'73 1200 Coupe Project, aka Timmy

Thanks. :thumbup:

They look even better on the car.

Step #1: Cut into a perfectly good fender...

okay_013.JPG

Step #2: Install riv-nuts and bolt flare on

okay_015s.jpg

3/4 view

okay_016.JPG

Front view, aka "demon camber"...

okay_018.JPG

Will get some tires on them next weekend and get them fitted on the car the weekend after. Dropping the flares off at the body shop on Monday to get them sprayed by a pro (I don't trust Krylon for a job like this :rofl: ). Then it should all go back together in 2-3 weeks. Can't wait!

I'm not against flares but this pic hurts. I guess flares are like when a lady wears a certain style bathing suit to cover a scare
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish i took more pics... I never document anything :/ Im interested to see how you did/do your rears. I think i'm going to end up redoing mine.

Do you mean rear brakes? If so, I'll be doing that fairly soon. :thumbup:

interesting to watch this project zig and zag...

It has certainly done plenty of that. :rofl:

Nice avatar by the way... B)

Do you mean rear brakes? If so, I'll be doing that fairly soon. :thumbup:

Nah, I meant rear flares. I cut mine really safe the first time and kind of rushed through it. I'm thinking of going back and re cutting/welding them.

*edit, I feel you on the fronts... I put something like 30 hours of body work into mine only to hack them up.

Nah, I meant rear flares. I cut mine really safe the first time and kind of rushed through it. I'm thinking of going back and re cutting/welding them.

I haven't finished the rears yet. That's a few weeks away. Waffling on weld or no weld. I have a few no weld ideas that should work. 

I'll definitely be welding on the 210 when it goes under the knife, but I don't feel good about welding it and not ruining the paint on the 1200. 

May try no weld for now, and whenever the 1200 is ready to be repainted, then weld them...