'72 Shakotan Z RB20DET

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Done right!

I have dreamed of building a shako Z...this is pretty much it Oliver!

I'm working on a secret sticker project for "special cars"...when it's done, I'm just going send them to you if they are ending up on that Z!!!

droooooool....

And this gives me bad thoughts about my Jetta VR6. Argh, trying so hard to leave the one stock car in our house alone!

039-1.jpg

Done right!

I have dreamed of building a shako Z...this is pretty much it Oliver!

I'm working on a secret sticker project for "special cars"...when it's done, I'm just going send them to you if they are ending up on that Z!!!

droooooool....

And this gives me bad thoughts about my Jetta VR6. Argh, trying so hard to leave the one stock car in our house alone!

Thanks so much, Jun. If you make 'em, I'd love to put them on the Z!

Trust, dog. If all goes well on Thursday, the car will be set on the ground for the first time in 16 months. If not, then I'll have to wait another week for two more tires.

*Edit*

Caved in to my own stress-case of a mind. Instead of dealing with the fuckery of blowing on a stretch like that, I've decided to get the 205/50's put on the 9.5J's tomorrow, and I've ordered another two tires. Waiting on the BFG G-Forces to arrive to put on the 10J's. 215/50's, to make it a little less aggressive, and not nearly as tough a sidewall as the Star Specs.

Kind of bummed to not have those super awesome tires in the back, but I'll get over it... Maybe. :(

Picked up my BOV from a friends shop.

AMSBOV.jpg

Got the last couplers I needed for my turbo inlet.

IntakeCouplers.jpg

And, picked up everything I was lacking for my fuel system. Except, returning that stainless line for the black Kevlar-braided line, as there was a mix-up.

FuelSupply.jpg

Rear tires should come in early next week. WHICH MEANS I CAN FINALLY PUT MY CAR ON THE GROUND! :D

Fuck it, give me the Star Specs. I'll run them on my 15x10's

Haha, the sidewalls were too stiff to let themselves be blown on MY 15x10J's! That's why I put the 205/50 Star Specs on the 9.5J's.

$200 plus shipping and the 195/50's are yours, brother!

This is Liams 1JZ-powered A31 Cefiro - he's the other half of Dorimoto/ Odd Couple. We've built our cars in tandem this winter, from two different cities. Kit's going in for paint this weekend, and all he has left to do is re-install the dash. Shit is mind-blowing in real life, and yes - this IS the permanent ride height.

dsc2707.jpg

• Like 1

Most of you will skip these next few pictures and skip to the bottom. I would, anyways.

Aaron dropped off the shifter plate spacer he milled for me. Fucking awesome - shifter is sosososo good now!

ShifterSpacer.jpg

ShifterSpacer2.jpg

Seat's all bolted in where it needs to be. If you crouch down it looks hilarious.

SeatHeight.jpg

Most of you will skip these next few pictures and skip to the bottom. I would, anyways.

Aaron dropped off the shifter plate spacer he milled for me. Fucking awesome - shifter is sosososo good now!

There will be no skipping ..there is far to much to see...

...Never posted because ( like now ) i have no useful info other than to say i like what your doing..

:thumbup:

Haha, I was grinnin' like that last night.

There will be no skipping ..there is far to much to see...

...Never posted because ( like now ) i have no useful info other than to say i like what your doing..

That's more useful than you think. As much as I'm building this car around my own personal tastes and likes, it feels great to know that people are in to what I'm building. Thank-you! :)

would you mind sharing where you purchased your wheels from?

Your Z is badass and I want to see it on the ground NOW!

Thanks a lot, dude!

As for the wheels; I bought those directly from Watanabe RS in Japan. It was about a 5 month process for me to get those wheels - from my initial inquiry, until they finally arrived at my door.