jalen

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but roads in Washington don't like low cats at all especially freeways

hahahaha too true.

you can drive shit that low in like AZ or somewhere flat. but your fucked in the NW :lol:

alot of low dattos look great, but I just find the whole "hella flush" hard parking thing ridiculous.

I feel like its just the next bandwagon.

the fanboy bandwagon went from F&F hondas, to jdm tyte yo! drifter 240sx's and now there moving on to hardparking....

they look good (Indy and sixty nine dime are great examples) but like Indy has said many times,

its that low for pics, you cant drive it like that.

and if you cant drive a car... whats the point?

if I want to spend money on a car I can only look at...

.... Ill spend the money on a nice frame.

and I know not all slammed cars are hardparked.

and props to those that still use their car..... well, like a car. lol

just my thoughts and 2 cents tho.

I dig this this thread, esp cuz your one of the younger dudes.

and I dig ComicArtist's thread too, I stay up to date on both along with many others.

Lows a lifestyle!

Most people who drive slammed cars and are into the whole hard parked thing say this... why? Proof right there this whole slammed hard parked thing is just another fad. It'll die off in a couple years and all these bandwagoners will move onto the next thing.

hahahaha too true.

you can drive shit that low in like AZ or somewhere flat. but your fucked in the NW :lol:

alot of low dattos look great, but I just find the whole "hella flush" hard parking thing ridiculous.

the fanboy bandwagon went from F&F hondas, to jdm tyte yo! drifter 240sx's and now there moving on to hardparking....

they look good (Indy and sixty nine dime are great examples) but like Indy has said many times,

its that low for pics, you cant drive it like that.

and if you cant drive a car... whats the point?

if I want to spend money on a car I can only look at...

.... Ill spend the money on a nice frame.

and I know not all slammed cars are hardparked.

and props to those that still use their car..... well, like a car. lol

just my thoughts and 2 cents tho.

I dig this this thread, esp cuz your one of the younger dudes.

and I dig ComicArtist's thread too, I stay up to date on both along with many others.

Werd.

Next? Lol, its pretty much been here for the past 2-3 year with all the stanced/hellaflush/form>func/hard parkin blogs n forums that have surface recently-ish.

This is very very true especially living in the bay area "capitol of fatlace" see all the fanboys quite often.

Jalen did you ever use the integra springs with collars?

Most people who drive slammed cars and are into the whole hard parked thing say this... why? Proof right there this whole slammed hard parked thing is just another fad. It'll die off in a couple years and all these bandwagoners will move onto the next thing.

Werd.

Just for clarification i dont drive a slammed car, simply quoting the "bandwagoners" as you put it and all my friends who give me shit when i make fun of them for scraping over speed bumps and dogding man holes!

Edit: Oh and what does hard parked mean? never heard that before

Hardparking, show queen, trailer queen, garage princess, and mall cruiser are pretty much "done up" cars that only park and goto meets but never actually USE there parts other than to show off .

Edit: people forget that parts say "for racing use only"

some forget that parts also say "recommended for offroad use only." or just "for offroad use only!"

are google must be different haha mine popped up a bunch of YouTube videos of a guy explaining how to setup a honda with a strut bar.

are google must be different haha mine popped up a bunch of YouTube videos of a guy explaining how to setup a honda with a strut bar.

Let us know how it goes, ive never done it but will have to on my 510 in the upcoming weeks

how do you remove the strut from the strut tube?

At the top of the strut tube, where the shock piston comes out of the strut tube, there's a bigass hex nut. Its like 2 inches, you can't miss it. The shock piston goes right through the middle of it. I had to use a pipe wrench and a big hammer to get mine off.

Cut below the threads, weld the thread part back on...

Yup ^^^

In addition, be careful not to burn through when welding back on... some struts have pretty thin tubing. ... best bet is welding with gas ... or just be extra careful without ;)

Yup ^^^

In addition, be careful not to burn through when welding back on... some struts have pretty thin tubing. ... best bet is welding with gas ... or just be extra careful without ;)

I have also heard of using a copper tube inside right behind the welding, not aware of the usefulness...

What they said, try to do short beads, don't wanna warp the tube.

A old Welder told me that if you put copper anything behind you're welding you have less chance of warping it, cause the copper acts like a heat sink and absorbs the heat from the weld. haven't welded long enough to use the method though