'72 Shakotan Z RB20DET

20mm slip ons? damn lol

I have been looking for a affordable set of 15mm to bump out my fronts a little more.

To be honest, I wish I didn't have to use 'em - I've got enough adjustable links in the front end to put my wheel wherever it needs to be, though.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

her name's "Alysha Nett"

nice thread btw.

Psh... Welcome to four posts ago!

I KNEW something good was going to come of this thread one day. Fuck yeah, Tristin!

You're welcome buddy. I should have known it was her... When I first saw her images, I said the same Tea Leoni line. Should have clicked. Once you gave me a larger image I knew who it was.

Glad something came of this thread and I could help.

• Like 1

Had a bit of a lazy week, but got some shit did. My rear spline shafts came in the mail from California, and I happily began to assemble my last hub. Obviously it didn't go smoothly, as all three holes I need to bolt the adapter to are stripped right out. I'm going to drill them out, weld some nuts to the back, and then use longer bolts to make it through. Those should be here on Monday. Going to have to break it apart once again...

RearHubStripped.jpg

Grabbed all the T-Bolt Clamps I needed for my intake piping. Just crossing off shit to buy one by one.

T-BoltClamps.jpg

Welded my drain plug shut on my oil pan.

SkidePlate6.jpg

Not sure if I've ever really touched on the oil pan that's currently on my motor. It's one of the Enjuku oil pans, and it looks like a pile of shit. Very crudely assembled, but it doesn't leak, and it is pretty well baffled inside. Anyways, for whatever stupid reason - they put the drain plug on the very bottom of the pan. This was the only little bit that had a possibility of being sheared off as the rest of the pan tucks marginally above my crossmember.

SkidPlate7.jpg

I knew I needed a skid plate of some sort, but I didn't want to fuck around welding shit to my crossmember. Initially I wanted to section the pan and raise it about an inch, but the pick-up wouldn't allow me to do so. In the end, I decided I'd just relocate the drain plug and armour the pan in a way that would protect it, but not destroy it if it were to ever touch the ground. And, so - you have the following;

SkidPlate5.jpg

SkidPlate4.jpg

Bent up a skid plate that would weld directly to the pan. I left about a quarter of an inch between the two panels so that there would be some give should anything smash the skid plate.

SkidPlate3.jpg