'72 Shakotan Z RB20DET

Just read through the whole thread. It's weird watching the things you saw happen in person with a narrative.

PS. Hi Oliver!

Haha, fancy seeing you here! Inspiration is plentiful on these boards - tons of knowledge too, as I'm sure you've already noticed.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That S10 looks pretty cool. I'd like to see more of it

Thanks! It's leaving me this Friday. I honestly never thought I'd get rid of the thing, but having a brand new daily is going to be the best thing ever. Way more focus on the Z now. :)

For 80whp and a welded diff, it certainly did monstrous burnouts.

IMG_0060.jpg

177646_423683047693396_1042533003_o.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

• Like 1

What happened to the "offer you couldn't refuse" on this? Now you're scrapping it? I think I missed something.

Buyer flaked after I'd already put money down on the car. Took it as a lesson learned, don't count your eggs before they hatch. I'm only out a little bit of money after I part it out, but I'll be nice and cozy in the new daily. Plus driving that thing to work this morning looking like that was well worth it!

As far as the look of the truck; we decided to give it a vented aero package and some branding. The vented bed whistles the melody from Angel Of Death if I hit limiter just right.

• Like 2

Idk, I loved the truck minus the new louvers. If you were closer I would have picked up from you for sure

Yeah, I had a bunch of people offer to buy it, but it was only worth maybe $1000 in it's current state, but I've got about $3000 worth of stuff to part out from it. It's a 4-cyl that burns copious amounts of oil, and has 300K on it. Worthless by all standards.

Hasn't been much work on the car as of late, because I just can't get motivated to drive an hour round trip just to work on the girl for a couple hours. Decided to bring her on home, and finish it up in the comfort of my own garage. It will be nice to be able to bang out small jobs each night without having to worry about driving anywhere.

It's just my old man and I that live at home, so I took over one of the spare bedrooms for storage of car parts. This was the first load that came back from the shop this evening. Probably about half of what I have there, including my welder, torches, bottles, and tool cabinet. Everything should be at home for the end of next week! Really excited about this change up;

BedroomPano.jpg

Also bought a small shelter for out back of the garage to house my welder, torches, motor stand, and any other large commodities that take up a substantial amount of space when they're not in use. This way I can just roll them in to the garage when I need them, and they're out of the way.

Shelter.jpg

2eDeYe' timestamp='1352995685' post='795584']

Nothing like being able to tackle projects at your leisure. :)

Right? That's exactly my thinking! Need a small job done? No problem, I'll just step two feet in to my garage and bang it out in an hour without having to make an entire evening of a trip to the shop.

Realistically, having a space as large as I did was definitely helpful to get me to the point I'm at. But, anything that's left is definitely manageable in the space I have available at home.

Those tow hooks were on the car when I got it - thee way they were I kind of just figured they were factory. This car has had far too many panels replaced in it's history. Hence the desire for a Canadian California shell, haha! This is why I decided not to paint the car, and just clear over the bare metal, because of it's worthlessness.

I'm thankful I got to learn on a shell that wasn't worth keeping, though. I know precisely what I want to do when the time comes to reshell this thing, and after that it will most definitely be a car worth keeping for life.