'73 1200 Coupe Project, aka Timmy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wiring routed to where it goes and ready to be wrapped up...

1904056_10152061376747983_15548481_n.jpg

While Tim was busy taping up the harness, I was goofing around with a few random things...   :rofl:

More light?

10007412_10152061376767983_1563414470_n.

And since I had a spare bent VG33 valve cover, I decided to try out a crazy idea I had...

Cut the oil filler neck off the VG, and...

1795749_10152061376772983_206986767_n.jp

Currently a press fit, but since I know it will leak, I'll take it back out and weld it on permanently...

1964807_10152061376837983_1690215060_n.j

What do you think? Too kooky? Won't necessarily use that cap, but it would be nice to be able to use almost any modern aftermarket cap...   :thumbup:

• Like 3

that CF cover is sick, so is that aluminum one :cool:

I need to get off my ass and just build an aluminum one... Wouldn't be cheap, but shit it wouldn't be $1000 either...  :rofl:

I might be crazy, but I really think I could build one like this... With someone else welding it of course...   ^_^

4045500.jpg

• Like 2

You know that the ''carbon'' paint can be done by dipping the valve cover to a printable surface(some call it swirling or hydrographics), here is an example: 

You just need a big tray and water + some spray layer product and a print, they have a website where they sell DIY kits if you search the web~

Fairly cheap and easy to make custom stuff  B)

You know that the ''carbon'' paint can be done by dipping the valve cover to a printable surface

Yes, I do. I don't think I would ever do it though. Not my kinda thing...

Edit: Found a place here in town that does it. May get a quote and see what it costs at least...

I need to get off my ass and just build an aluminum one... Wouldn't be cheap, but shit it wouldn't be $1000 either...  :rofl:

I might be crazy, but I really think I could build one like this... With someone else welding it of course...   ^_^

4045500.jpg

You got the specs. to these? This would be a good way for me to learn how to weld aluminum. Got access to all the needed equipment.

You got the specs. to these? This would be a good way for me to learn how to weld aluminum. Got access to all the needed equipment.

Well, the example photo is of a small block Chevy valve cover.   ;)

There will be no specs or plans until I make them myself.    :cool:

I need to get some sheet aluminum and cut the bottom, top, and sides out, then mock it up and (have someone) weld it together. Once I figure out what it takes to make one, I can make more. The real killer is the threaded bung for the oil cap. I can use a pipe thread bung for the PCV pipe in the rear. But the one for the cap will be tricky. I can probably cut one out of another valve cover, but then for every one I build, I need to sacrifice another, so...  

We shall see where it goes...

• Like 2