'72 Shakotan Z RB20DET

Shits looking good man... what lugs are those? Im trying to pick up a set. Are you running M12x1.25 studs?

Ps. You should frame picture 2 for your archives. That way you can remember the day its finally on the ground. Cant wait to see more!

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shits looking good man... what lugs are those? Im trying to pick up a set. Are you running M12x1.25 studs?

Ps. You should frame picture 2 for your archives. That way you can remember the day its finally on the ground. Cant wait to see more!

Yeah, I used Nissan Quest studs. Those are Ray's MXP lugs - they're really silly and stupid expensive, but they're purple. I needed them.

Looks great :thumbup:

Needs an inch or two lower, and new front lower control arms. She's getting there, though.

• Like 1

i like it just how it is the stance is perfect man why go lower?

cuz it is not perfect...

When you go to the extent of stretched tires, and flares, you might as well go from zero wheel gap.

It does need lower... but I hate saying that.

After much deliberation, I'll probably end up leaving it how it is. I might just be making excuses here; but I can actually drive the car at the height it's at right now. I won't lie, though - I was really hoping to gain another inch and a half out of this coil set-up. It's a lot of headaches to cut it up any further, though. For once, I think I might have to just settle with this aspect of this car.

This just in - S13 coils are fucking annoying. I have to pull my suspension out and cut it up to get any lower, but this is how she sat. First time on the ground in 14 months..

I'm worried about the same thing. I build some for my Sunny and hope I don't have to redo them....

Car looks fucking sick!!!!!!!

Congrats!

Congrats ... that's gotta feel pretty good to see it sitting on its own.

Feels pretty crazy, haha. Now to finish the fucker.

Wow that's nice! That beast will look like it's coming to eat you if you see in in your rearview mirror thumbup1.gif

Haha, here's to hoping!

i like it just how it is the stance is perfect man why go lower?

Cheers!

The height is fine where your at man, i love it already. Funny im usually the one begging for moar low but yours is on point. Btw did you do the harness yourself or third party like wiring specialties or something?

Every Z on this forum doesnt hafta slammed.

Thanks, pal. I cut the chassis harness up myself, but a friend of mine is an electrical engineer, and he'll be helping me with the engine loom. He's incredibly familiar with Datsuns, as well as Skylines and S13's.

^^^^ he's right, its look AMAZING!

Thank-you.

"Here's my story of a rusty car with a bleak future." Looks like the car's future is more than just bleak! Just don't wad it up into a tree or go off of a corner due to a high rate of speed! Project is looking great!! :D

Haha, I'll do my best not to.

I'm worried about the same thing. I build some for my Sunny and hope I don't have to redo them....

Car looks fucking sick!!!!!!!

Congrats!

Thanks, brother.

I'd be worried about the weight of the Sunny not compressing the struts at all. I can't make the coils compress in the S30 by jumping up and down on it - it just doesn't weigh enough. This definitely attributes to missing out on that extra inch of drop. Just make the overall length of the assembly the very shortest you possibly can, and hope for the best!