Trolling and teh lolz 2.8

jalen

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you even need weldable, is there really that much of a difference for a Z between weld and bolt on camber plates? I would say if it's just going to cost more so you can say you have them it's not worth it... kind of like rear disc brakes on a 510... unless you have stupid power you really don't need them.

Do you even need weldable, is there really that much of a difference for a Z between weld and bolt on camber plates? I would say if it's just going to cost more so you can say you have them it's not worth it... kind of like rear disc brakes on a 510... unless you have stupid power you really don't need them.

Weldable are cheaper. Like half the price. He is debating spending the extra $100 for a bolt in deal, or the weld in which then he would need to rely on his friend and his friend's welding skills.

so i had the money to buy dc2 coils but something came up and had to buy something else. so i cut my springs and am tucking rim. im thinking about sectioning the strut and re welding it together to get another 2 inches.

• 2 weeks later...

Those won't work with the s30. They have to have removable lower mounts for independent height and preload, and those are all one piece.

Word, unless he's going to put in a threaded insert in the strut tube or something. Jalen you need coilovers that have a lower mount (piece the coilover shock body threads into) that can be welded to the existing strut tube unless they have the same thread pitch and O.D diameter of the stock strut tube. If you wanna go the cheap effective route for those buy the parts individually since you dont need the top hats and bushings.

Those won't work at all.

If you want the cheapest setup, PM me. I'm running coilovers, but I bought the ZCC tubes to weld in and still have the front brackets that came with the stock coilovers. If you can buy a cheap set of EMusa coils or Megan Coils you can use 4 front brackets (as they are steel) on front and back and weld them onto the suspension and be good. That's the cheapest option and you'll be slammed if you go that way. It's not pretty, but does the trick.

Here's a old thread with broken picture links, but it talks about what he did with 4 brackets.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/87193-just-finished-s13-coilovers-into-s30/page__hl__emusa__st__35

The only thing you'd need are the top plates, which you can get for decently cheap as well. 30 bucks + some beer for a welder friend to cut and weld for you.

http://www.zccjdm.co...2117405/HYBRIDZ