Trolling and teh lolz 2.8

jalen

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the last number is the bead diameter... it and your wheel need to be the same or u will start a new stretch concept...snicker sorry i had too...i like that z u pictured....never been a z guy biutthere are some cool ones that havve swayed my opinion...

3.1L builds are not cheap by a long shot :blink:

lol V07 cranks or worth their weight in gold now days too.

Yup .. those things have Been worth a good chunk of change for a while :blink: ... errrr

Jalen, nice direction on the 3.1 ... the guy i talked to said $1,800 in machining alone + parts. I understand you are aware of this :)

Be a lot of fun once you get done with it!

For your 3.1 power .... consider building an x-member under the car to stiffen up fram rails ;)

Yeah it will take sometime. Purepontiackid is trying to persuade me away from the 3.1 mellow.gif

if you want to do a high HP L6 its the way to go.

Id suggest tossing in a mild modded L28et (bolt ons)

and rock that for fun while you get the parts together and have the work done for the 3.1

then swap out the bottom end (or long block if you want to build a ported head too)

My buddy John runs a 3.0L turbo and makes 454hp at the wheels. 10 sec car.

yeah skib this is a more realistic goal.

to me its a practical way to do it.

strait L28et swaps are cheap and easy to do, and are plenty fun with FMIC, exhaust, and a boost controller.

you get to have fun with an L28et in the mean time cuz its gonna take a while to get a 3.1 block finished.

but when your done you just swap the blocks and blam you get a 3.1 turbo.

If you want a shortblock to play with, I have a L28et block/crank,rods/oil pan/ and a few extras sitting on a pallet in my driveway in Sedro Woolley. Bring a truck, and 6 pack of Alaskan Amber, And it's yours. PM if you want it.

Just read this intire thread,

Skib has great advice for you...and cant agree more.....

Your a young cat with great asperations and passion for your ride....thats 90% of it. I encourage just about everything thats going on in your head....you gotta try things out hands on to really figure out where your priorieties and function stand. $$$$ and time stops most of us...hell Im on going on my 5th year on my 67 PT Camaro build....there are short cuts and things I would love to take, but dont want to dilute my vision.

In your case, your fired up ready to do some things...and I think thats great to do as much as you can with the funds and time you have.

This 74 z we have is my 13 year old twins car.....I just hope they get that same fire you got. At your age its ok to do things x2 or even 3 before you get it how you want it.

Try not to let some comments discourage you, and take heed to others that give advice...at your age your gunna do what you want in the long run, but remember some of these cats have been there a long time ago and can save you a ass load of time and money.

Good stuff, the twins and I are gunna subscribe to this thread for sure, I will try and help when I can.......keep up the good work.

Bob

the other thing about what I said about running a reg L28et while you build a 3.1 to swap in is

when shit takes that long to build and you dont get to enjoy it you get fuckin sick of looking at it and it really kills your motivation.

if your driving it in the mean time it keeps it fun and it keeps you energized on the long haul projects.

lol cuz let me tell you, sometimes you have those long projects and you just go out an look at it and you think fuck this thing Im so sick of looking at it lol

the other thing about what I said about running a reg L28et while you build a 3.1 to swap in is

when shit takes that long to build and you dont get to enjoy it you get fuckin sick of looking at it and it really kills your motivation.

if your driving it in the mean time it keeps it fun and it keeps you energized on the long haul projects.

lol cuz let me tell you, sometimes you have those long projects and you just go out an look at it and you think fuck this thing Im so sick of looking at it lol

From my pesonal experience . .. .. . if you think the car will be back on the road in 6 months it means 4-5 years .... . . :lol:

keep driving it till the wheels fall off .... .. . there's a million things you can do while still keeping it on the road,,, and getting closer to the finished car minus the motor

Saying you will trade beer for parts doesnt help out the rep of residents of Sedro Woolley.

lol.gif

Hey, at least it's good beer. I could have offered to trade for a case of PBR. Honestly, It would take me a month to get through a 6 pack. I dont really care about the beer, I just want the motor gone.

How about a box or chocolate chip mint Klondike bars?

Hey, at least it's good beer. I could have offered to trade for a case of PBR. Honestly, It would take me a month to get through a 6 pack. I dont really care about the beer, I just want the motor gone.

How about a box or chocolate chip mint Klondike bars?

alot of things get done on ratsun like this.

lulz I sold kama my old goon back seat that was mint.

cost.....

a few cheap beers at the bar :lol:

(we where there when he asked about it and I was broke. win-win)