'72 Shakotan Z RB20DET

No se hablar ingles, trato de entender poco y nada de aqui con googletraductor.

conoci el foro por qe yo tenia una coupe datsun, lamentablemente la vendi cosa de la cual estoy muy arrepentido!

salu2

No hay ninguna razón que no podía encontrar otro! Estoy usando la misma cosa para traducir, haha.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Admin: my stupid pos phone voted 3 stars on this thread when I was attempting to hit the project datto link directly above the stars. If I was trying to vote on this thread I certainly would've given it 5 stars just saying that should be fixed:)

Admin: my stupid pos phone voted 3 stars on this thread when I was attempting to hit the project datto link directly above the stars. If I was trying to vote on this thread I certainly would've given it 5 stars just saying that should be fixed:)

You can re-vote...

Hey, thanks! :)

So, I was looking through T3's website again and thought this would look pretty. So, DUH! Had to have it, haha...

zmustachebar.jpg

They didn't have the rad hoses in stock for me this evening, but they did have a clutch!

Clutch-1.jpg

Clutch2.jpg

Several question for ya.

WHERE U BUY CLUTCH AND HOW MUCH MONIES?!??

Also, did it come with a pressure plate?

I got it locally, at a place called JRP - and, it came to about $500 after taxes. That's the pressure plate you see sittin' beside it there!

oh jesus, 500? I'll hold off till you get it running and drive it so I'll see how well it works and hold up to abuse. :P

I thought was alright for what it is, haha. Once you start messing around with twin and triple plates is when you're looking at $1800 - $2500 clutches! I'm sure the stock clutch would have been well suited to the power figure I'm shooting for, but I just wanted the added security of knowing I could kick the shit out of it.

Hey sorry if I missed this in your thread but are you going to run a skid plate to protect the oil pan? You might have more clearance than me, im running the stock engine for now:(

Skid plate will be a definite. Right now my oil pan is above my cross member, but just barely. I'm going to drill some holes, and weld some nuts in to the engine cross member so I can just bolt a skid plate on.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, guys! It's always nice to see people backing what you're doing. I'm on a bit of a hiatus from car work right now, as the weather is beautiful, and I'm waiting on some parts. But, soon enough I'll try and do something cool - promise!

Has anyone on here ever used the Wilwood brake kits? I was at TMP on Wednesday night and there was an '73 with stock brakes having an hard time flogging it down the straight because the brakes were holding him back. I know my car is only a street car, but I can't help but feel like the stock brakes will still be lacking something. That, and I'm truly sick of seeing drums in the rear.

Looking at these for the front...

ww%20front%20brakes.jpg

And, this for the rear...

240z%20rdb%20maxima.jpg

Thoughts?

Those look sexy man. I may have to pick up some TTT stuff when I start digging into suspension.

I would highly recommend it, dude. Having an awesome alignment will make the money spending totally worth it.

they make quality shit, but their customer sucks ass. Other than that I would deal with them again, im thinking about running their front wilwood stuff and alreadt have there first run brackets for the maxima rears

That's surprising actually. I spoke with Al from Datsun Parts LLC shortly after I'd posted that first comment, and he answered every question I had with confidence. I ended up ordering both of those kits I pictured above minus the lines. He was super helpful, and cut me a great deal for what it's worth.

What was your experience with them?

Dude this build is SOO epic! I've been following as a bystander for the past few months and all i can say is WOW! Totally an inspiration whenever I look at my project in the garage! Wish I had your knowledge but still, this is an awesome project.

Keep up the great work!

That's surprising actually. I spoke with Al from Datsun Parts LLC shortly after I'd posted that first comment, and he answered every question I had with confidence. I ended up ordering both of those kits I pictured above minus the lines. He was super helpful, and cut me a great deal for what it's worth.

What was your experience with them?

It was for my rear brake brackets not fitting correctly since they were'nt marked on which directionally marked and could fit on either side but that wasnt it. I sent it out a day after i called then it took them 3.5 weeks to send them back just to tell me i installed them wrong, then when i called they kept saying we will send them out over and over. That aside I would deal with them again though because i bought an 15/16 MC from them and something else (cant remember) with those going smoothly, just one of those moments.

Dude this build is SOO epic! I've been following as a bystander for the past few months and all i can say is WOW! Totally an inspiration whenever I look at my project in the garage! Wish I had your knowledge but still, this is an awesome project.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks very much! Any knowledge has just come from asking questions, and researching anything you need to know. The internet has been an excellent tool.

It was for my rear brake brackets not fitting correctly since they were'nt marked on which directionally marked and could fit on either side but that wasnt it. I sent it out a day after i called then it took them 3.5 weeks to send them back just to tell me i installed them wrong, then when i called they kept saying we will send them out over and over. That aside I would deal with them again though because i bought an 15/16 MC from them and something else (cant remember) with those going smoothly, just one of those moments.

Ahhh, fair enough! Yeah, I bought one of their huge master cylinders, also.