ign, weber, etc moved about as hard as this L20B in the truck cool.gif

The springs were chosen because they were easily installed (thanks again M-O-T!) and were a more legit way of lowering it. Believe it or not, the truck is actually still on LIFT shackles in the rear! Once I get the new shackles on the rear I'll be tucking in the rear. With blocks I'll be a few short inches from the ground.

Where was your truck at???

Summerville, right in downtown, sadly on the way the vega's windshield got cracked by something on the highway. I was SO pissed, so i lost my extra set of rims and tires off the deal- and that guy still got a damn fine deal, hes lucky im a sucker for a datto.

It's amazingly clean inside and out, few dings in the body, you can find some oics in the thread I started for it.

I'm not trying to drop my truck on the ground, more of just an aggressive lower over some 15x10 rims with some street tires stretched over them, so would blocks be my best bet?

We so need to get all these NC GA SC and TN guys together for a hell of a time, as soon as my 620 is a bit more put together the way id like.

I'm not trying to drop my truck on the ground, more of just an aggressive lower over some 15x10 rims with some street tires stretched over them, so would blocks be my best bet?

We so need to get all these NC GA SC and TN guys together for a hell of a time, as soon as my 620 is a bit more put together the way id like.

720 4x4 leaf springs for the win!

Can't wait to get my truck running! LOL

Use 720 4x4 leafs, and air shocks to stiffen the ride and give you an adjustable ride height.

We'll be setting up some meets soon ;)

for now, Master-O-Turbonetics old rims!

403024_10150548673969266_626549265_8710478_1670417799_n1.jpg

Thanks for posting Zeuisimo!!!

Gonna do that ASAP!

Laying frame....

Step 1: New rims that tuck.

CHECK.

coarse steel wool and brake parts cleaner = clean surface.

IMAG1130.jpg

cheap primer and low gloss rattle can = pretty

IMAG1131.jpg

installed new(ish) rims = teh sex.

IMAG1137.jpg

MOAR LOW coming to a thread new you soon!

okay, i think its safe to say that those flares or what ever they are on the wheel wells has gotta go now...

yesss on the moar low!

Yup! They're going ASAP! Just not sure when. lol I'm lazy. Probably will drill out the rivets in the next day or so.

LOL so those tires DO hold air!?!?!?!?! HAHA

Even that SEARS brand tire?

Yes! lol they do and it's funny, because I've been driving on them for a week or so with no issues. lol

Looks like some guys re-index their torsion bars 1 click and really lower the nose.. but the bump stops have to be removed. LOL

re-index? As in remove the torsion bar bolt and turn them?

Universal Energy Suspension Bumpstops From Summit

There's At Least An Inch Between Them

My Tires Are Flush With Fenders (Maybe 5" Drop?)

Rides Good With 2" Shock Towers And Stock Shocks

Thanks for the heads up! I'm looking into it now.

Be prepared! More low just a few hours away!

Edited by metalmonkey47

Universal Energy Suspension Bumpstops From Summit

Check This Out:

4c6a513c.jpg

There's At Least An Inch Between Them

My Tires Are Flush With Fenders (Maybe 5" Drop?)

Rides Good With 2" Shock Towers And Stock Shocks

can we get a pic of the shock towers????

After new shackles.

Me an Master-0-Turbonics fought for a good 2 hours. Pretty fun results..lol We rednecked his trailer.

Anways... here's with the pictures. Some are just random..

6803529931_8147cd4bb8_b.jpg

_DSC0670 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

6803531269_36c790c5f8_b.jpg

_DSC0672 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

6803530609_08fd07d871_b.jpg

_DSC0671 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

6803532051_da73f6cd0e_b.jpg

L20B by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

Edited by metalmonkey47