The Juke is here.

Skib

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a load of Jukes, a Titan and a Cube yesterday on a transporter... damn the Juke is small! the Titan and the Cube were sign wrapped for the BC Lions football team... methinks the overall dimensions on the juke are smaller than the cube.

With a little tuning, the Juke could be a AWD bumper car on speed.

I saw a load of Jukes, a Titan and a Cube yesterday on a transporter... damn the Juke is small! the Titan and the Cube were sign wrapped for the BC Lions football team... methinks the overall dimensions on the juke are smaller than the cube.

With a little tuning, the Juke could be a AWD bumper car on speed.

What I was thinking was more, lift that bitch up, add exoskeleton, add 100 gallon fuel tank, and baja 1000 here it comes.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So i wanted to add ( before this goes back to page 13 ) that as much as the Cube is one of the strangest designs ,,of all time.. I sat in a brand new one with this tan cloth interior and it was the softest , most comfortable seat my fat ass has ever had the pleasure of plopping into.. I don`t know if it is woven out of baby seals or what, but it has a feeling that usually only comes with a car that has custom interior..If you don`t believe me go check it out yourself , Your mind will be blown by how soft it is..

It also has a seed sifter built right into the dash , for your convenience.

Yeah that's great info..............

........... unfortunately I process better visually. Like: ... "Show me, mutherfucker!" Lets see some traction control 1/4 mile launches and 10.45 and 132 on the board. Let's see some auto-X shit. Let's see a dash cam of someone slammed into the seats with a smile that turns into a concerned look. Lets see a 4 wheel smokey burn out for no other reason than 'because I can."

Do not want to later have to change the title to: 'The Joke Is Here'

• Like 1

Something tells me the Juke is based on a Renault platform. Perhaps the Clio, not the Clio sport, which I'm fond of. I just wonder how serious they are about building the Juke R. I suspect not very, but I could be wrong. It would be nice if it looked meaner, not like a displaced 70's dune buggy. A Meyers Manx has a certain nostalgia, the Juke currently looks like it took that nostalgia and crapped it into a nasty CVT pile of headlights and plastic.

Something tells me the Juke is based on a Renault platform. Perhaps the Clio, not the Clio sport, which I'm fond of. I just wonder how serious they are about building the Juke R. I suspect not very, but I could be wrong. It would be nice if it looked meaner, not like a displaced 70's dune buggy. A Meyers Manx has a certain nostalgia, the Juke currently looks like it took that nostalgia and crapped it into a nasty CVT pile of headlights and plastic.

Produce it? LOL. There are 2 more videos. Judging by the full cage/chassis they do I doubt it will ever be near production. It would probably actually cost more than a GTR at that point too.

316689_291966550822497_129962990356188_1163436_623929798_n.jpg

• Like 1

"10.25.2011 , ROLLE, Switzerland

NISSAN JUKE-R UNVEILED: FIRST IMAGE OF THE ULTIMATE COMPACT CROSSOVER

NISSAN MAKES SHOCK JUKE-R UNVEIL DURING CROSSOVER PRESS EVENT IN MALAGA

The world has been given its first glimpse of Nissan's ultimate compact crossover: Juke-R.

Unveiled at a Nissan Crossover media launch in Malaga, Spain, Juke-R shocked an unsuspecting audience when it was revealed as a ‘surprise guest' at the end of the press conference. Shown for the first time in the metal, Juke-R continues to create a huge reaction, harnessing the bold design of Nissan's provocative Juke with the speed and power of the company's flagship GT-R...... creating the world's fastest, most innovative, crossover.

Just two versions of the Nissan Juke-R are being created, one in each of left-hand and right-hand drive. The cars have been developed by Nissan and are being built by leading motorsports outfit RML with input from Nissan Technology Centre for Europe (NTC-E). Testing of the car will begin in November."

http://nissannews.com/pressrelease/2995/1/nissan-juke-r-unveiled-first-image-ultimate-compact

Strikes me that this (Juke) is a contentious design and possibly Nissan feels that preliminary acceptance is ... poor. So they hire an ad company to present an R model at a 'car show' to try and drum up interest. There's an old saying that all press is good press. This is why check out magazines are filled with brad and jen and jen and angie and angie and brad. It keeps them in the public consciousness. Listen to any vapid tune on your car radio long enough and you will start tapping your toe to it. Same here. If I had a dime for every concept car promised by the maker to 'go into production this year' I could retire.