'72 Shakotan Z RB20DET

Here's a picture of my truck I liked from the weekend. I don't give this thing enough credit for functioning every day!

GrandBend.jpg

Dude its actually a really good looking truck there have been much worse dailys

• Like 1
  • Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EPIC FUCKING BUILD!!!!!!!! with that being said, stay on track itll all be worth it in the end. DONT GIVE UP ON IT. you have WAYY to much capability and talent in fabrication to give up on what could ultimately be YOUR LEGACY. their is plenty of guys out there that wish they could get down like you... i dont have the experience yet , but im working on it.. (thank god for my dad lol) . a disservice to AMERICA would be to ever see this thing for sale (yes, im aware you live in canada. small technicality) to us in the automotive game, we dont see these as a thing, we see these as an expression of our own personality and creativity.. THIS CAR IS LIKE YOUR KID.. not sure how it goes up there. but down here, you dont sell your kid...

p.s. CAPS LOCK = outdoor voice, not yelling.. i swear

p.s. . your build makes me wonder why im not practicing making shit instead of writing this fucking essay...

• Like 1

Dude its actually a really good looking truck there have been much worse dailys

It's a love/ hate relationship. I do have a great deal of fun in it!

EPIC FUCKING BUILD!!!!!!!! with that being said, stay on track itll all be worth it in the end. DONT GIVE UP ON IT. you have WAYY to much capability and talent in fabrication to give up on what could ultimately be YOUR LEGACY. their is plenty of guys out there that wish they could get down like you... i dont have the experience yet , but im working on it.. (thank god for my dad lol) . a disservice to AMERICA would be to ever see this thing for sale (yes, im aware you live in canada. small technicality) to us in the automotive game, we dont see these as a thing, we see these as an expression of our own personality and creativity.. THIS CAR IS LIKE YOUR KID.. not sure how it goes up there. but down here, you dont sell your kid...

p.s. CAPS LOCK = outdoor voice, not yelling.. i swear

p.s. . your build makes me wonder why im not practicing making shit instead of writing this fucking essay...

This car is going nowhere, man. Don't you worry!

• Like 1

Came home to an awesome surprise this afternoon from S&R Knives. Two awesome fucking Ka-Bars;

Ka-Bars.jpg

Also got the CORRECT clutch this time around. Z32 N/A clutch, so it's the right pressure plate, AND clutch diameter. You'll see another set of ricer lugs behind that box, too! ;)

Z32Clutch.jpg

Picked up some shit from the powdercoaters. It's way more a beigy-tan in real life. I think it looks great!

CoatedBeige.jpg

Well then in that case I'll let it slide....

Any idea when the motor'll be in for good?

Waiting on the flywheel right now, and I've got to get a reducer welded on my water neck. After that I might just be able to dump 'er in for wiring.

Yeah but you can shove a 17 on them and still losen the lug nuts, so much for "wheel locks" haha. I figured you had a good reason you usually buy quality shit with quality work from yourself. Get rid of them when you can though

They'll get some fancy pants ones like the fronts when it comes time for the streetz.

To say that this evening sucked is an understatement. Assembling brakes based on three shitty photos pretty much blows, only to find out the roll-center adjusters don't clear my wheels, and then passing a cop while I was going a top-speed run out in the sticks on the way home. Fucking horseshit!

Began with this;

RearDiscPictures.jpg

Cursed a couple times, and ended up here;

RearDiscs2-1.jpg

Had to show the 10mm some love in hopes of clearing the roll center adjusters. No such fucking luck. I've got to do extended studs in the front, and run a different slip-on.

SpacerRD.jpg

FUCK!

Bump-Steer.jpg

These made me smile for the most part. Except the part where the old caliper bolts don't work anymore, fuckers.

WilwoodVise.jpg

WilwoodsFront.jpg

They look so awesome behind the Watanabes in the front.

0193.jpg

That's it for car work until my flywheel gets here, then I'll head back up.

FUCK!

Bump-Steer.jpg

Shit! Looks like I'm gonna have the same issue then, only way worse.

Would something like this:

http://www.thezstore.../PSDC11/23-4181

work? Sounds like it shortens up the steering knuckle a little bit. Not sure if you have other pictures, but I would be interested to see how much interference there is.

Alternatively maybe a shorter bump steer spacer?

http://www.thezstore.../PSDC11/23-4185

Won't work to correct the geometry as well but might be a good compromise.

Shit! Looks like I'm gonna have the same issue then, only way worse.

Would something like this:

http://www.thezstore.../PSDC11/23-4181

work? Sounds like it shortens up the steering knuckle a little bit. Not sure if you have other pictures, but I would be interested to see how much interference there is.

Alternatively maybe a shorter bump steer spacer?

http://www.thezstore.../PSDC11/23-4185

Won't work to correct the geometry as well but might be a good compromise.

Realistically, either one of those would probably work. I figure since I've got these RCA's already, I might as well use them. I really only need a few milimetres to clear the tie-rod end.

Or just shave those down , doesn't look like much is needed to clear the wheel

My old man suggested the same thing - It'll be easy enough to just throw on a 5mm on there anyways, though. Having the new studs in the front will just be a bonus.

Lucked out on the Hybrid Z board. Those guys were actually really accommodating to a first-time poster and were more than willing to dish out nice parts for decent prices - was really pleased to see that. Committed to purchasing these hubs, and am pending a sale on another set as a 'just in case'. Spare parts as these I feel will be nice to have come time for burnouts;

Hubs240Z.jpg

Also picked up some slightly larger slip-ons after work so I don't have that tie rod issue anymore.

Twenty-MilSlipz.jpg

Am waiting on rear hubs, and extended studs for the front hubs to continue on this fun-lovin' turd.