620 FUNK! **NOW with Stroker!**

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

also monkey you need to get a real set of crimpers what you have there is squishers i can tell by the way the connectors turned out on the coil wiring

Technically since his connectors are insulated he is supposed to use the squishers. Crimpers are for non-insulated. I will say though that Crimpers make the connection stronger and it is easier to use in general.

This is what Bonvo is talking about:

photo_2.JPG

Yessir!! Sure is :D

IMAG1320.jpg

^That sonova bitch is a wild ign coil. Increased my low end torque a good deal as well as my mid range HP. Coming soon... MSD 6AL-2 digital ign.

That means something was wrong with the old set-up.

what ever happened with the accident shit

LONGGGGGG story. I'll update the other thread when I have more details..

also monkey you need to get a real set of crimpers what you have there is squishers i can tell by the way the connectors turned out on the coil wiring

Technically since his connectors are insulated he is supposed to use the squishers. Crimpers are for non-insulated. I will say though that Crimpers make the connection stronger and it is easier to use in general.

This is what Bonvo is talking about:

photo_2.JPG

Actually, I didn't even use crimpers for those. :geek: I couldn't find where mine went (still haven't found them) so I used my vise for a temporary fix. All of that wiring is going to be gone soon, so I haven't been too concerned with it.

That means something was wrong with the old set-up.

Nahhh, not necessarily. Everything was new and set up great. Every car I've ever owned (and some of my motorcycles) used MSD coils and showed a positive improvement. I've always been satisfied with MSD products. The only reason I'm using the MSD coil is because I got it VERY cheap and intend on upgrading the rest of my ignition system soon.

I've been using MSD stuff on everything possible for 30 years.A 6AL box is driving my LZ-23.But electricity has it's own laws.When the voltage reaches"X",it's going to jump the gap-it doesn't matter wether the coil puts out 50K or 30 K.Spark is spark.

MSD makes some good products as i've stated,but if your system is dead nuts on MSD anything will do nothing in the way of adding HP.BUt a MSD box with a rev limiter is very cheap insurance.

I've been using MSD stuff on everything possible for 30 years.A 6AL box is driving my LZ-23.But electricity has it's own laws.When the voltage reaches"X",it's going to jump the gap-it doesn't matter wether the coil puts out 50K or 30 K.Spark is spark.

MSD makes some good products as i've stated,but if your system is dead nuts on MSD anything will do nothing in the way of adding HP.BUt a MSD box with a rev limiter is very cheap insurance.

Hmmm... I suppose it makes sense to a point, however it seems like if it were that simple these companies would be out of business. I suppose it's always possible that my 30+ year old ign coil was on it's way out the door.

I really need to brush up on my knowledge of electronic components like ign coils.

Anyways, on with the updates...

I think I need a new caster rod...

_DSC0002.jpg

But just new bushings for now. lol

_DSC0001.jpg

Got sick of that funk under my hood so I spray bombed it.

IMAG1339.jpg

SEXY BISH.

_DSC0036.jpg

MOAR LOWER.

_DSC0039.jpg

SUPER SHINEY

_DSC0038.jpg

Last but not least...

_DSC0037.jpg

Sorry guys, not sure why it didn't show up. It's up there now. It's LOUD. IMO, sounds good but needs a resonator.

hmmmm after you pay the kids to wet sand you go and replace the fender anyways.....

It's because a parts truck with a better fender came across. The old damaged fender prevented me from mounting the bumper. I figured the harelequin look was okay as long as I had the bumper on. The front valence is new primer, which is why it's black. I'm starting bodywork next week after Import Alliance and the truck will be repainted.

are those autozone mirrors?

Yessir :D the $15 ones. Cheap plastic, but usable and they fit the look of the truck.