'72 Shakotan Z RB20DET

Canada is in the house!!! just read the thread in one hour, well skimmed everything but the oics :rolleyes:

Holding it down for rusty cars across the province, haha!

Picked up a couple goodies yesterday and this afternoon. Grabbed my weld-on quick release, as well as my rebuilt brake booster - everything about it is so much nicer now.

QuickRelease1.jpg

QuickRelease2.jpg

BrakeBooster1.jpg

BrakeBooster2.jpg

Should look a hell of a lot tidier in there now.

• Like 1
  • Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting myself psyched to pour the cocks to this thing over the fall and winter months. I want this shit totally fucking finished mid-way through winter. Save money in to the spring for a spare set of Wat's or MK3's for endless burnouts.

Continued where I left off the other night.

Splinez.jpg

Before;

SplineBefore.jpg

After;

SplineAfter.jpg

HubWelded.jpg

My tension rod cups were destroyed on the drivers side, so I welded on the old washers from the factory arms and drilled them out to accept the new washers on the T3 rods. Awfully nice meow.

TensionRodCups.jpg

I brought a bunch of milk crates and storage bins to tidy my space further, and found this in the bottom of one of my old boxes. Like a fucking chump! :(

SteeringWheelSurround2.jpg

SteeringWheelSurround.jpg

Anyone have a black surround they'd like to send me?

I brought a bunch of milk crates and storage bins to tidy my space further, and found this in the bottom of one of my old boxes. Like a fucking chump! :(

SteeringWheelSurround2.jpg

SteeringWheelSurround.jpg

Anyone have a black surround they'd like to send me?

Oof! I might be hitting up a junkyard tomorrow in hopes of finding a 4.11 rear dif, and I can see if they have one for ya. Is the 240 piece different from the 280 piece?

• Like 2

Oof! I might be hitting up a junkyard tomorrow in hopes of finding a 4.11 rear dif, and I can see if they have one for ya. Is the 240 piece different from the 280 piece?

I don't honestly know! :( I'm gonna have a look in the Black Dragon catalog at work later and see if they're still selling these pieces.

Also - excellent decision on the 4.11's, haha!

The 260 and 280z steering column covers are the same but slightly dif then the 240z one. They are interchangeable to someone who doesnt care about using the correct one.

This thing's gonna rip!

Haha, I certainly hope so! I wanna have fun.

are those little storage cubby's or somethin? if they are OE sorry, i don't know Z's well =/

project is comin along good i will say :thumbup:

They are rather convenient little storage spots for the scissor jack from the factory, as well as tools. They fit the small deep-cycle batteries really well, also! ;)

haha alright, Ill clean them up and everything for you!

You're the bestest!

The 260 and 280z steering column covers are the same but slightly dif then the 240z one. They are interchangeable to someone who doesnt care about using the correct one.

Do you know in which way they're actually different? I did manage to find some ones on Ebay that were relatively inexpensive. It's a kick in the nuts to have to buy shit out of my own neglect.

The 240z (I believe there are 2 dif ones) are simple and smoother, the bottom being flat. The 280z has extra contours, one major being the ridge where the key goes under the bottom. Believe early 260 used the same as the late 240. They say that with the tail lights too though Idk honestly there.

I bet even a s30 nut wouldnt even notice an incorrect column cover between 240/280 but that said I wouldnt replace mine with an incorrect one. Not a purist thing, just peace of mind I guess.

• 2 weeks later...