Trolling and teh lolz 2.8

jalen

Just letting you know, there are LOTS of vacuum lines to remove. Once you get past those you have the injectors, and throttle body, then you have to remove all of the bolts and nuts that hold the manifold and header on. Have fun :D

• Like 1
  • Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont remove the manifold man. your bond to mess something up. do a bunch of research on your car and datsuns in general. gotta learn how to mess with stuff, before you actually mess with it.

And save up for tools man.. lol

Completely, 100% agree. Without proper tools and knowledge you are GOING to screw something up. When I first got my Z I had no idea how to work on the Z and I had plans to put it on 18's, with flares, and a body kit. After I did research and saw what everyone else was doing with their Z's my plans with the Z took a complete 180. Take some time and do some research, it will benefit you in the long run.

• Like 2

^^^ best advice anyone could give you. Ive been researching old school Z's for a few years now and I am STILL hesitant to take most of the engine stuff apart even though I have done in on plenty other cars... Research will always benefit you and you will be far less likely to severely mess anything up... Have fun with your Z, looks good so far, and if you do make a few little mistakes dont sweat it too much, its part of the learning process :D

Yeah I decided to wait until I'm ready to switch over to carbs. I have a lot more important things to do before cleaning up the engine bay.

And thank you all you guys for the help

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So i finally was able to work on my car today and i decided that i was gonna take my front valances off to put the Air-dam i made on . Ended up cutting my leg on the car and beat the hell out of the valences twofinger_salute.gif. so it looked like this.

securedownload1.jpg

securedownload.jpg

Than i realized i need a piece of the valances to bolt my air-dam on so it wouldn't be so high off the ground. and ended up screwing my self. sad.gif

But than my friend came over and gave me a 240z bumper thats pretty straight for free with the mounts (made my day) biggrin.gif

What it will look like with the air-dam

securedownload3.jpg

securedownload3-1.jpgbiggrin.gif

so after i get my airdam on, i want to slam my car. I will probably do 280zx struts with lowering springs or coilovers. and get it around this height.

4590750968_04c0db398c_b1.jpgcool.giftwofinger_salute.gifhyper.gifthumbup1.giffrantics.gifthumbup.gif

• Like 1

One more of the airdam and bumper from the front.

securedownload2-1.jpgcool.gif

on the car.

securedownload4.jpg

and i will probably get some cheap seats from jegs like this for now. 55570240.jpg

and i repainted my center console. and i want to do something custom. Any ideas????blink.gif

• Like 1

Haha those are my swagger shoes :fu: a

And I know hls30.

I was thinking about using the stock center console and shorten it up a lil bit and add switches for my fog lights, interior neon lights. And possibly add a section for my cd player. And than add something else were my speaker normally is.

And I get to help put a custom dash in my friends 250gto replica. (scorpion gtzr appraised for 150k)

So maybe I'll get some ideas there.

• Like 1

so after i get my airdam on, i want to slam my car. I will probably do 280zx struts with lowering springs or coilovers. and get it around this height.

just an fyi, the 280zx strut swap thing is for 510's

you can just use your 280z struts and get a coil over set or 1/1.5 drop springs for them.

theres also various brake upgrades for S30s as well

Hls30: i think you do, i know you dont have to have your fenders on. but im not sure on bumpers. ill probably take the front bumper off and put the airdam on and take the rear bumper off.

and skib i realized that after i posted it. ill probably do a coilover kit from tecno toy tuning. but for now just cut springs. i want o lower it more than 2 coils but i wont.

• Like 1

thats the only down side of cut springs.

my hood has some surface rust on the inside:

securedownload-2.jpg

so i was thinking about painting it flat black on the inside and do a desighn like this.

(its not my hood if you cant tell)

asssssdasd-1.jpg

and im uying another hood from a friend for around $50 and the entire thing will be black and on that one i want to something like this.karateredgif11.gif

but it would say seventy six s30 (七十六S30の) or Datsun fairlady (ダットサンフェアレディ) or datsun z car (ダットサン車)

i cant decide. unsure.gif

and here is a recent pic of my engine bay.

securedownload1-2.jpg

securedownload2-2.jpg

I have no idea why i painted my valve color that green, eventually ill get it blasted and paint it wrinkle black.smile.gif

And this is the thing that started seventy-six-s30 (my forum name on other forums)cool.gif

[securedownload3-2.jpg

i was on my ipod making account on stanceworks and was at the username,e, and i looked up and saw the 76 gas station ball and a s30. so thats how it started. Than a few weeks later i realized 76 was the year of my z. i felt like a dumbass hahadry.gif

and my inspiration to getting my z done. This is my favorite model i have.

securedownload4-1.jpgthumbup.gif

I bought the yellow one at cost-co, and the bre and orange one i got from a friend for free.cool.gif

ii have like 15 other models. im probably gonna sell them cause there in boxes.