Trolling and teh lolz 2.8

jalen

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry guys about not posting the video, i got sick and then went on vacation ill get one tomorrow for sure.

I went to the san juans cool.gif

1320223456_select_image_131_Image_0_N.jpg

Which island? I grew up, and graduated on Lopez.

Lopez haha, i love that island. The locals are friendly!

Have you ever been to Watmough bay? (south end) AMAZING!!!!! My favorite place in the world. When I die, my ashes are being scattered there.

Then just do s13's, cause you less of a headache. Go on zilvia.net and find tons of deals on legit coilovers new/used. I bought a set of s13 KTS awhile back for about 500-600 bucks, then sold em to jz33 for 300ish i think. If you wanna be super awesome fancy (if i go s13 in the future, i will) look into serial nine strut tube's gives dat bling yo. Im guessing you would just cut and rethread it the actual strut tube?never heard of actually cutting the strut before. Woulda did that to my kts if i coulda, but meh im right at the height i want.

disgusted-impossibru-l.png

So i have a front lip from an isuzu pickup and extra time on my hands, so im thinking about modifying it to fit on the z.

http://www.google.co...1t:429,r:5,s:44

Jalen,

go with it, if you can get it cheap or free, you have no exscuse to give it a shot, get a roll of blue 3m tape, mock it up, measure a LOT.....and go from there. Take pics just in case it turns out real good, then others can see how you went about it....good stuff....keep it coming...and yes cut the strut tubes too....youll have more options.

Im sure your aware you can lower your car by spending maybe 40.00, until you get the coils you want?

I've been driving on my dc2's for the last few days and love them. However, if I was to do it again, I'd do S13s simply because it's the same amount of work, and they're considerably beefier. You're still going to need to weld in upper plates, whether they're camber plates or S13 uppers.

The bolt pattern much wider than the original z's uppermouting holes, wont work unless you modify the strut mounts so you cant use the camber plates that come with it, also makes shopping easier since all you need is shocks,spring,perches and lower mounts. Eventually im gonna try are different rather than s13/dc2/GC setup eventually. Anybody else heard of cutting actual strut tube?

Jalen,

go with it, if you can get it cheap or free, you have no exscuse to give it a shot, get a roll of blue 3m tape, mock it up, measure a LOT.....and go from there. Take pics just in case it turns out real good, then others can see how you went about it....good stuff....keep it coming...and yes cut the strut tubes too....youll have more options.

Im sure your aware you can lower your car by spending maybe 40.00, until you get the coils you want?

The bolt pattern much wider than the original z's uppermouting holes, wont work unless you modify the strut mounts so you cant use the camber plates that come with it, also makes shopping easier since all you need is shocks,spring,perches and lower mounts. Eventually im gonna try are different rather than s13/dc2/GC setup eventually. Anybody else heard of cutting actual strut tube?

yeah i went into this build pretty blindly. i ave learned a lot of things about z cars in the last couple of months. and with the seat-belts i have simpson 5 point racing harness's. that hook up to to the 2 factory locations and the strut bar i fabbed up.

I plan on updating this thread with a ton of Oics soon cool.gifrolleyes.gif

hey buddy trust me with the harnesses, your gonna want an actual harness bar that goes across both strut towers and comes out toward the front a little so that the adjustments on the shoulder straps dont snap your caller bones if and when you smash this thing into a wall. ive been around harnesses since i was about 10yo with dragracing and off roading to know that those adjustment brackets can eff your shit up if your not careful.

cutting and sleaving is a tedious process, best way to do it is to take the gas shock out of the strut, measure out how far you wanna drop it, take like an insh or 2 out of the center and then use a pipe cutter to make a nice clean even cut. after that measure out your sleave from a piece of 2.5" post and drill some spot weld holes and put it all back together. im doin it on my friends dime, i woulda taken some pictures but it was dark most of the night here lol

Thats the strut housing not strut tube guess my add was kickin in, i shouldnt post retarted early in the mornin just took outta context. I had to do that on my z31t (s13 Kts)and s30z-(kts n dc2) i was about go outta my friggin mind for sec. Make a decision what coils you going for? Too bad all the s30's on ratsun cant meet up....or can they?