Skib

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nope :P

Im a Z addict threw and threw,

but I love building motors :cool: and dattos in general.

Iv got most of the parts layin around lol

only thing I gotta buy is a gnarly cam ;)

Im a tinkerer I cant own shit with out messing with it.

nope :P

Im a Z addict threw and threw,

but I love building motors :cool: and dattos in general.

Iv got most of the parts layin around lol

only thing I gotta buy is a gnarly cam ;)

Im a tinkerer I cant own shit with out messing with it.

I know what you mean. I love to tinker if there is something to tinker with. Although you have this motor in the goon pretty squared away. I'll have to tinker with something else on it. :lol: I do want to get a 240Z when I get the chance. :D

Depends where you live. Skib lives in DEQ zone. The cutoff in the Portland Metro area is '75. I have many friends with cars registered in Corvallis and they have no DEQ even for brand new cars. I believe bit east of Portland might be a rolling 30 year cutoff.

So in the Portland metro area 1979 vehicles still need to DEQ.

1 hour south of Portland...and no DEQ...buahahaaah...

Drat...member of the goon squad down! truck looks nice tho...

yuuuuup :lol:

I went and got them and finished them on my lunch at work :lol:

super easy to do and only ran me $50.92 at discount imports (mostly VW shop down the road)

Sweet deal. I never got around to getting that air cleaner I designed built..... Good job with getting it done.

lol I found one random SU cleaner in the buckets kev :rofl:

got the air cleaners done and on.

P9080006.jpg

the rear hits the break booster so I had to shape a big dent basically to fit in against the booster.

Iv got to twist the filter just to get that on.

the VW cleaners have a hole right in the middle to screw the cleaner cover on and its snug against the booster so no way thats working.

Im going to drill new holes so it has a two bolt mount on the sides.

P9080007.jpg

P9080010.jpg

P9080013.jpg

anyone running SUs on a 620 have any advise to fitting cleaners better?

also installed a water temp (with actual numbers, i hate the cold/hot ones), oil pressure, and volt gauges.

P9080004.jpg

also put this red oh shit light in lol.

not hooked up to anything at the moment but it fit perfectly in the factory front metal screw piece and looks better than a big hole :rofl:

P9080015.jpg

:rofl: bout all I did today

You should make your own air box :cool: I like to make my own shit. Looking good btw

prob gonna have too. just getting the filter element on the back carb is a PITA. getting the lid on is even more of bitch even with my indent to fit the booster

prob gonna have too. just getting the filter element on the back carb is a PITA. getting the lid on is even more of bitch even with my indent to fit the booster

Talk to DatsunBratPack. He has a design that works really well for duel carbs. You'll have to build it. Or if I see you before you build it I have a design that will work as well. :D

if you do you could donate these to my su project :D lmao

they look good though shame the booster is closer in the 620 then the 610

i have a set of those gauges as well that i need to install im kinda liking them on the console like that and the console you have is similar to the one for my car how do you hook up an oh shit light (im guessing shift light?) if i can make a small one like that i might do it

What are you doing with the rat n wrenches you took off. I sooo want it.

Still got em :lol: there cool for shows and stuff but the screens on them dont really filter out anything but leaves an big ol shit lol

how do you hook up an oh shit light (im guessing shift light?)

I have a bunch of them for the Z that will be run to different stuff as warning lights,

lol I call them oh shit lights cuz thats what youl be saying if one comes one :rofl:

no idea what Im gonna hook this one up too, was really just filling the hole :P

Skib I was wondering if I could borrow the rats & wrenches su covers. I want to make another set and need them for the pattern.

ya np man. I gotta try and make it up to corys some time to get parts and I gotta get my beatin stick back from you too :rofl: