Jump to content

Atomic

Senior Member
  • Content Count

    954
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

515 Excellent

1 Follower

About Atomic

  • Rank
    Senior Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Finland
  • Cars
    Datsun B310 Turbo Coupe 1978 & Datsun B310 Coupe 1978
  • Interests
    Music, photography and DIY
  • Occupation
    Mechanical Designer

Recent Profile Visitors

14,242 profile views
  1. Adapters incoming: ' And started to make the jig where I can do the finishing transitions between oval and round:
  2. First set of flanges done: Clean table for adapters that I'm starting off tomorrow
  3. Milled more, got the first pair ready, I'm going to use the first pair to myself with weld on adapters, so the oval holes are bit bigger: Then I'm going to make a Jig from leftovers to house in the intake funnels that transition from oval to round, the jig will be used to machine the transition (see radiuses):
  4. Machining time! I ran to an error first because the block size in the CNC control was limited to 9999 blocks, and I had to go through 99999 blocks. So: I fixed that with some piece of code that resets the counter everytime it reatches 9999 blocks, it starts again from 0...1...2...3.. etc. After that was fixed, everything went smoothly: Except when I had some errands to run... So I stopped the machine and calculated that I was somewhere around 58k blocks down the line... But of course that block would be 8k something as the resetting counter... So I tried to delete the all other 8k blocks and start the program then from the ''58k'' block, but it didn't work... So I had to delete all the code until 58k block and modify the starting counter and then it was easy to continue: So first batch is ready, 2 pairs are already reserved. One pair from this batch is for sale. Send me a DM and I can customize the oval hole size suited for your application. I'm also making oval to round port adapters in next batch: So they are easier to weld on. Pricing: 80 euros per pair w/o adapters 125 euros per pair with adapters I will also machine the oil pump flanges, so hmu in DMs if you're interested in any.
  5. Got the holders finally in right size: Made the oil pump spacer, will do a 3D SLA print to try out how it fits before machining one out of aluminum: Also planning to do multiple intake flanges (also for sale):
  6. Finally on holiday, feels good! Bought some cork gasket and made new oil pan seals: Also wondered if the oil thrower disc is necessary? I hear that oil might leak from the front seal if the seal is worn or something. The problem was that I couldn't find the thrower disc anywhere, even the other donor motor didn't have one? Anyways assembled some screws on: The other question that bothered me is that what sealant should be used with paper gaskets? I have heard that some use grease to make them easy to peel off later on and the gasket material itself seals, no need for silicone sealant? Painted the water inlet and also the crank case breather line: Which now has AN fitting: And had some time between paint layers so I decided to paint the engine numbers:
  7. I'll be having 3 weeks holiday soon, hopefully I can machine some Datsun parts and drop the engine in the engine bay again! Painted some more parts during the weekend:
  8. If I had the time, almost in a middle of a burnout
  9. Quite long time since last update... I finally had time and will to paint some parts:
  10. It has been mostly raining for a week now: So I have just been prepping other parts for paint, I did a pretty shitty welding on the cam trigger so I used some filler to make the transition smoother:
  11. Whew, not enough time, and sanding takes a lot of time. During multiple days I have been prepping the valve cover as it was in quite a bad shape and I wanted to make it a bit prettier: I think it is quite ready for the blue paint. Need to prep the rest of the parts tomorrow. I'll try to paint these during this week if it doesn't start to rain or something. Then I can finally assemble the rest of the engine together!
  12. Rolled the datsun to outside so I could paint the engine block: Masked the engine and painted with the same color as the outer shell is going to be: Had a cup-noodle brake in the car: Took off the maskings: The one spot with some red on it will have the aluminum cap that I'm going to machine over it. I really do like the color scheme that is coming up. I have pearl black also that I'm going to use for the aluminum chain cover and pulley wheels. Hopefully I get to paint more tomorrow.
  13. And for those who are interested the color codes are from left to right: MB728.00 MB659.00 MB731.00 MB658.70 I'm probably going with the 659
  14. Highflow oilpump body modification: Now the L series rotor and shaft fits the A series housing. I just need to make a aluminum pin to lock the rotor into place. Then I need to press the gear to the bottom and drill a hole for bottom pin. Bought also 4 different shades of blue and painted V40 fender I had laying around, had a matt lack runout on the leftside and couple of drops on the right side when I was mixing the paints, oops.. 😄 I'm probably going to choose one of the colors from the left side. The 4th is a bit too turquoise in the shade, 3rd is a bit too dark. First one is a bit darkish, the 2nd one is kind of bright. Need to do the choise on the weekend and then I'll be buying the car paints, or atleast some for painting the engine block and valve cover with it.
  15. Finally got the TIG welder potentiometer and welded the brackets on: distance adjustable via spacers (this is with 1 mm thick): welded also the oil return to the pan finally: And finished the last hump to clear out the long main cap bolts:
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.