'72 Shakotan Z RB20DET

Great project. I LOVE the wheel choice. Glad to see that you decided to keep it and finish it.

I would recommend doing something to secure the fuel cell across the bottom some how. Those tabs were only intended to hold the cell down to the floor of a car, not to support the whole weight of a full fuel cell. It would suck to have them break while on the road.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great project. I LOVE the wheel choice. Glad to see that you decided to keep it and finish it.

I would recommend doing something to secure the fuel cell across the bottom some how. Those tabs were only intended to hold the cell down to the floor of a car, not to support the whole weight of a full fuel cell. It would suck to have them break while on the road.

Thank-you!

Some flat stock similar to what I made the brackets out of should do the trick.

Nice work!

I know what it is like to want to give up a project. With my latest I havent felt once like giving it up but I also came to a conclusion when I bought it that it might be sitting for years before it gets done. I am fine with that. I had around 4 510's and gave up two to stupid excuses and it turns out that I was just feeling no sense of accomplishment.

Nice work!

I know what it is like to want to give up a project. With my latest I havent felt once like giving it up but I also came to a conclusion when I bought it that it might be sitting for years before it gets done. I am fine with that. I had around 4 510's and gave up two to stupid excuses and it turns out that I was just feeling no sense of accomplishment.

I agree.... The best builds take either lots of time or lots of money. I'm at three years myself and still have lots of ideas and things I want to do.

Once again - thanks everybody! Small update as the car was mostly neglected this week. I'll try and put more in to it this week - getting ready to buy a shit load of parts again. :)

PlateFrame.jpg

Used 1/2" foam between it all as Mission had suggested.

CellStraps.jpg

"you have enough nos there to blow you and your car up"fast and the furious

nozzzzz!

The ricer within screamed at me to buy that bottle. My old man's going to set me up with some solenoids so I can purge it from the rain gutter. I'm giddy just thinking about it, haha.

Man I just read this whole build, your skills make me feel like a bolt-on pussy.

Well done dude. Wish I could see this car...

Thanks a lot, man! I've said it before, but being able to learn on a car like the Z makes things a lot 'easier' I guess. There's nothing complicated about them, and making things work has been relatively straight forward. Thank-you, regardless. :)

Took the suspension out for the millionth time this evening, and hopefully for one of the last. Had to take it out in anticipation for the T3 arms that are due in shortly.

ArmsNight4.jpg

Out they come...

ArmNight3.jpg

Best tool in the world.

ArmsNight2.jpg

Blown apart on a table again, hah.

ArmsNight.jpg

So, I'm still waiting on parts from Techno Toy Tuning, and I can't help but feel as though I'm being dicked around a little bit.

I'd asked about combining shipping on a couple items, as they were still in the process of manufacturing my lower arms when I decided I'd like to order some more parts. I asked them to throw the roll center adjusters in the box when they shipped my lower arms in order to save a little bit of cash, and here was their response;

Gmail1.jpg

Assuming this had meant they'd been shipped before the 12th of April, I was a little curious as to why, in just about May now - I still hadn't seen my parts. I fired off a brief inquiry for a tracking number, just to make sure things were still on track, and this was the response I received;

Gmail2.jpg

I haven't responded just yet, as I'd like to revise my words before I start poking around. But, seriously - what the fuck?

they shipped on the 20th and you still havent received them.... huh... and they couldnt throw in the parts cause they already "shipped" on the 12th,

im not generally one to complain but it sounds like there dicking you around a bit, cause 10 days later and you still havent recieved the first shipment? lets face it, if shipping these days takes longer then 7 buisness days its a weird occurance.....

they shipped on the 20th and you still havent received them.... huh... and they couldnt throw in the parts cause they already "shipped" on the 12th,

im not generally one to complain but it sounds like there dicking you around a bit, cause 10 days later and you still havent recieved the first shipment? lets face it, if shipping these days takes longer then 7 buisness days its a weird occurance.....

That's what I mean! Normally I'm really quite patient, and will just let things show up as they do without so much as asking for a tracking number. I cleared the payment for shipping on these items on March 16th! <_<

PayPalPayment.jpg

That's what I mean! Normally I'm really quite patient, and will just let things show up as they do without so much as asking for a tracking number. I cleared the payment for shipping on these items on March 16th! <_<

PayPalPayment.jpg

They're doing the same crap to me! I placed my order a couple weeks ago for rear LCAs and bump steers and they don't have the material to make them yet apparently. TTT is failing.

They're doing the same crap to me! I placed my order a couple weeks ago for rear LCAs and bump steers and they don't have the material to make them yet apparently. TTT is failing.

At this point I just want to know my shit is going to arrive, and that I won't have to file a PayPal claim. My old email address was compromised in the midst of all this, so I've got no access to the confirmations of payment, or any of the original emails. Really hoping I don't get fucked on this.

At this point I just want to know my shit is going to arrive, and that I won't have to file a PayPal claim. My old email address was compromised in the midst of all this, so I've got no access to the confirmations of payment, or any of the original emails. Really hoping I don't get fucked on this.

This is the first time I've heard anything negative about their customer service, so hopefully things will work themselves out. They told me they hope to ship my order out on Friday, so I'll let you know what happens.

Welp, here goes nothin';

Muchas gracias, amigo! Una locura pensar que la gente en Argentina está leyendo este hilo.

No se hablar ingles, trato de entender poco y nada de aqui con googletraductor.

conoci el foro por qe yo tenia una coupe datsun, lamentablemente la vendi cosa de la cual estoy muy arrepentido!

salu2