well shit...

Skib

Are you running the SU's?? Is the throttle cable housing still ok, or close?

ya I am. the metal part that bolts to the firewall? thats still intact but Idk how the cable comes out of it, the cable itself is fuck tho

go to kregan and get a universal braided on 25 bucks and its brand new

DSC04392.jpg

how do you have it run on the gas petal side?

I have a few cables around that may be useable (one ends been cut off so its just bare cable)

but idk how to hold it from moving at the petal side :(

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does you cable attach to your firewall? Cable screw onto firewall or bolt on with two bolts?

its got the metal plate with the tube on that that bolts to the fire wall with two 10mm bolts

but the cable in it is just to screwed up to use anymore, its already broken on me twice.

is the cable sheath still good? if it is, just take some bicycle cable and run it in the same sheath. find a cable thats got the little soldered end, and use that at the pedal. and then the other end you can use a crimp to make a loop or whatever you gotta do... it'd get ya by til somethin better came along...

is the cable sheath still good? if it is, just take some bicycle cable and run it in the same sheath. find a cable thats got the little soldered end, and use that at the pedal. and then the other end you can use a crimp to make a loop or whatever you gotta do... it'd get ya by til somethin better came along...

thanks Ill try that.

how do you have it run on the gas petal side?

I have a few cables around that may be useable (one ends been cut off so its just bare cable)

but idk how to hold it from moving at the petal side :(

it comes with a bunch of different end pieces you find the one that will work the best for your application i used one that fit over the pedal and was held in place with a bolt

On the Bicycle cable use the metal end on the carb side and figure something out to mount it to the pedal (A bolt off of an old bicycle bolt will work well and is adjustable/non permanent so youll get more than one shot) Adjust your cable to the carb into the center of its range before you affix the mount to the pedal. If it doesnt bind it should last a LONG time... If it does bind either make it so that it doesnt, or carry an extra cable with you at all times.

that u20 is a stock l20b camshaft, i think it came out in the u60 l20b's in the early 610's? someone correct me if im wrong, i have a brand new one out in the garage if you need me to take any measurments.

ya I know its an L20 cam but Im thinking it may be a regrind because the stamps on the back arnt all factory.

^^^ optional 620 "Skib Edition ---" or "Sick Edition ---"

EMBLEM'S ??? :lol: :D

good note to bring this up on I guess :rofl:

its going to be a Fitch edition ;)

should have seen this coming if you didnt already :lol:

Datsun620KC_BulletsINC.jpg

no rattle can this time, theres one ding to fix in the bed and the mirror holes to weld up and then itl be off to the painter.

Y'know skib, these Fisch Edition Datsuns (body by skib) will be collector cars in a hundred years.

good note to bring this up on I guess :rofl:

no rattle can this time, theres one ding to fix in the bed and the mirror holes to weld up and then itl be off to the painter.

Can I put the bullet holes in the side of it? ;)