Trolling and teh lolz 2.8

jalen

you guys annoy the hell out of me sometimes.

Weld on coils or coilovers i dont care how you say it.

i wanted to do flares, but do to budgets and not having a part time job. Its not gonna happen for awhile.

i have spent 17 pages of learning about z's and dissembling mine, its time to start putting it back together and get it on the road. OICS will becoming either tonight or tommorow afternoon.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tristin-thanks haha

S.O.A.D.G- this is true haha. "this thread is all talk but no action" Time to fix that. :rofl:

And to the few Ratsuners i met at the Portland swap meet it was cool meeting you guys and buy your shit :rofl:

you guys annoy the hell out of me sometimes.

Weld on coils or coilovers i dont care how you say it.

i wanted to do flares, but do to budgets and not having a part time job. Its not gonna happen for awhile.

i have spent 17 pages of learning about z's and dissembling mine, its time to start putting it back together and get it on the road. OICS will becoming either tonight or tommorow afternoon.

Its called constructive criticism, get used to it because apart of growing up. Just saying man, other than that its all jokes and games bro.

Its called constructive criticism, get used to it because a part of growing up. Just saying man, other than that its all jokes and games bro.

Fixed.

Just kidding :poke:

:rofl:

...OICS will be coming either tonight or tommorow afternoon.

Fixed.

Just kidding :poke:

:rofl:

Double PWN!

Since when are you a mod tristin lol!

Im a ninja mod... no one actually knows I am. Im inconspicuously marked as "Senior Member" to hide my true identity :ninja:

so i did a little spring cleaning on the z.

here are the oics.

i dropped the strut out out on the driver side dissembled everything cut 3 coils off. (took about a week, thanks rainy weather)

then i realized that was a pain in the ass so i jacked the car up, and then cut 3 coils off the passenger side with everything bolted up. Much easier and cleaner.

IMG_20120423_170342.jpg

and then some mock up, hopefully the cover's and mirrors will be on by the end of the month.

IMG_20120423_170303.jpg

IMG_20120423_170316.jpg

IMG_20120423_170329.jpg

and then i went and l and let my dog out, and he decided to catch a squirrel in the air.

IMG_20120423_142056.jpg

fun to take time out of your day and clean up squirrel blood, and guts.

And in july 13th i turn 16nand i already have a job lined up so slammedness will come in August at the latest.

Edited by jalen

finally some honesty up in here... yeah coils are easy to cut in place....get a kidney belt but gglad to here u making progress even with all our razzing...

I think we should organize a ratsun meet at the dmv for when u go for your test.... show the dmv how the dattos of the night do it..

• Like 1

naw just a friend. and skib i know, im just waiting to get taller stalks. I was just debating if i wanted fender mirrors or just a driver door mirror.

Yeah i visited a friends garage and am motivated to get the z back on the road for a car show on may 28.

with that being said i started wet sanding off the bondo. off the side. when im done with that i bolt the struts in and work on the back.

i would say oics come tomorrow, but last time i said that they never came....

I remember your enthusiasm.

You're starting nice and early and that's good. By the time the testes are fully developed and you're in your prime, you won't be an average Joe Mechanic!

Here. This will stir up your inner soffty and give you some motivation.

From this, back when I was your age.

jerhoodopen1.jpg

To this a few years back...

Polished.jpg

And because this will aid in the testes thing above...

510-chix.jpg

To this last year...

_MG_9398.jpg

And now this 9 years later.

http://youtu.be/esQ4uUqIWkk

I had to give this thread some oics for great justice.

And to give you a little more motivation.

The more you work on it the more you learn, the better you get, and the more you get accomplished. By now you're used to the Ratsun group, that's good. Lots of people wuss out and can't andle the pressure. We all have different opinions of things and all of us could tell you something different. You're used to that too, it seems,

We can all be asshats and just troll the hell out of you, but nobody here would go out of their way to make your car unsafe. For both yours and the car's sake, lol.

I do think you're going about things a little backwards from my point of view. It's a little easier I'm sure, not having to drive it all day every day (even though that would be a fun day job.. I did it delivering parts!). But I do think you should focus less on making it look bad ass, and getting it roadworthy and trustworthy. You're going to hop straight into a car that's already slammed not having any experience driving it while it's still "normal". Which is cool and all, I mean it's still a car. But this is one of those things where I think driving it a lot while still normal and then upgradeing to that slammed thing you want.

But let me give you a few pointers here, because I feel you need to be told. And I'm saying it because I know from MY mistakes.

