'72 Shakotan Z RB20DET

THANK GOD you changed your mind ! You can't imagine what "losing interest) in the project does to us other "project in the works" people. You are making a BAD A$ BUILD. My wife has even come around to my side on my build and getting toys (tools). Thankyou for not giving up! Keep @ it!

Strangely enough, it was my old man that talked me in to keeping it. I'm glad you guys like it - hopefully I'll get to enjoy it after my hiatus.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me know how you like the front LCA's. I'm about to order their rear LCA's to take out all the toe, and then I'll be in for an alignment.

Actually I think I'm gonna do bushings first

I think they'll work great with what I need 'em to do. I can get crazy camber right now, but it sinks my front wheel in rather far. I bought them for the sake of pushing the wheel out and adding the camber that I desire.

I will also be buying their rear arms in a month or two to fix all the toe that lowering these stupid cars creates.

Im so glad you decided to finish this haha where did you/are you ordering the cage from? Or are you making it?

I'm waiting on the Z-Store to email some photos of how their cage looks compared to the Cusco item I posted. I believe that's just a generic item - but, based on some pictures, the S30 specific 6-points fit super awesome. I want a bolt-in so that I can keep all my interior panels and vinyls intact.

It'll just be coming from an online vendor.

• Like 1

I'm waiting on the Z-Store to email some photos of how their cage looks compared to the Cusco item I posted. I believe that's just a generic item - but, based on some pictures, the S30 specific 6-points fit super awesome. I want a bolt-in so that I can keep all my interior panels and vinyls intact.

It'll just be coming from an online vendor.

Thats exactly what I want too haha Im also looking for either no door bars, or removable ones so I wont have to worry about them unless im at the track or something...

Slammed Z presence is very present ratsun lol

It had to happen. I've got to make a skid plate for my oil pan, as the drain plug might be a little exposed without one. I should have really had somebody modify the oil pan for me before I put it on, but it's whatever at this point.

Nice! I can't afford LCA's this check, so it'll be another couple weeks before I order mine. I'm super jealous.

I like that cage as well, I'm kinda looking around for a 6 point roll bar

They're certainly not cheap. I could do without the A-pillar bars, or halo - but having door bars tied to the front floor was essential. I don't want this car flexing itself to pieces, ahha.

Had to pull all this shitty foam out of the cell, through a holy just big enough to squeeze your hand through.

CellFoam.jpg

Also, one part of my Techno Toy order arrived, and these things are too fucking awesome. I put them in to test fit and they couldn't be better - for $200 you seriously can't beat how easy and awesome these make your caster adjustments.

TensionRodsTechno.jpg

Might want to double check with the fuel cell manufacturer on that foam, IIRC some of those cells have fuel resistant foam inside to help reduce sloshing when they're used in race applications ... so unless there's another reason you want it out, you may not *have* to remove it (though at this point it's out ... so maybe that's a non-issue).