'72 Shakotan Z RB20DET

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking GOOD! I want to see it on the ground so bad!!!

I can heartily appreciate the work you've put in this thing. I wish I had the time to go to this much detail, but mine is my daily. : (

Thank-you, man!

I kind of lucked out in a sense that I'd already got myself a daily when I decided to build this thing. So, it was just a matter of putting the time in to work on the car - it could be blown apart as long as it needed to be.

Haha, fuck it - since people are askin' anyways. They ended up at around $750 a wheel, shipped to my door in Canada.

Add tires to the equation, and I've got about $4K wrapped up in wheels for this car, haha. :huh:

You might as well spend that kind of cash... look at the swap youre doing in this beast. That watanabes just make it... keep up the work. Once youre done, you wont care what the price was anymore.

While the stance/look/ride height you're after with that wheel and suspension set-up might not be my first choice, I like to see something like this come together ... and I'll second the comments about doing it the way you want.

I wish I could make the time (like you clearly have) to put in on some of my projects ... but life gets in the way. Keep up the good work, we're all pulling for you to get this buttoned up and running.

Subscribed. Looking amazing

Thank-you!

You might as well spend that kind of cash... look at the swap youre doing in this beast. That watanabes just make it... keep up the work. Once youre done, you wont care what the price was anymore.

Definitely. I was sort of at the point where I didn't care what they cost - I wanted them and would budget accordingly until I could afford them, haha.

While the stance/look/ride height you're after with that wheel and suspension set-up might not be my first choice, I like to see something like this come together ... and I'll second the comments about doing it the way you want.

I wish I could make the time (like you clearly have) to put in on some of my projects ... but life gets in the way. Keep up the good work, we're all pulling for you to get this buttoned up and running.

I appreciate the honesty, and the kind words. I'm doing my best to keep at it and see it through to completion. Bit by bit it's coming together as I had hoped it would.

My extended studs showed up at work today, so I pressed those in this evening.

SpacersandStuds.jpg

Began putting fuel things together. The fuel rail, and regulator are going to have their anodizing stripped to keep all the crazy colours down in the engine bay.

FuelSystem1.jpg

FuelSystem2.jpg

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kick ass build!!!

Bought a new toy to help the Datsun along on my own accord.Miller.jpgCan't wait to get back from the States and unleash hell on the thing. It's wild to think that my car is nearly a rolling chassis again.

I have a 211 as well. Do you find the "cold start" difficult for sheet metal? I had a much more primative wire feed before my 211 so it took so getting use to. I've found turning it a bit higher helps for quick zaps. Also I think the "autoset" is AMAZING!!

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kick ass build!!!

I have a 211 as well. Do you find the "cold start" difficult for sheet metal? I had a much more primative wire feed before my 211 so it took so getting use to. I've found turning it a bit higher helps for quick zaps. Also I think the "autoset" is AMAZING!!

Thank-you! That means a great deal coming from you!

And, you're spot on with the 'cold start' issue. I find I'll start it hotter than usual for tacks, and end up turning it down once I've laid a couple. Once it's been running for some time, the heat ratings are usually very accurtate, and 'Autoset' makes it incredibly easy. There's only been a few times with shitty metal that I've adjusted the wirespeed from where the 'Autoset' feature had put it.

Did you have to modify anything to prevent your seat from hitting the door panel? Mine hits my door, but just barely, so Im trying to see if I can adjust it...

Mounting those seats was a a day or two full of very much swearing and frustration. To be honest - I didn't even have doors hung on the car when I mounted them, and it was simply by chance that the shoulder bolsters cleared everything. Getting the seats lined up and straight with everything was a massive pain in the ass. They're both hard-mounted to my preferred location - the passenger can deal with it, haha.

wow, I just mounted mine to the stock sliders... im not too tall so the height is perfect for me and it only took about a hour to do... did you just weld plates to the old mounting points with holes for the sparco?

wow, I just mounted mine to the stock sliders... im not too tall so the height is perfect for me and it only took about a hour to do... did you just weld plates to the old mounting points with holes for the sparco?

That is precisely what I did. I'm 6'2", and knew I wanted to sit really low, so getting the seat on the floor was the top priority. These cars aren't exactly conducive for tall people.

Is that a grip royak wheel?

It's a Mooneyes wheel.