'73 1200 Coupe Project, aka Timmy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some JDM front side markers. Several people told me they don't fit the hole in the USDM fender...

JDM vs USDM

crap_001.JPG

Turns out they were wrong. Bolts straight up to the USDM fender and covers the hole very well.

crap_008.JPG

New wheels test fit. This is with a 20mm spacer, and the wheel edge is just flush with the lip of the flare...

crap_0102.JPG

• Like 2

Ordered some brackets from mklotz for the front brake upgrade, as well as new calipers, rotors and pads. Should have all that in this weekend and get the front back on the ground so I can do the rear flares. :thumbup:

Impromptu poll: Not gonna stay all silver on the wheels, so debating satin black center polished lip or all satin black...

Crap photochop

2s8guj4.jpg

2eDeYe' timestamp='1354584956' post='806096']

Could always do the lips later.

Best way to do this is to decide before putting the tires on. If I'm going all black I have to paint the back side of the lips before the tires go on. One it's all black, it's "permanent".

The wheels are cheap enough that I could buy another set later if I regret the decision to go all black. Or even buy another set and have both styles and change at will. :P

• Like 1

Thanks to Mike Klotz I was able to finally get something done on the front brakes. Pick up a pair of his caliper adapter brackets and went to work.

Old 1200 brakes:

my_1200_004.JPG

New bigger/better brakes:

my_1200_008.JPG

You'll notice I also removed the struts and swapped them side to side for better clearance (moves the calipers to the front), and installed the 2.5" long ARP studs. :thumbup:

And since the new calipers use a banjo bolt fitting instead of a screw in line, I replaced the rubber brake lines with stainless braided lines that have banjo fittings on them. B)

Purdy :)

Morrisun deserves most of the credit for these brakes. I simply brought his idea to life.

I'm glad to see another kit installed. I've sold a bunch of various kits over the years and have only gotten to see a few of them actually installed. Thanks! :)

I lurk.

This. I look at all the build threads and admire the progress. I had a build thread on another website for another car. Although I didnt get many posts in it, there were a good amount of views and various PMs I had regarding it. So remember, just because people dont post, doesnt mean they arent watching :)

just because people dont post, doesnt mean they arent watching :)

I guess that's my fault for never once looking at the number of page views. I just post and post with no replies and start to wonder if I'm only doing this for my own amusement. :rofl:

I shall keep the updates coming then. :thumbup:

• Like 1