'73 1200 Coupe Project, aka Timmy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still a little confused about what you want... a wide tire with stretch? or some better functionality. If you ran a 14x7 with your 185 (little stretch as you described it) you'd get a good look, better ride and traction most likely... and the wheel would be lighter. You also get your little bit of "hella flush, hella stretch, bro look, my rims scrape the pavement" fix. 

I am still a little confused about what you want... 

It's okay, everyone else is too.   :rofl:

I want to get rid of the spacers and fill the flares better.

Beyond that, I just want to troll a lot of people, with much success I might add...   :P

• Like 2

Also, this doesn't allow you to really run a wider tire than I can with a 14" wheel. Do your research.   :rofl:

Also, this doesn't allow you to really run a wider tire than I can with a 14" wheel. Do your research.   :rofl:

I believe my 205s are a little wider than 185s are, plus why would you want a shorter tire that throws off your speedometer. The streched tires ride worse and handle worse than properly sized tires on correctly sized rims. You don't see 13 inch wheels with streched tires on race cars!

plus why would you want a shorter tire that throws off your speedometer.

Makes the car accelerate faster (changes the overall gear ratio), allows for a lower ride height, and makes a lighter/wheel tire combo with less rotational inertia.

The streched tires ride worse and handle worse than properly sized tires on correctly sized rims.

One, I don't give a flying fuck about how the car rides. If I did, I'd be building Cadillacs, not Datsuns. Two, it doesn't make it handle "worse", it makes it handle "different". 

You don't see 13 inch wheels with streched tires on race cars!

Then you're not looking in the right place...   :rofl:

• Like 2

I believe my 205s are a little wider than 185s are

I can easily run a 205/60-13 on a 13x7 and put down as much or more contact patch than those 15s will, so why do I need 15s? Same contact patch yet uglier look, not really a win/win. 

Makes the car accelerate faster (changes the overall gear ratio), allows for a lower ride height, and makes a lighter/wheel tire combo with less rotational inertia.

One, I don't give a flying fuck about how the car rides. If I did, I'd be building Cadillacs, not Datsuns. Two, it doesn't make it handle "worse", it makes it handle "different". 

Then you're not looking in the right place...   :rofl:

A harsh ride will make a car handle worse because the tires loose contact when you hit a bump. You don't see Bob running small wheels and streched tires on his toys which smoke on the track! Show me a real full size race car with 13 or 14 inch wheels.

I can easily run a 205/60-13 on a 13x7 and put down as much or more contact patch than those 15s will, so why do I need 15s? Same contact patch yet uglier look, not really a win/win. 

Meet me on the track and we'll see who wins! :thumbup:

13s with stretch

JCCA-2012-04-IMG_32751.jpg

Looks real nice with all that gap between the tires and fenders, I thought you were interested in looks more than function! :crying:

A harsh ride will make a car handle worse because the tires loose contact when you hit a bump. You don't see Bob running small wheels and streched tires on his toys which smoke on the track! 

Yes, but Bob is building track cars. I am not.  :rofl:

Meet me on the track and we'll see who wins! :thumbup:

See above. And no, I don't really give a shit if your car is faster than mine. 

That's a weird way to admit you were wrong...    :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I figured you wouldn't understand sarcasm. Just remember form follows function! B)

Not with a crying emoticon behind it, no...  

try one of these next time...   :rofl:

I thought that was confused, guess I should have used this one. :wacko:

Texas don't get potholes they get sinkholes, Many say everything is bigger in Texas, so why stop at a pothole that will fit a small car, go big and do a sinkhole to fit a whole house in.

Yea, but in Kentucky they swallow half a dozen Corvettes! :rofl: