620 FUNK! **NOW with Stroker!**

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Engine looks ... really ... cleaned and polished ... nice work Dr. Pepper! :cool:

Yellows a good theme on this ... i like this

Dog dishes look good man

Thanks man! She's a cool little girl laugh.gif

those are slick flares.

Where from?

Idk man to be honest. I kinda hate them. need to drill the rivets off.

Anyways...

good bedliner and a brush! Not finished, but here is a start. I have a lot more to update but this is number one.

IMAG1175.jpg

IMAG1176.jpg

Man.. I dont know what to say about your truck, its not anything like I want mine to be...but i like it a lot..it has all kinds of small unique elements, and it just looks RIGHT...like I can feel that this is the direction you want and you're succeeding and THAT is why its so nice.

I'm embarrassed of my truck till i can get it how I want it....

• Like 1

Thanks man! She's in an odd direction for sure. To be honest, as she sits it's far from where I want it to be. I envision it tucking some stupid flush wide wheels, but $$$ is keeping me from doing so.

I got it in such interesting form already, so she was already 10 steps ahead of where I expected to be for what i spent on it. I'm really happy with the way she looks right now. I just need to get a few small elements finished and she'll be perfect.

She's dead reliable right now and I'm really happy for that.

2eDeYe' date='16 February 2012 - 12:15 PM' timestamp='1329423340' post='636371']

Truck looks great :cool:

I reserve judgment on the engine bay treatment until you have finished :D

Thanks man!

haha

It'd be done already, but it's been raining. Looks kinda funky right now. blink.gif

did you get her plate number? report it to the po po...

Naw, she was gone before I realized what happened.

My tail light lens is broken in two pieces now too :( I think she may have caught it with some trim pieces on her bumper when she was backing up. ergggggg

More progress. It's turning out pretty good so I think I'll get some more for my bed.

_DSC0029.jpg

Also, some other random pics. I did the pan gasket. VERY easy. Just have to un bolt the center support under the pan, slides straight out. After that, center steering link needs to be unhooked from one side, turn the steering wheel in to move it out so you can pull it out to clear the pan, and the pan comes straight down. Took me about 2 hours.

_DSC0770.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks man, we kinda do get lucky here I guess tongue.gif That manifold will serve me well!

Now to update...

I've noticed that I have a worsening rattle in the valve cover (sounds like loose valves) so I'm going to go ahead and adjust them before my interview tomorrow. I have about 2000 miles on Castrol 10w-30 and a Napa Gold, so I know it's not that. I haven't adjusted them since I got the truck, so It's probably about time.

I swapped my old copper NGK plugs with some new Platinum 7084's and gapped them to .44 and got a little bit more mid-range power and a more consistent idle, so I'm really satisfied with the way the trucks running right now.

Want to say 720 4x4

I do likeem too. Nice truckmobile

Perhaps. I think they're kinda ugly to be honest, but I think they will fit nice once I get the rims finished up.

figure out what those flares are off of? I like em... if you take em off I want smile.gif

No sir, did not! I may hold on to them. If not, they're yours ;)

interview? you loose the gig at autozone?

Nope! Still there and hate it like always :P

_DSC0823.jpg

Oh and BTW, got this :D (Budsapian, don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you! I'll PM you back when I'm back from work today if it lets me. PM's have been funny over here.)

IMAG1287.jpg

Just been trying to catch up on maintenance.

After my accident, I've decided to make my brakes 1st priority. I've got a new master cylinder to go on tomorrow, replaced a leaking front cyl last week, and I'm going to the next one tomorrow.

I've seriously considered buying a set of beebani's disk brackets and making the conversion to front disk. I'm just trying to make a decision between that and Weber's for my Nismo manifold.

MOAR oics tomorrow.

Just a random under the shot hood. I've been cleaning up small stuff here and there. Did brake master today and seems to be a little better. Time will tell.

_DSC0839.jpg

I never shared too many interior pics, so here's one for you guys. Excuse the mess, I was working on the interior today.

_DSC0840.jpg

This will give you an idea how big this manifold is. Pretty beefy!

_DSC0841.jpg

I'm mounting the spare tire against the far side of the bed. I'm gonna pull the bed and drill two mount holes and use long steel rod to hold it on. Should look pretty nice and it will all be hidden under the dog dish.

_DSC0843.jpg

_DSC0845.jpg

Been thinking about leaving the rims patina. I think I'll just go ahead and sand them, but I'm gonna go ahead and do a high gloss black on the whole rim for two, and the front two are gonna be 2 tone.

_DSC0846.jpg

_DSC0847.jpg