'73 1200 Coupe Project, aka Timmy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the fronts, not really the rears, but this is what I want to do, if you can imagine the rears being the same as the fronts...

B110+Nissan+Sunny+(2).jpg

I can really dig it. The grille is almost exactly what I want on mine.

So what do you think it will take to get you there? The fronts look great there but I agree with Tim when it comes to stretching as far as those rears. I've been researching available 14s and found out that there aren't any decent choices for crappy 14x6s except for getting the 165/55 Federal FD1s from Ebay. With your 14x7s could you do 185/60s and get that look? There seem to be tons of those and 175/65s. Hell Discount Tire even carries those :P

So what do you think it will take to get you there?

If I don't mind raising the car a tiny bit, some 14x8s with a 185/55-14. It would "look" the same as my current setup (14x7 with a 165/55-14), only 10mm taller. 

Quite frankly this car is so fucking low it's likely to be borderline undrivable if I keep it this way. But it sure does look cool...   :rofl:

I've been researching available 14s and found out that there aren't any decent choices for crappy 14x6s except for getting the 165/55 Federal FD1s from Ebay. 

Well, let me know if you want a brand new set for cheap.   :P

They would not be much of a stretch on a 14x6, and are a good size for a lowered 1200. 

With your 14x7s could you do 185/60s and get that look? There seem to be tons of those and 175/65s.

Those are really too tall for my car. I'd never be happy with it sitting high enough to make those not rub.    :hmm:

BTW, my current ride height is almost exactly where that other white car above is at. And you really need 20" tires to be that low. 

I suppose since those are 13s on that car, it would be more realistic to say this car below is more what I should do, if not exactly what I want to do.

I am fairly sure these are 14x8s, and this car isn't nearly as low...

4BB38790-221B-4839-9AB9-F36EBC6EC0F0-183

Yea, 165/55 and 155/55s are available new from Ebay. They are just 70+ per tire. I wouldn't want to run 205/60s. Datsunfreak I really love the stance of that second 1200. That looks more realistic for a DD on these hellish Georgia roads :P

Either way you go this car will be amazing. I'm slowly falling out of love with the stretched look, but those aren't too bad. I'd like to see what those tires would look like on 14x7s.

You can buy them from summit racing. I was going to pic up a set of the green chrome ones for the B210 but I just don't think I can pull it off :P

Those black chrome would look tits on the 1200 and you could go moar lowar *hinthint*

I'd rock em.  I'm at the moment trying to figure out what color I want to powder coat some wheels and Pink keeps coming to mind because my car is green, I just don't know if I'm manly enough for pink.  Maybe if I start working out and grow a beard...  and get a pet alligator...  and always have an unexplainable black eye.

• Like 2

Looking at them again, that blue would look awesome with the white as well. So man choices!

I definitely think Tim could use the pink ones for his hello kitty coupe though  :rofl:

• Like 1