First off, your endevors to slam this car is cool and all, but you don't want anything that's *too* slammed. Too slammed just makes a vehicle fucking useless, of course you don't live in an area where your driveway would have to be graded with a D9 CAT... but I digress. I would have held off on slamming it so soon, you might not like it. I had mine on chopped coils and shit struts (stock 510) and yeah it was pretty to look at (from like 20 feet lol?) it rode like butthole in bacon grease. I upgraded to S12/200sx struts and while that was an okay upgrade, it wasn't perfect. I found that slamming anything without coilovers is a.) UNSAFE and b.) RIDES TERRIBAD. It's good work though, don't take this the wrong way. I am going to say the same thing everybody else up in here keeps telling you. Coilovers. Once you do 'em, you'll be thankful. Save up, and get them. Best upgrade I can even think of for you at this point.

Second, don't ever aspire to ever make this thing more than what you're capable of all at once, work on doing it over time. I'm 9 years into my car now. And in that 9 years - I can tell you pretty much anything you needed to know about a 510. I didn't do that overnight. If you rush things, you'll end up re-doing your work later and that is (as I, and I'm sure everybody on this forum can agree) counter-productive. In doing this engine swap I am just finishing up now, I'm finding haggard ass shit I did when I was your age and having to re-do it because I always rushed it. I was enthralled with my car and how bad ass it was (to me, of course) and I always (still do, honestly) want to make it better. Back in the day, I chopped coils and blah blah and was like HELL YEA! Now, I'm like... well had I waited that extra 6 months instead of sweating to get things done ASAP, my car would be in much better shape than it is right now. I did my L20B swap several years ago, and finished it at 4AM in 6" of snow, and it was 15 degrees out. I can still remember my hands burning like fire because they were so cold. Had I waited you know, til spring to do that awesome swap - I wouldn't have bastardized so many things in the process. I had to re-do several things later that summer that failed because I rushed it.

You have a lot of enthusiasm, and I see a lot of forward progress in this thread! But don't get too involved with it or you're gonna get burned out quick, or frustrated with something that just won't work right and it'll become a backburner project sitting in the background. You'll end up with more motivation to squish banana's than work on your car.

Things like a stoker kit, bigger crank?? Good ideas, but those are serious projects that'll take a lot more time and money and effort than I think you originally thought. Like what Skib said, L28ET. Cheap and easy, and you can re-use stuff at some point later on when you want that stroker block. I rather compare that to my original intentions of building an LZ23. I ended up doing a KA24DE. Why? Because a KA is much simpler than an LZ23, and a whole hell of a lot cheaper. And a lot easier to fix than a Frankenmotor build from parts of engines through the 70's, 80's, and 90's. In doing so, I ended up pretty much destroying a Z22 block while it sat there waiting for me to get things done. Lesson learned.

In your most recent post, you speak of sanding bondo off. That's cool and all, but I'd be working on those struts (easy!) and getting things up and running again. Then you don't have that last minute crunch to get it ready for the show in May. What about Canby a couple of weeks after that? I know dat feel, bro.

I have seen so many projects get put on hold and stuffed somewhere they can't be seen simply because they rushed into things and got in over their heads, they don't have the time to finish it, they don't have the money to put into it, or they put their money and time into things that doesn't get the projects moving again. A ghetto POS that drives from A-to-B safely is better than a bad ass POS that doesn't never leaves the driveway!

Put that petty shit to the side and get to work lad, I expect to see this thing at Canby in all it's glory bro!

Now, I don't mean to come off commanding or condescending, but it's the truth. Everybody here has had a project or 3 (or 6 or 10.. James... haha) so we all know.

Measure twice, cut once.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Moar Lowar is not always Moar Bettarrrr.

And Skib is right about your mirror... it's good you still have your stock mirror where it should be. That's the one you'll be using when you go to the DMV.

Oh and don't forget the pictures, yo.

• Like 4

Wtf just happened lol? Let him do whatever he wants, boaty i agree with you on most what you said but if he wants to slam/stroke/stance/hellaflush just let him do it and learn from his mistakes. Saw alot of "i did this" and "dont think you should this or that",considering i was WAY over my head when i did my Z and new half next to shit about an S30z, im happy where i got it making my own mistakes rather than somebody trying to change my direction of the build. Jalen im pretty sure your cars gonna be badass eventually maybe more than mine so do what YOU think is right for your car, your young and lucky so take advantage of it while you got it.

so i went to z sports and talked to them about suspension to be slammed.

for $600 i can buy dc2's and spend another $360 for camber plates all around for a total of $960

or i can section the struts and throw ground control coilovers for $400 and then buy camber plates for $360 and vw inserts $120 for a total of $880.

im trying to decide now.

so i went to z sports and talked to them about suspension to be slammed.

for $600 i can buy dc2's and spend another $360 for camber plates all around for a total of $960

or i can section the struts and throw ground control coilovers for $400 and then buy camber plates for $360 and vw inserts $120 for a total of $880.

im trying to decide now.

Check ebay, i bet you can find those parts a lot cheaper